Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Lets ride

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderbit65 View Post
    Duluth GA
    I ride a 2011 Black/Silver RSS and my husband rides a 2011 Copper RSS. Anyone in the area want to meet up and ride?
    We live in Cumming, GA. We have been on this since 2010 and really no one forms a ride. We have a 2009 Roadster black/gray.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by meancj7 View Post
    Another Spyder in Georgia,2011RT black, Love it! Down here in Savannah, let me know if anyone's headed this way and want to ride. Maybe Benten Lees steakhouse, if haven't heard of it there great.:
    JUST READ YOUR MESSAGE DIDN'T REALIZE SOMEONE FROM THIS AREA WAS ON THE SITE WOULD LOVE TO GET TOGETHER SOMETIME AND RIDE. YOU MENTIONED BENTON LEE'S AND MUDCAT CHARLIE'S BELOW DARIEN IS ALSO A GOOD PLACE TO EAT AND A GOOD RIDE

Spyder Garage

Default Here I am again and again!

For the umpteen time we are located in Cumming, GA. 2009 Roadster purchased new. We like to ride. Some business aquaintences & I are leaving June 15th. 2012 for an overnight stay to North Carolina and we are going the ride the Dragon.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman_09 View Post
    For the umpteen time we are located in Cumming, GA. 2009 Roadster purchased new. We like to ride. Some business aquaintences & I are leaving June 15th. 2012 for an overnight stay to North Carolina and we are going the ride the Dragon.
    Have a great time on the Dragon. I'll be leaving for Durango after work on the 15th, so won't be able to join you this time.

Have fun!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Lawrencville Rider

I commute on my 2010 Quantum Blue but would be interested in taking a ride with a group. Let me know if some people are getting together. Had the RS for 3 months now.

Spyder Garage

Default THEY TALK THE TALK BUT THEY DON'T DO THE WALK!

Good luck in getting a group ride together. I have been trying that for a few years and nothing happens nor are they organized in group meets.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Good luck in getting a group ride together. I have been trying that for a few years and nothing happens nor are they organized in group meets.
    I tried to get the group to ride east toward Savannah. NO LUCK.

Spyder Garage

Default meancj7

Looks like no break in the weather for a week or more, If I see onw will PM you and try to make a plan to meet and ride west. (Lanes Packing great lunch and ice cream) Maybe find mor interested SPYDER riders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisyjoe View Post
    I tried to get the group to ride east toward Savannah. NO LUCK.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by meancj7 View Post
    Looks like no break in the weather for a week or more, If I see onw will PM you and try to make a plan to meet and ride west. (Lanes Packing great lunch and ice cream) Maybe find mor interested SPYDER riders.
    Sounds great! Spyder in Jesup that would possibly be interested.

Spyder Garage

Default Group meets and rides

A group of Spyder riders started GA Spider Riders last September. We had a meeting in Social Circle, with small rides after it for anyone that was interested. Then we had another meeting in Augusta in October. Our next meeting was in January (or was it February) in Kennesaw. We had a group ride to SpyderFest in April.

When we started this group, the riders that partcipated wanted to be "organized, but casual." We have tried to set up meetings in different areas of the state to encourage participation. Since Yol Bolsun is the "head honcho" (and my hubby) and we knew our May to July schedule was crazy, we suggested that another member set the spring meeting. There was a suggested ride for Savannah that sounded awesome, but we never saw any firm details posted. So far, our meetings have been more "meet and eats" with the rides consisting of getting to and from the meetings. The meetings are the "organized" side. We have voted on a group logo, name, no dues, how often to meet and other business. Just this little bit of organization is very time consuming. Sometimes our members will post in the GA section that they are going somewhere and are looking for company. That goes with the casual side of this group.

The next group meeting should occur within this quarter (July-Sept). We are open to suggestions as to where and when. We need a meeting place and date and if desired, planned rides. Keith (YolBolsun) and I will try to make the meeting depending on our work schedules. If we can't be there, any business can be handled by anyone else. We usually post an agenda before the meeting. If someone else wants to take over being the "head honcho" we welcome the volunteer(s).
    Last edited by sewnonnie; 07-19-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: typos
    2008 yellow SM5, PE#488
    ESI 4" risers
    Can-Am 23" Ultra-touring windshield kit
    Can-Am fog lights
    Flash-2-Pass garage door opener
    Givi E460 top case with Admore LED kit
    Spring release on frunk
    Kewl Metal mirror extensions
    Spyder Lovers license plate frame
    Ultimate low rider seat with rider backrest and yellow contrast stitching
    Custom Dynamics Double Feature Lens Tail Light
    TricFenderz (Led lights) in amber/red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default August or Sept Meeting place???

Has a meeting place been set up for August or Sept? We love to get out and ride and would love to get together with a group.... We are in Duluth so hey Cumming, let chat and set something up.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Daisy Jo and spyderman_09... let get together and ride

Hey Spyderman_09 and Daisy Jo.. My husband and I are in Duluth and would love to get together and ride.. Pick a weekend and we will be there....

Spyder Garage

Default meeting

Has a meeting place been set up for August or Sept? We love to get out and ride and would love to get together with a group.... We are in Duluth so hey Cumming, let chat and set something up.
    The meeting will be in Conyers. Still trying to lock down a date with Mtn Motorsports. I am also trying to set up a ride that will end at the monastery before going back to Mtn Motorsports for potluck and meeting. Looking for afternoon to evening as a time frame.

In September, we are planning on the WEMC Breast Cancer ride and many of our members are going to Lamont's BarBQ in Tennessee. We will discuss both of these at our meeting.

I am also looking to set up and Ladies ride (men are welcome too) in the Oct/Nov time frame. I was thinking of a ride that will end up at a tea place somewhere.

Welcome to all new GA Spyder Riders.
    2008 yellow SM5, PE#488
    ESI 4" risers
    Can-Am fog lights
    Spring release on frunk

Spyder Garage

Default STILL HERE

IN CUMMING, GA. WAITING ON A BIG WEEKEND RIDE (ANYONE)?

Spyder Garage

Default THANKS a get together ride would be great!

Hey Spyderman_09 and Daisy Jo.. My husband and I are in Duluth and would love to get together and ride.. Pick a weekend and we will be there....
    e-mail me fjmikos@gmail.com

Spyder Garage

Default THE DRAGON

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    Have a great time on the Dragon. I'll be leaving for Durango after work on the 15th, so won't be able to join you this time.

Have fun!
    Had a great time on the Dragon with 5 other friends. If you have never been there try it. 319 turns in 11 miles. In watching the people & their bikes take off after a while we said why wait until the next day let's do it now. I do not know how many of you realize it but, a Spyder does one hell f a burnout. When we took off my friend was first with his Screaming Eagle I went second & the rest of the pack followed. They said when I did my burnout everyones heads snapped to see what it was. The Screaming Eagle & I finished in 12 minutes. Yes we where moving. It was a lot of fun. On the way back home the next day I took them along the Ocee river rapids on Tenn route 64 into Copperhill, TN. & then back home down 575 to 53 to GA 400. We put on about 500 miles that weekend ride. Lots of interesting friendly people there try it!

Spyder Garage

Default THUNDER BEACH OCTOBER

My friends and I are thinking Thunder Beach (Panama City) this October. Although not for the whole week 2 to 3 days. Heck any longer I would get in trouble! Any interested Spyders????
    Most likely leave early on Friday.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Had a great time on the Dragon with 5 other friends. If you have never been there try it. 319 turns in 11 miles. In watching the people & their bikes take off after a while we said why wait until the next day let's do it now. I do not know how many of you realize it but, a Spyder does one hell f a burnout. When we took off my friend was first with his Screaming Eagle I went second & the rest of the pack followed. They said when I did my burnout everyones heads snapped to see what it was. The Screaming Eagle & I finished in 12 minutes. Yes we where moving. It was a lot of fun. On the way back home the next day I took them along the Ocee river rapids on Tenn route 64 into Copperhill, TN. & then back home down 575 to 53 to GA 400. We put on about 500 miles that weekend ride. Lots of interesting friendly people there try it!
    Sounds like ya'll had a great time. Just a word of caution, depending on what day it is, the Dragon is heavily patrolled by the ticket writers. We all know that it is for a reason. Many, many motorcycle accidents from people riding over their abilities, semis on the wrong side of the road, bicylists, and on and on.........
    see picture below

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sewnonnie View Post
    The meeting will be in Conyers. Still trying to lock down a date with Mtn Motorsports. I am also trying to set up a ride that will end at the monastery before going back to Mtn Motorsports for potluck and meeting. Looking for afternoon to evening as a time frame.

In September, we are planning on the WEMC Breast Cancer ride and many of our members are going to Lamont's BarBQ in Tennessee. We will discuss both of these at our meeting.

I am also looking to set up and Ladies ride (men are welcome too) in the Oct/Nov time frame. I was thinking of a ride that will end up at a tea place somewhere.

Welcome to all new GA Spyder Riders.
    Sounds yummy! Might I suggest eating the potluck first. Would be difficult to keep some of the dishes fresh if we choose to ride first...
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Default good idea

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    Sounds yummy! Might I suggest eating the potluck first. Would be difficult to keep some of the dishes fresh if we choose to ride first...
    I know there is a refrigerator in the dealership, I will talk with Bloke. Maybe potluck, ride and then dessert with meeting. Need to be at the monastery bt about 4:30.
    2008 yellow SM5, PE#488
    ESI 4" risers
    Can-Am fog lights
    Spring release on frunk

Spyder Garage

Hi Georgia Spyder riders. Just got my Spyder a few months ago and would love to get together with other riders sometime. I'm in the Lawrenceville area if anyone sees a green RS-s that's me.

Spyder Garage

Come to the meeting this weekend. We are very informal and you can meet some new peeps.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Come to the meeting this weekend. We are very informal and you can meet some new peeps.
    I would love to come out this weekend but I run my own restaurant and have to be there this weekend. I'm hoping to be free for the next upcoming event. I can't wait to meet other riders.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deligrl View Post
    Hi Georgia Spyder riders. Just got my Spyder a few months ago and would love to get together with other riders sometime. I'm in the Lawrenceville area if anyone sees a green RS-s that's me.
    Welcome! I have an RS. Purchased it June of last year. Fun, fun, fun. I live near Savannah so hopefully one of your trips will be in this direction. Welcome to the site. Great info and lots of wonderful people.

Spyder Garage

DaiseyJoe, I'll be in your area November 6-11 for the Going Coastal...one more time Mega Geocaching event to be held at Skidaway Island State Park.
    I'll have my Spyder RT there as alternate transportation.
    Come to the park that weekend and enjoy the fun time by hundreds of people. There are to be some events held in Savannah and Tybee Island. I can send you link if you wish?