Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Hi MarkLawson,

Re: There's an assumption the lawsuit is frivolous, and it may be, but it may also be legit. I, for one, don't know.

None of us know enough to offer a truthful comment on it.

If anyone would actually take the time to search & read about the MacDonald's hot coffee lawsuit you would learn a lot about why it was actually MacDonald's fault. I did and it was eye opening.

Just my $0.02,

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    None of us know enough to offer a truthful comment on it.
    But then the jokes started rolling in...

And I didn't start them! Honest!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have to agree with Bob. I have been to that exact restaurant several times, and the rolls as extremely soft. I would find it very difficult for someone's eye to be damaged; but maybe he was injured somehow.

I would pay for his damages, and give him a dozen rolls to go; then send him on his way.

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

Kinda have to agree with Mark. It is very possible to injure the eye with a "soft" object. It doesn't take much to scratch the cornea. But I still say, this is getting stale. Lets roll on to another topic.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

The question is does he KNEAD the dough??

Spyder Garage

Default Can't resist....

Either way, I think he is a CRUSTY old fart.
    Rawhide Kid
    2014 Spyder RT Limited. Cognac
    Goodyear, AZ

Spyder Garage

Here is the latest version of the article from the internet where everything is correct. Yesterday it stated a man was suing, that has now been corrected to a woman is suing.

"She says she sustained a lacerated cornea due to the restaurant's bread-throwing antics.
    A woman is suing a Missouri restaurant known for throwing rolls at customers for throwing a roll at her. According to the Riverfront Times, Lambert's Cafe is a restaurant chainlet "proudly" known as the "Home of Throwed Rolls" where servers lob bread rolls across the restaurant at guests. (If there was any doubt as to the restaurant's commitment to roll throwing, its website URL is throwedrolls.com.) However, the airborne carb bombing went completely wrong for one customer. Troy Tucker is suing the restaurant over a severe injury she claims to have received due to the restaurant's bread-throwing antics.
    Tucker says she "sustained a lacerated cornea with a vitreous detachment and all head, neck, eyes and vision were severely damaged," while visiting the restaurant last September. Fox4KC notes that Tucker now wants $25,000 to pay for her medical bills and legal fees. Troy claims in the lawsuit that throwing rolls is a "defective condition" and that the restaurant already knew, or should have known, about the "danger of this practice." Throwing things at customers might not be the best decision, but just how hard did a server have to chuck the roll to cause damage to her vision, eyes, neck, and head? Eater reached out to Lambert's Cafe, but reps for the restaurant had "no comment" on the situation.
    This isn't the first time a customer has filed a somewhat over-the-top lawsuit against a restaurant. Earlier this year a woman decided to sue P.F. Chang's over what she deemed to be a discriminatory gluten-free menu. The pan-Asian chain charges a dollar more for gluten-free items (to cover the higher food costs) but she believes that the surcharge discriminates against those who can't eat gluten and that it violates the Americans With Disabilities Act.
    Update 8/14/15; 9:10 a.m.: An earlier version of this story referred to the plaintiff, Troy Tucker, as a man. She is a woman."

Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-14-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Lamberts will now issue these upon entrance to their restaurants to all customers.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Here is the latest version of the article from the internet where everything is correct. Yesterday it stated a man was suing, that has now been corrected to a woman is suing.

"She says she sustained a lacerated cornea due to the restaurant's bread-throwing antics.
    A woman is suing a Missouri restaurant known for throwing rolls at customers for throwing a roll at her. According to the Riverfront Times, Lambert's Cafe is a restaurant chainlet "proudly" known as the "Home of Throwed Rolls" where servers lob bread rolls across the restaurant at guests. (If there was any doubt as to the restaurant's commitment to roll throwing, its website URL is throwedrolls.com.) However, the airborne carb bombing went completely wrong for one customer. Troy Tucker is suing the restaurant over a severe injury she claims to have received due to the restaurant's bread-throwing antics.
    Tucker says she "sustained a lacerated cornea with a vitreous detachment and all head, neck, eyes and vision were severely damaged," while visiting the restaurant last September. Fox4KC notes that Tucker now wants $25,000 to pay for her medical bills and legal fees. Troy claims in the lawsuit that throwing rolls is a "defective condition" and that the restaurant already knew, or should have known, about the "danger of this practice." Throwing things at customers might not be the best decision, but just how hard did a server have to chuck the roll to cause damage to her vision, eyes, neck, and head? Eater reached out to Lambert's Cafe, but reps for the restaurant had "no comment" on the situation.

So she went into the "Home of The Throwed-Roll", and is surprised that she took one for the team?
    This seems similar to putting your hand into the mouth of a bobcat, and being surprised when kitty bites...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The sign on the building and ads state "Home of the throwed roll". So I think the onus is on her, if she can't catch she shouldn't have put her hand up. I too,was hit by a roll, but I would never have thought of sueing a company for my own inability. OK, now I fell better, frivilous lawsuits get my panties in a wad. Penny

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post

This isn't the first time a customer has filed a somewhat over-the-top lawsuit against a restaurant. Earlier this year a woman decided to sue P.F. Chang's over what she deemed to be a discriminatory gluten-free menu. The pan-Asian chain charges a dollar more for gluten-free items (to cover the higher food costs) but she believes that the surcharge discriminates against those who can't eat gluten and that it violates the Americans With Disabilities Act.
    Update 8/14/15; 9:10 a.m.: An earlier version of this story referred to the plaintiff, Troy Tucker, as a man. She is a woman."

I thought that's what post 19 stated in the link.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I thought that's what post 19 stated in the link.
    When I started this thread I quoted that a man was suing based on the article--which I did not post. Your post #19 did state woman--which was contrary to what I had originally posted. I decided to post the most recent update to clear up any misunderstanding.

Now we have it right and its from the internet.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-15-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red