Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Yes, it is 8+ years that this defect has been present in Spyders. Yes, I would think from a manufacturing point of view regarding this defect (I also work at a manufacturing plant) that BRP would/could have come up with some solution to fix the problem. We (Spyder owners) are at the mercy of BRP. I would think that BRP would do something about it because of all the cases that have been opened up about the D.E.S.S. Issues!

I wonder if any other 2018 Spyder models that have had the D.E.S.S. error/or have been stranded?

Deanna
    Yes, you would think that BRP would have this fixed by now. I had the DESS module replaced last summer after it showed up the second time. Bike was in the shop for over three weeks. Then a week later the instrument cluster crapped out and needed replacing. On the 26th of July I am taking a trip with my son to Colorado for three weeks, can’t say I’m not a little worried about this leaving me stranded in Western Kansas or Colorado where the dealers are a long way apart. I’d just like to have the DESS turned off if I could and have done with it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-21-2024 at 07:47 PM.