Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Bill,

Re: There should be a way to measure whatever it sends out.

I am no electrical/electronic expert, but I believe that the key(s) to Spyder do not have batteries in them. If mine do, I'll be d***** on how I would replace them.

That leads me to believe that they do not send out anything. To 'send out' something would require an energy source, i.e., a battery.

My new 2015 car key(s) have batteries but they are only to remotely lock/unlock the doors.

My car keys, which have the keyless start system, are a RF system. The car sends out the RF signal and it ( somehow ) bounces back without requiring any energy.

Anyone else with a thought on this?

Jerry Baumchen

PS) And I might be so wrong on this that I haven't seen the ball since the kickoff.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sure that you are right but something sends something to somewhere, if its built right on the edge, with any heat or cold it will fail. I'm glad that for now BRP has to pay & throw money at the problem making no points in the "we build a great machine" category.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi Bill,

Re: There should be a way to measure whatever it sends out.

I am no electrical/electronic expert, but I believe that the key(s) to Spyder do not have batteries in them. If mine do, I'll be d***** on how I would replace them.

That leads me to believe that they do not send out anything. To 'send out' something would require an energy source, i.e., a battery.

My new 2015 car key(s) have batteries but they are only to remotely lock/unlock the doors.

My car keys, which have the keyless start system, are a RF system. The car sends out the RF signal and it ( somehow ) bounces back without requiring any energy.

Anyone else with a thought on this?

Jerry Baumchen

PS) And I might be so wrong on this that I haven't seen the ball since the kickoff.