Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZF3S View Post
    Hadn't heard from the geniuses at 11:30 so I called the Service Dept. "We've been really swamped and haven't had a chance to check into it. Let me check with the tech and call you back in 30 minutes". That was an hour ago.
    My God, these guys REALLY have no clue what CUSTOMER SERVICE is

BTW, is this RideNow Peoria??
    Last edited by robr32; 08-12-2015 at 02:50 PM.
    Bob Rainey
    President
    Spyder Ryder of America™ - Superstitions Chapter
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/407139082812072/
    -----------------------------------------------------------

2011 White RT Limited

Tri-Axis Handebars, HIDs, LEDs, ALOT of Ram Mounts, Custom Receiver Trailer Hitch, UPGRADED HF Tag A-Long Trailer
    UPCOMING Mods ==> MORE LEDs, Belt Tensioner, CAT Bypass, UPGRADED Sway Bar & Links, Ultimate Seat?

Spyder Garage

The shop may not be swamped vs low staff count. It's hard to get people to want that scene, often just minimum wage...nothing like what MMI commercials hype. Fun for a while for most, but they move on. Same pay in a clean, air conditioned enviroment some where else is a big mental pay raise. It's chaotic in most of those back shops, not tv show garages, usually looks more like a scene from twister.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It's now almost 2 so I called back. My service tech is now on lunch......hope he doesn't have a family emergency too.

Spyder Garage

It's now almost 2 so I called back. My service tech is now on lunch......hope he doesn't have a family emergency too.
    My service tech had a family emergency at RideNow Peoria, cost me a trip down there to pickup my Spyder which I was told was ready only to get there and be told " No, sorry it is in fact NOT READY...the tech had a family emergency so he could not work on it today "
    One solid week later I FINALLY got to pick it up

No discount or anything for my inconvenience

NEVER AGAIN
    Bob Rainey
    President
    Spyder Ryder of America™ - Superstitions Chapter
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/407139082812072/
    -----------------------------------------------------------

2011 White RT Limited

Tri-Axis Handebars, HIDs, LEDs, ALOT of Ram Mounts, Custom Receiver Trailer Hitch, UPGRADED HF Tag A-Long Trailer
    UPCOMING Mods ==> MORE LEDs, Belt Tensioner, CAT Bypass, UPGRADED Sway Bar & Links, Ultimate Seat?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ok, so I had a Dr appt yesterday afternoon and stopped by on my way home as the service guy hadn't called. When he came out, he apologized yet again and asked for the key. I told him I didn't bring it but stopped to find out when they'd fix it. He said the tech needed to look at mine and compare the mounting to the one on the show room floor. WTH???? He needs to look at a correct one to see what's wrong? How do these guys ever stay in business.

I'm calling this morning and making an appt for them to fix this Saturday.....I mean, how long can it take, right? Probably get it back in November.

Spyder Garage

Don't know if anyone is aware of this, but Ride Now is owned by Coulter Cadillac Family. Bill Nash is the CEO of the motorsports division. He is no gem. I know him and my wife has done business with him. He married one of the Coulter daughters. Get the picture?

They own 36 plus motorsports dealerships plus numerous car dealerships and many Harley dealerships.

Most techs/mechanics are not factory certified on anything. One factory certified tech/mech oversee's the rest of the guys in the shop that they hired off the street. You can pretty much figure out the rest.

If you are going to them to get service ask who the tech/mech will be doing the work on your Spyder. Make sure he is factory certified on the Spyder and ask to see his/her factory certificate. This is what I have done. This is the only way I would do it.

There overall "dog and pony" show they put there sales and management people through is notorious for producing some of the worst. Most of the sales people are very young kids with metal face jewelry and lots of tattoos. When entering you will be greeted by "whats up boss" or "whats up dude" or something similar. I do not like that. With that many dealerships and company module you can hardly expect anything from them on a company level. Most of the bad things we hear about them is generated at the top level management. The only way they stay in business is that they are a monopoly here in the SW. We have very few other choices other than to deal with there dishonest store general managers, sales managers and service managers.

I have found a very good service writer and certified tech that are the only people I will work with and no one else touches my Spyder. This has worked great so far except the few times I had to deal with the dishonest sales manager and the dishonest store general manager. This is prevalent throughout there entire system. Ask anyone who has dealt with them. I see here I am not the only one. You have to seek out the few good people they do have working for them and deal with no one else.

Shop rates are $110-120 with a certified trained mech. or a non certified kid they hired off the street for $20 an hour.

Jack

All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Don't know if anyone is aware of this, but Ride Now is owned by Coulter Cadillac Family. Bill Nash is the CEO of the motorsports division. He is no gem. I know him and my wife has done business with him. He married one of the Coulter daughters. Get the picture?

They own 36 plus motorsports dealerships plus numerous car dealerships and many Harley dealerships.

Most techs/mechanics are not factory certified on anything. One factory certified tech/mech oversee's the rest of the guys in the shop that they hired off the street. You can pretty much figure out the rest.

If you are going to them to get service ask who the tech/mech will be doing the work on your Spyder. Make sure he is factory certified on the Spyder and ask to see his/her factory certificate. This is what I have done. This is the only way I would do it.

There overall "dog and pony" show they put there sales and management people through is notorious for producing some of the worst. Most of the sales people are very young kids with metal face jewelry and lots of tattoos. When entering you will be greeted by "whats up boss" or "whats up dude" or something similar. I do not like that. With that many dealerships and company module you can hardly expect anything from them on a company level. Most of the bad things we hear about them is generated at the top level management. The only way they stay in business is that they are a monopoly here in the SW. We have very few other choices other than to deal with there dishonest store general managers, sales managers and service managers.

I have found a very good service writer and certified tech that are the only people I will work with and no one else touches my Spyder. This has worked great so far except the few times I had to deal with the dishonest sales manager and the dishonest store general manager. This is prevalent throughout there entire system. Ask anyone who has dealt with them. I see here I am not the only one. You have to seek out the few good people they do have working for them and deal with no one else.

Shop rates are $110-120 with a certified trained mech. or a non certified kid they hired off the street for $20 an hour.

Jack

Jack, you hit the nail on the head. I had a classic experience with Ride Now Chandler, and their deceitful, greedy, and underhanded sales tactics. I ran out of that showroom as fast as I could. The only other Spyder dealer in the Valley, Apache Motorsports, was just as bad. It's a shame that I had reach out to a dealer 140 miles away to get treated properly.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great info Jack...I will be asking some questions when I bring it in.

Spyder Garage

A very interesting thread indeed. Glad I am not planning on purchasing a vehicle in that locale. Its dicey here also, but I do have one dealer that I work with and they work with me when it comes to . All the car dealerships here like to "play the game" and it pays to know all the tricks in advance.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Yep, have delt with Ride Now in Chandler and Apache as well. Another reason to do all the maintenance I can myself. Sounds like I might have to start tiding town to Sierra Vista. Thats a good 187 mile one way trip from my place.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Yep, have delt with Ride Now in Chandler and Apache as well. Another reason to do all the maintenance I can myself. Sounds like I might have to start tiding town to Sierra Vista. Thats a good 187 mile one way trip from my place.

......Or north to Prescott Valley. Star Island is an excellent dealership as well.

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    ......Or north to Prescott Valley. Star Island is an excellent dealership as well.
    I have family down in Sierra Vista and are usually riding down there every couple months. But Prescott is a nicer ride though. I do like eating at the Prescott Brewing Company for lunch. Especially the candy shop upstairs.

2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

A similar thread is running in one of the other forums on here, reminded me of when Ride Now let their BUDS membership lapse. Had to wait a week(to be safe), I think it was nearly 2 though...No BUDS, No Glory.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

When I dropped off the F3 for the windshield fix, I asked the service guy if he'd seen the reviews online for RideNow. I told him it would be nice to turn those opinions around.

The F3 was fixed in no time. The tech had never installed the Blue Ridge and failed to notice the kit was missing rubber grommets. They took some out of another kit (someone else will be shorted I'm guessing) and my Spyder was ready in record time, all fluids checked, cleaned up and even topped off the gas (1/2 tank) for my trouble.

So, although I am still discouraged, they appeared to try to maintain the relationship.

Spyder Garage

When I dropped off the F3 for the windshield fix, I asked the service guy if he'd seen the reviews online for RideNow. I told him it would be nice to turn those opinions around.

The F3 was fixed in no time. The tech had never installed the Blue Ridge and failed to notice the kit was missing rubber grommets. They took some out of another kit (someone else will be shorted I'm guessing) and my Spyder was ready in record time, all fluids checked, cleaned up and even topped off the gas (1/2 tank) for my trouble.

So, although I am still discouraged, they appeared to try to maintain the relationship.
    I'm glad you got it resolved. I often wonder if anyone at Ride Now at any level in the company bothers to read their nasty reviews, or even cares.

Pam

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hell of a good question Pam. Since I work in aerospace quality, i can tell you we take our customers opinions very seriously. As they say, there are 2 rules to customer satisfaction:

1. The customer is always right.
    2. When the customer is wrong, refer to Rule #1.

Spyder Garage

Default F'n IDIOTS

WHAT IS IT WITH THESE F'n IDIOT DEALERS THAT TREAT THEIR CUSTOMER LIKE CRAP.....?
    DON'T THEY REALIZE THAT WE HAVE THIS 'SOUNDING BOARD' AND THAT WORD-OF-MOUTH CAN KILL THEIR BUSINESS.....????????

i could only wish that all CAN AM dealers were like mine:
    POWERSPORTS of GREENVILLE (SC)..... ya, they may have some issues from time-2-time, but for the most part, these people are up-front and honest....

DANG, i hate to hear stuff like this.....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    WHAT IS IT WITH THESE F'n IDIOT DEALERS THAT TREAT THEIR CUSTOMER LIKE CRAP.....?
    DON'T THEY REALIZE THAT WE HAVE THIS 'SOUNDING BOARD' AND THAT WORD-OF-MOUTH CAN KILL THEIR BUSINESS.....????????

i could only wish that all CAN AM dealers were like mine:
    POWERSPORTS of GREENVILLE (SC)..... ya, they may have some issues from time-2-time, but for the most part, these people are up-front and honest....

DANG, i hate to hear stuff like this.....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S
    Ride Now is a large national company with a huge hord of haters and unsatisfied customers. I am amazed that they continue in business with the amount of bad reviews they get. But they just keep on going somehow.

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

I remember when RideNow bought many of the local dealerships. I had a Yamaha in the 90's from a good dealer on Cave Creek road that was absorbed by RideNow. Service tanked. Metro Motorsports was never that great but got worse when RN took over, now Peoria RideNow. But, having said that, I've actually had decent service from RN Surprise. I bought my wife's Spyder there, got hosed on that but I've been hosed on every vehicle I've ever bought new in my life. World's worst negotiator. We have had very good service at RN Surprise. I don't do anything myself on the Spyder, so they have done it all, including the 2013 heat panel swap. Rarely had to leave the bike even overnight, usually pick it up same day. I'm still not a big RN fan, they treat their employees like dirt, but the Surprise shop has been decent so far. I have not had any mods done, just regular Spyder services. I live much closer to the Peoria store but prefer the Surprise location.

Spyder Garage

Ride Now is a large national company with a huge hord of haters and unsatisfied customers. I am amazed that they continue in business with the amount of bad reviews they get. But they just keep on going somehow.
    Well, not a lover, but not a hater.
    Got a great price on 14 RT-S; a better price on my trade; the mods I had them do were done correctly; the warranty work I've had done was done correctly; the maintenance seems to have been done correctly; I never needed to wait more then a few hours for any of the work (once they started).

My only complaint is I always schedule at 9AM but they never seem to get to work on it till @ 10AM.

There is only ONE Spyder Tech but he is good. When I had the GPS interface installed, CanAm had not updated the cabling and it was short.
    The tech took the initiative to build an extension to make it work (no cost to me).

I typically can get 15% - 20% off any Spyder Accessory I order.

Only had ONE PROBLEM.
    The first time some Tupperware was removed they did it wrong and broke off one of the plastic "spade" fasteners. They replaced it for Free (I hope so!) and there has never been a problem since. When it hits THEM in the pocket you get their attention.

So overall I need to give their Tech at least a Satisfactory Grade
    Now as for the "Service Writers" - completely Clueless so you do need to know what you want and what you are talking about and make sure all the details are in the Notes of the Repair Order clearly and precisely.

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

I'm glad you got it resolved. I often wonder if anyone at Ride Now at any level in the company bothers to read their nasty reviews, or even cares.

Pam
    They do read them on Facebook Pam. I was contacted by one of their sales people to remove my negative remarks after a horrible and dishonest experiance with them. They offered me a food voucher at a local cheesie restaurant. I told them I was on a diet and refused.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Qiute simple Pam. They continue because they have a monopoly on Can Am, Harley and Car dealerships. We are talking a huge corporate conglomerate here and around the country. They are in bed with BRP and BRP is not about to ruffle their feathers because they sell more BRP products than any other company it the USA.

Jack
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

NO WAAAAAY? Sir, if you remove your comment, we will send you a box of macaroni and cheese.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Saw an F3 yesterday...charcoal or black, on Waddell, heading to Walmart. Anyone from here?