Hybrid View

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Deanna ~ I wanted to let you know that I joined your 'two timer club'. I also have a 2014 RT-S. I had problems with the DESS error code earlier this summer. My dealer opened a case with BRP and the DESS was replaced under warranty. Two weeks ago I was 500 miles away from home in Yellowstone and I got the dreaded DESS code again. I played hell for several hours to get it restarted and I limped it 400 miles to my dealer. They replaced my DESS for a second time.
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cohoff View Post
    Deanna ~ I wanted to let you know that I joined your 'two timer club'. I also have a 2014 RT-S. I had problems with the DESS error code earlier this summer. My dealer opened a case with BRP and the DESS was replaced under warranty. Two weeks ago I was 500 miles away from home in Yellowstone and I got the dreaded DESS code again. I played hell for several hours to get it restarted and I limped it 400 miles to my dealer. They replaced my DESS for a second time.
    Thanks for letting me know. What was the part # that your can-am dealership used to replace the DESS the first/ second time?

When you played for several hours, did you take your key and walk away and wait for 10- 15 minutes to let the computer reboot?
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Thanks for letting me know. What was the part # that your can-am dealership used to replace the DESS the first/ second time?

When you played for several hours, did you take your key and walk away and wait for 10- 15 minutes to let the computer reboot?
    Deanna

Deanna, i don't have know the part #. I looked on my past invoices and all it says is replaced DESS module. I do know that the DESS module cost $132.99, but it was covered under warranty

I played that game of walking away with my key for over 30 minutes. it never worked. i ended up leaving it sit for over 2 hours and went back to it. still wouldn't start. i kept trying off and on for the next 30 minutes and finally it started. once it did, i never turned it off until i got to my dealer. i was afraid it wouldn't start again.
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Spyder Garage

Deanna, i don't have know the part #. I looked on my past invoices and all it says is replaced DESS module. I do know that the DESS module cost $132.99, but it was covered under warranty

I played that game of walking away with my key for over 30 minutes. it never worked. i ended up leaving it sit for over 2 hours and went back to it. still wouldn't start. i kept trying off and on for the next 30 minutes and finally it started. once it did, i never turned it off until i got to my dealer. i was afraid it wouldn't start again.
    Is this the first D.E.S.S module that got replaced?

The part # for the D.E.S.S. module that my dealership replaced in my 2014RTS-SE6 is 710004190. On my invoice the price say's $0.00 for the D.E.S.S. module, and the switch # is 710004413 and the cost for that is $0.00. Also, the 2 items were under warranty and I still have warranty left.

Glad that you finally got your Spyder started, so you could take to your dealership. Keep us posted what happens next. Deanna
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-02-2023 at 05:27 PM. Reason: C

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Is this the first D.E.S.S module that got replaced?

The part # for the D.E.S.S. module that my dealership replaced in my 2014RTS-SE6 is 710004190. On my invoice the price say's $0.00 for the D.E.S.S. module, and the switch # is 710004413 and the cost for that is $0.00. Also, the 2 items were under warranty and I still have warranty left.

Glad that you finally got your Spyder started, so you could take to your dealership. Keep us posted what happens next. Deanna
    I stand corrected Deanna......just relooked at my invoices. The first DESS module that was replaced on my 2014 RT-S SE6 has a part number of 710004190. This was in June 2015.

My second DESS module was replaced in October 2015 and the part number was 710004697.

Why would they have different part numbers?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-02-2023 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

I stand corrected Deanna......just relooked at my invoices. The first DESS module that was replaced on my 2014 RT-S SE6 has a part number of 710004190. This was in June 2015.

My second DESS module was replaced in October 2015 and the part number was 710004697.

Why would they have different part numbers?
    Did your Can-Am dealership order the right part # from the get go? (for your 2014RT-S SE6)

Or did a tech (at your dealership) have a lot of installs to do the day that you brought your 2014RTS-SE6 in for your 2nd DESS module replaced? Maybe they (the tech at your dealership) picked-up the wrong part?

I got the following parts info. for Model Year, Model, Part Number
    2014 RS,ST,RT 710004190
    2015 RS,ST,RT 710004241
    2015 F3 710004697

I got the above info from my can-am dealership that says" ROADSTER 2014-015 D.E.S.S. Error Displayed in Cluster_000104494_TST61Y014S10_en. Ask your can-am dealership about the part number 710004697. Keep me posted on what you find out about the part number (710004697) Deanna

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-02-2023 at 05:30 PM. Reason: C

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock