Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thank you Jack and Pam! I know Sierra Vista can be kind of a long haul from the Phoenix area (3 hours or so) but we do have great technicians one who has been with us for close to 30 years, another who is a Spyder fanatic, BRP certified and been with us for over 8 years. Our labor rate is $76.00 an hour (I'd assume much cheaper than any Phoenix/Tucson shop), and we do our best to make sure that our time billed is not some inflated garbage. We truly want to be the place to go for Spyder sales, parts, accessories, and service in AZ, and look forward to growing with this brand!

If you do come done please make sure you say hi and let me know if there is anything I can do to help you or make your experience with us better!

Thanks again,

David Levitt
    Sierra Cycles
    General Manager

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SierraCycles View Post
    Thank you Jack and Pam! I know Sierra Vista can be kind of a long haul from the Phoenix area (3 hours or so) but we do have great technicians one who has been with us for close to 30 years, another who is a Spyder fanatic, BRP certified and been with us for over 8 years. Our labor rate is $76.00 an hour (I'd assume much cheaper than any Phoenix/Tucson shop), and we do our best to make sure that our time billed is not some inflated garbage. We truly want to be the place to go for Spyder sales, parts, accessories, and service in AZ, and look forward to growing with this brand!

If you do come done please make sure you say hi and let me know if there is anything I can do to help you or make your experience with us better!

Thanks again,

David Levitt
    Sierra Cycles
    General Manager

Hi David,
    Would you be willing to offer any form of Discount / Sponsorship for our chapter???

Thank You,

Bob Rainey - President
    Spyder Ryders of America™ - Superstitions Chapter
    Bob Rainey
    President
    Spyder Ryder of America™ - Superstitions Chapter
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/407139082812072/
    -----------------------------------------------------------

2011 White RT Limited

Tri-Axis Handebars, HIDs, LEDs, ALOT of Ram Mounts, Custom Receiver Trailer Hitch, UPGRADED HF Tag A-Long Trailer
    UPCOMING Mods ==> MORE LEDs, Belt Tensioner, CAT Bypass, UPGRADED Sway Bar & Links, Ultimate Seat?

Spyder Garage

Thanks again,

David Levitt
    Sierra Cycles
    General Manager
    David

I called you guys back in April or May when I was shopping for a Spyder. Whoever it was that I talked to (maybe you?) was very polite. I was extremely impressed with the way my phone call was handled. Unfortunately, you didn't have what I was looking for in stock. I will definately come visit you when I'm down that way. Your store is 155 miles from my house, compared to 140 miles the other direction to Star Island where I purchased my Spyder.

I won't have anything to do with either of the Valley Spyder dealers, unless it's an absolute necessity!

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Thanks again,

David Levitt
    Sierra Cycles
    General Manager

RideNow Peoria's Labor Is $100.00 per hour

They had my Spyder for ( 3 ) weeks
    1) They checked a " check engine / check transmission " code, could not find anything at a cost of $127.00?
    2) Did a software upgrade
    3) Replaced the waterpump under extended warr ( $50.00 deductable )

THREE WEEKS!!!, I used to be a Automotive Store Manager for Sears
    If it took me ( 3 ) weeks to do something like that I would NEVER have had any customers come back to me
    Last edited by robr32; 08-10-2015 at 05:46 PM.
    Bob Rainey
    President

2011 White RT Limited

Tri-Axis Handebars, HIDs, LEDs, ALOT of Ram Mounts, Custom Receiver Trailer Hitch, UPGRADED HF Tag A-Long Trailer
    UPCOMING Mods ==> MORE LEDs, Belt Tensioner, CAT Bypass, UPGRADED Sway Bar & Links, Ultimate Seat?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robr32 View Post
    Apache Motorsports is even worse. They bill four hours for a 45 minute job.

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

I say we adopt Sierra Cycles and Star Island Motorsports as our preferred dealers for the Superstitions Chapter of the SRA

Pam

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    I say we adopt Sierra Cycles and Star Island Motorsports as our preferred dealers for the Superstitions Chapter of the SRA

Pam

It is done..

I will drive for Quality service...
    Bob Rainey
    President

2011 White RT Limited

Spyder Garage

3) Replaced the waterpump under extended warr ( $50.00 deductable )
    Interesting. That seems to be a favorite of theirs as they replaced mine, even though my bike had no apparent leakage or missing coolant until it got to their facility. I was fortunate, no deductible.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Now that is a great idea.
    Thanks Dwayne and thanks again for letting me use your garage to do my oil change.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As a NewB to the Spyder family, I often privately wonder where will I take my '15 RTL for service. I never faced this issue in my H-D and GL1800 days because of having multiple local dealers to choose from. For my RTL this is not the case. I will have to travel 1-3 hours. The question I have is: Why doesn't BRP make easily available to their Spyder owners meanigful data on their service departments on a per state basis????? I would think providing this data up front would reduce the number of complaints they receive about incompetent and expensive service. It's been already discussed here on SLs that current color coded dealer map is useless because it's too multifactorial in nature.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    As a NewB to the Spyder family, I often privately wonder where will I take my '15 RTL for service. I never faced this issue in my H-D and GL1800 days because of having multiple local dealers to choose from. For my RTL this is not the case. I will have to travel 1-3 hours. The question I have is: Why doesn't BRP make easily available to their Spyder owners meanigful data on their service departments on a per state basis????? I would think providing this data up front would reduce the number of complaints they receive about incompetent and expensive service. It's been already discussed here on SLs that current color coded dealer map is useless because it's too multifactorial in nature.
    BRP needs to be informed about shady or incompetent service departments. But as far as I know, they do not have such a channel for customer feedback.

Pam

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

Hi David,
    Would you be willing to offer any form of Discount / Sponsorship for our chapter???

Thank You,

Bob Rainey - President
    Spyder Ryders of America™ - Superstitions Chapter
    Bob,

Absolutely! Please call me (520)459-2589 and we can discuss options... Just a FYI. we have a in house rewards program, its absolutely free to sign up and you get 10% of any purchase (parts, accessories, and labor) put on a reloadable gift card for future purchases. Plus there are perks for buying a bike, referring a friend, etc.. But the biggest benefit is once a year (December) we close early and open up around 6 with killer deals and each employee makes homemade dishes (our family likes to eat ~ and cook)
    Last edited by SierraCycles; 08-10-2015 at 06:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post

Pam
    I think that's a GREAT idea

Spyder Garage

Bob,

Absolutely! Please call me (520)459-2589 and we can discuss options... Just a FYI. we have a in house rewards program, its absolutely free to sign up and you get 10% of any purchase (parts, accessories, and labor) put on a reloadable gift card for future purchases. Plus there are perks for buying a bike, referring a friend, etc.. But the biggest benefit is once a year (December) we close early and open up around 6 with killer deals and each employee makes homemade dishes (our family likes to eat ~ and cook)
    Oh I wish I'd known about you a few months ago when buying my spyder! But I will be in contact soon to discuss my 3k service and other things. Great attitude with your post, and if your service abilities match it is worth the drive.
    Rawhide Kid
    2014 Spyder RT Limited. Cognac
    Goodyear, AZ

Spyder Garage

Bob,

Too bad you didn't have any RT-S in stock when I called back in April or May. I would have purchased from you.

Pam

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZF3S View Post
    I'm beginning to think the dealer that sold me my F3 is either dishonest, inept or both. Anyone using a dealer in the valley that you're comfortable with? My dealer is SlideNow by the way.
    I really don't trust any of the RideNows in Phx and I have dealt with 3 of them. I highly recommend VistaCycles in Siera Vista @ VistaCycles.com. A no nonsense Family Business. They treat you like family, no hidden costs, and they do good work. It's well worth the ride. Traded my 2013 RT for a F3S three weeks ago and the ride back was way better than the ride down . Good Luck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    I really don't trust any of the RideNows in Phx and I have dealt with 3 of them. I highly recommend VistaCycles in Siera Vista @ VistaCycles.com. A no nonsense Family Business. They treat you like family, no hidden costs, and they do good work. It's well worth the ride. Traded my 2013 RT for a F3S three weeks ago and the ride back was way better than the ride down . Good Luck
    Indeed! We have raved about Sierra extensively in the previous posts.

Pam

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

Bob,

NICE

I will be in contact soon once the chapter start-up calms down

Feel free to join our Meetup site, we will also have a Facebook page setup for us by the National Chapter

http://www.meetup.com/Spyder-Ryder-o...tions-Chapter/

Thanks Much,

Bob..
    Last edited by robr32; 08-11-2015 at 05:49 PM.
    Bob Rainey
    President

2011 White RT Limited

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm headed down to RideNow shortly. Had them install extended brake rod for "u-fit" and install the Blue Ridge windshield I'd ordered, neither of these parts were in stock (huh?). The installation was delayed for hours as they claimed the windshield was missing a screw. They were searching for one but said they ended up taking the screw from another windshield. When I was looking a the mounting the other day, I pulled slightly on the side of the windshield to get an idea of how rigid the mount was. The mount came lose....liked popped out of it's socket. Checked the other side.....same thing. My buddy in MN said something is amiss as his if firmly mounted.

I'll ask the service manager to explain how its mounted and then show him how it pops out. Get ready.....I'm sure I'll have another RideNow Mother Goose story later.

Spyder Garage

I'm headed down to RideNow shortly. Had them install extended brake rod for "u-fit" and install the Blue Ridge windshield I'd ordered, neither of these parts were in stock (huh?). The installation was delayed for hours as they claimed the windshield was missing a screw. They were searching for one but said they ended up taking the screw from another windshield. When I was looking a the mounting the other day, I pulled slightly on the side of the windshield to get an idea of how rigid the mount was. The mount came lose....liked popped out of it's socket. Checked the other side.....same thing. My buddy in MN said something is amiss as his if firmly mounted.

I'll ask the service manager to explain how its mounted and then show him how it pops out. Get ready.....I'm sure I'll have another RideNow Mother Goose story later.

Good Luck My Friend, I will Be Waiting To Hear How It Went
    Bob Rainey
    President

2011 White RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I wouldn't even have to wait.........I can almost tell you how this is going to come out........

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Free size XXXL neon RideNow shirt?
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yes all.....the circus is still open.

Drove around back to Service Dept, which was just closing. 6 PM even though their website says 7. Service guy saw me walk up (he was involved with my installation). He unlocked the door and I asked if he'd quickly look at my Spyder. I asked him, "How is this windshield supposed to be mounted on the side brackets?". He looked at it and said, "Well, the side attachments just rest on the mounting bracket."

So now I realize he's flying by the seat of his pants and trying to do the CYA with BS.

I asked if we could go look at the black F3 on the showroom floor that also had the Blue Ridge windshield installed.....just to verify the attachment was the same. It was mounted hard as a rock and told him to check with his "tech" that installed my windshield and call me today and let me know how they will resolve.

I'm just glad these guys don't do maintenance work on 747's.

Spyder Garage

Yes all.....the circus is still open.

Drove around back to Service Dept, which was just closing. 6 PM even though their website says 7. Service guy saw me walk up (he was involved with my installation). He unlocked the door and I asked if he'd quickly look at my Spyder. I asked him, "How is this windshield supposed to be mounted on the side brackets?". He looked at it and said, "Well, the side attachments just rest on the mounting bracket."

So now I realize he's flying by the seat of his pants and trying to do the CYA with BS.

I asked if we could go look at the black F3 on the showroom floor that also had the Blue Ridge windshield installed.....just to verify the attachment was the same. It was mounted hard as a rock and told him to check with his "tech" that installed my windshield and call me today and let me know how they will resolve.

I'm just glad these guys don't do maintenance work on 747's.
    Ride Now strikes again!

In addition to posting your experience on here, you should also post on Yelp and other review sites. Ride Now already has a passel of bad reviews, but the public needs to be constantly made aware of how evil and incompetent this place is.

Pam

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hadn't heard from the geniuses at 11:30 so I called the Service Dept. "We've been really swamped and haven't had a chance to check into it. Let me check with the tech and call you back in 30 minutes". That was an hour ago.