Spyder Garage

Default F3 mods: thanks spyderjim, guzzy, BeRight !

.Just wanted to show y'all my new kitchen living room and bedroom, which are now in the aft quarters of the F3. Bathroom remains in the Bow. Open lid , one leg over, have a seat. You get the idea......I was only allowed to post 5 pictures, but since the basic set-up is identical, i.e. use of the givi wingrack etc, its realy not necessary. I just wanted to thank the guy before me who figured the basics out. I believe I used other holes in the rack then some of the other mods, because I had to fiddle my way around the signal lights, where there is no modification possible due to german R's and R's. Generally I used hex M8 x various lenghts, the brackets I had laying around. They have a 6mm slot, which I opened at the appropriate spots with a Dremel to 8mm. For the topcase, I used 3mmx25mmx500mm Aluminum stock, plenty stiff. Again only M8 was used. AND YES, I DID PUT A RADIUS AT THE END.The angle of the bracket brings the topcase-plate above the taillights, and has only 30 mm
    overhang beyond the max lenght of the vehicule, which is the licence plate light.
    I ride mostly 2 up, and the seat position was also not impacted. Everybody is happy.
    Regards from beerland, Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default TWICE

WHY DID YOU POST THE SAME PICTURE TWICE.....?
    VERY NICE SET OF LUGGAGE...
    NOW, FOR FUTURE PROJECTS... DO SOME FLOOR BORDZ.....

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations..!!

well done. Great looking set up... your ready to hit the road..where to..??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Excellent job - cleaner mounting than mine
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Default NEED HELP!!!

I have been thinking about adding Givi side cases. Since i am about to load my frunk with an amp and woofer, i definitely need them. I had heard that Guzzi had a complete installation tutorial on here but I can't seem to find him/her on here. Can you please tell me what wingrack you used and what model cases you used. How did you get yours to sit lower than BeRight's?

Quote Originally Posted by hsteil View Post
    .Just wanted to show y'all my new kitchen living room and bedroom, which are now in the aft quarters of the F3. Bathroom remains in the Bow. Open lid , one leg over, have a seat. You get the idea......I was only allowed to post 5 pictures, but since the basic set-up is identical, i.e. use of the givi wingrack etc, its realy not necessary. I just wanted to thank the guy before me who figured the basics out. I believe I used other holes in the rack then some of the other mods, because I had to fiddle my way around the signal lights, where there is no modification possible due to german R's and R's. Generally I used hex M8 x various lenghts, the brackets I had laying around. They have a 6mm slot, which I opened at the appropriate spots with a Dremel to 8mm. For the topcase, I used 3mmx25mmx500mm Aluminum stock, plenty stiff. Again only M8 was used. AND YES, I DID PUT A RADIUS AT THE END.The angle of the bracket brings the topcase-plate above the taillights, and has only 30 mm
    overhang beyond the max lenght of the vehicule, which is the licence plate light.
    I ride mostly 2 up, and the seat position was also not impacted. Everybody is happy.
    Regards from beerland, Pete

Spyder Garage

Default Guzzi installation F3

Quote Originally Posted by WIDOWSSON View Post
    I have been thinking about adding Givi side cases. Since i am about to load my frunk with an amp and woofer, i definitely need them. I had heard that Guzzi had a complete installation tutorial on here but I can't seem to find him/her on here. Can you please tell me what wingrack you used and what model cases you used. How did you get yours to sit lower than BeRight's?
    First, I Was given the 'roadmap' to the basics by Steve (BeRight) punched in 'Wingrack" in the box in the top toolbar, right side, and, voila...whether there is a specific instruction I can not tell you. I used the Wingrack II N140 ( same as the other fellows I believe, and the Givi E 41 N, same as Steve . Am not sure if my cases are sitting lower than Steve's, just looking at the picture. I think we all used either the front M8 or the rear one of the sissy bar as a starting/load bearing point. BUT, there are a few holes in the rack to choose from. And for me, I had to mount it in a way that
    a) nothing interferred with the signal lights AND the taillights, b) it is far enough away from the silencer ( cases are made of a thermoplast!), c) my co-pilot had enough legroom and d) bracket for the topcase would sit in a way that the topcase would sit above the taillights. hope that helps.
    Peter

Spyder Garage

Default THANKS

THANKS

First, I Was given the 'roadmap' to the basics by Steve (BeRight) punched in 'Wingrack" in the box in the top toolbar, right side, and, voila...whether there is a specific instruction I can not tell you. I used the Wingrack II N140 ( same as the other fellows I believe, and the Givi E 41 N, same as Steve . Am not sure if my cases are sitting lower than Steve's, just looking at the picture. I think we all used either the front M8 or the rear one of the sissy bar as a starting/load bearing point. BUT, there are a few holes in the rack to choose from. And for me, I had to mount it in a way that
    a) nothing interferred with the signal lights AND the taillights, b) it is far enough away from the silencer ( cases are made of a thermoplast!), c) my co-pilot had enough legroom and d) bracket for the topcase would sit in a way that the topcase would sit above the taillights. hope that helps.
    Peter

Spyder Garage

Default because...

because I am stupid , thats why !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    WHY DID YOU POST THE SAME PICTURE TWICE.....?
    VERY NICE SET OF LUGGAGE...
    NOW, FOR FUTURE PROJECTS... DO SOME FLOOR BORDZ....

Spyder Garage

Default ANOTHER NEWB QUESTION

WHAT IF YOU JUST WANTED TO MOUNT THE SIDE BAGS, IS THERE A RACK JUST FOR THE SIDE ARE THEY ALL COME WITH THE SIDE AND TOP MOUNTS?

Peter

Spyder Garage

The wingrack II was originally made for a few specific bikes, thats why the holes dont fit. But nobody forces you to put a topcase on it, however, the mounting plate comes with it, so does a set of signallights. you can figure it out, aint hard..
    WHAT IF YOU JUST WANTED TO MOUNT THE SIDE BAGS, IS THERE A RACK JUST FOR THE SIDE ARE THEY ALL COME WITH THE SIDE AND TOP MOUNTS?

Spyder Garage

Hi,
    Yes, the Givi N151 Wingrack for Givi E41N side bags only.
    http://www.amotostuff.com/product/N151.html
    Chad (owner) is only 10 minutes away from Givi Carson City, Nv wharehouse.
    He also carries Givi E41N (Satin small cover) side bags.
    http://www.amotostuff.com/product/E41N.html

You need 4 each longer 8m x 50mm sunken head hex bolts to mount Givi Wingrack on outside of passenger hand hold mounts.
    Mount rear hand hold bolt to Wingrack in 2nd hole from rear, then add Aluminum or metal flatbar extension to connect front Wingrack bolt hole to front hand hold bolt.
    You need a metal or Aluminum 1 1/2" wide x 2 1/2" long x 1/8" thick flatbar extension for front Givi Wingrack mount, 5/16" holes drilled at 1 1/2" apart; 2 each 8m x 30mm bolts/nylock nuts.
    Also need a 1" wide spacer 5/16" hole for rear bolt & a 1/2" spacer for front bolt so Givi sidebags will latch without hitting hand holds.
    Very nice job on your new F3S mods!!
    Enjoy.
    Jim
    Last edited by spyderyderjim; 08-13-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default THANKS AND THANKS

THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT.

THANKS FOR THE TUTORIAL. AS WE SPEAK I AM ATTEMPTING TO ORDER THE NECESSARY ITEMS.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderyderjim View Post
    Hi,
    Yes, the Givi N151 Wingrack for Givi E41N side bags only.
    http://www.amotostuff.com/product/N151.html
    Chad (owner) is only 10 minutes away from Givi Carson City, Nv wharehouse.
    He also carries Givi E41N (Satin small cover) side bags.
    http://www.amotostuff.com/product/E41N.html

You need 4 each longer 8mm sunken head hex bolts to mount Givi Wingrack on outside of passenger hand hold mounts.
    Mount rear hand hold bolt to Wingrack rear hole, then add Aluminum or metal flatbar extension to connect front Wingrack bolt hole to front hand hold bolt.
    You need a metal or Aluminum 1 1/2" wide x 2 1/2" long x 1/8" thick flatbar extension for front Givi Wingrack mount, 5/16" holes drilled at 1 1/2" apart.
    Very nice job on your new F3S mods!!
    Enjoy.
    Jim