Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
I got the D.E.S.S. code error on mine, and have been able to get around. But I had it checked at my last service and they ordered the replacement part. My question is, will this issue come up again with the new part, and is there a certain part number that I need to look out for? Now when my bike gets the error, I am able to wait about a minute or less, and reinsert the key in the opposite direction and I am good to go. I don't want to get it replaced and end up with an even worse problem.

Thanks,

Keith

PS, I have had this error for over a year and it is actually not too much of a problem, YET. Will it get worse with time? Right now I also take both keys if I am going on a multi day trip.
Keith, The D.E.S.S. Error will happen again, and like Mike (blueknight911) said " it is only the beginning". Get the D.E.S.S. Module and the ignition switch replaced, and they are both UNDER WARRANTY.

The second time I had the D.E.S.S. module/switch ( on Aug. 28,2015) replaced the dealership used part # 710004190( D.E.S.S. Module) and the ignition switch ( part # 710004413) and I have not had the D.E.S.S. error show up. The mileage when I had the second D.E.S.S. Module replaced was: 8,740.

When I had the first D.E.S.S Module replaced was: 6,994 on July, 14,2015. I have good luck with part # 710004190( D.E.S.S Module)

Deanna