Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 Saddlesore 1000

Left Tuesday evening 6:30Pm on my F3 accompanied by RT Spyder Owner Doug Chasick. We rode straight through the night and completed 1065 miles in 16.25 hours with average speed of 65.54 mph, qualifying for the Saddlesore 1000 certificate from the Iron Butt Association (1000 miles in 24 hrs). We pushed this hard since we were rehearsing for our Bun Burner Gold ride which is 1500 miles in 24 hrs. I have the Madstad windshield, driver backrest and stock seat (used a air hawk for 170miles and then decided stock seat was more comfortable.) I have completely assured myself that the F3 is good for long distances and we plan to ride the SS2000 (2000 miles in 48 hours) on Sept 2/3 before we do the Bun Burner Gold The F3S is much more comfortable for long distance ryding than I ever imagined when I purchased it.
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    Left Tuesday evening 6:30Pm on my F3 accompanied by RT Spyder Owner Doug Chasick. We rode straight through the night and completed 1065 miles in 16.25 hours with average speed of 65.54 mph, qualifying for the Saddlesore 1000 certificate from the Iron Butt Association (1000 miles in 24 hrs). We pushed this hard since we were rehearsing for our Bun Burner Gold ride which is 1500 miles in 24 hrs. I have the Madstad windshield, driver backrest and stock seat (used a air hawk for 170miles and then decided stock seat was more comfortable.) I have completely assured myself that the F3 is good for long distances and we plan to ride the SS2000 (2000 miles in 48 hours) on Sept 2/3 before we do the Bun Burner Gold The F3S is much more comfortable for long distance ryding than I ever imagined when I purchased it.
    Welcome to the club

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations..!!

Hope you get to see a bit along the way... sounds like its all a blurr that many miles in so little time. enjoy the ryde cause in your case its all the time and distance..you must have some wall space set aside for the trophies...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    Welcome to the club

Pam
    He is already in that club on his RT. Hal is a Spyder riding maniac.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

welcome to the club... SS1000 is a boot !!

osm

Spyder Garage

Welcome and congrats. my dream challenge is to do the Ultimate Coast to Coast (Deadhorse, AK, to Key West, FL). just need to save up about 5-10K. lol
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    Welcome and congrats. my dream challenge is to do the Ultimate Coast to Coast (Deadhorse, AK, to Key West, FL). just need to save up about 5-10K. lol
    I will do the Jacksonville to San Diego 50CC early next year but all the gravel roads I see in the pictures from the Alaska trip kind of turn me off on that corner to corner route.
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Doing my SS1000 on the 17th with my F3S SM6 with Madstad, back rests, saddlebags, floorboards, and IPhone 6plus mounted for tunes and GPS. First timer but confident in my comfort and group I'm riding with as the only Spyder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blickdave View Post
    Doing my SS1000 on the 17th with my F3S SM6 with Madstad, back rests, saddlebags, floorboards, and IPhone 6plus mounted for tunes and GPS. First timer but confident in my comfort and group I'm riding with as the only Spyder.

Have a Safe and Fun Ryde. I hope we will have enough members someday to be able to have our own Spyder IBA Rally

Spyder Garage

Default 711

my best personal day is 711 miles, and that was on my F3-S....
    a total of 6054 miles in 20 days X-country with a sheepskin on the OEM seat, and i had ZERO issues with the butt or anything else for that matter....
    best wishes on your journeys... i'd love to join in, but i found that 711 to be a bit much for me...
    dp
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear some doing higher mileage trips on the F3. If you can do that on a stock seat, then it assures me It'd be even better with a Corbin.. which is a must have for me.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default I find it irresponsible to others

I never understood the need to do something like this. I find it to be a dangerous and irresponsible activity to do that puts others at risk when you get too tired to ride, but you push yourself through. I have done 15 hours straight years ago and that was too much. 24 or 48 hours is so irresponsible, just to get some certificate or satisfaction. To me this ranks up there with the guys that hotrod on the streets with their sport bikes. When you get too tired you are doing the same thing as someone who drinks and rides, since your reflexes are severely impaired. I have seen too many motorcycle accidents by people doing stupid things to think this activity is cool in any way.

Rant done. Back to your regularly scheduled program......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    I never understood the need to do something like this. I find it to be a dangerous and irresponsible activity to do that puts others at risk when you get too tired to ride, but you push yourself through. I have done 15 hours straight years ago and that was too much. 24 or 48 hours is so irresponsible, just to get some certificate or satisfaction. To me this ranks up there with the guys that hotrod on the streets with their sport bikes. When you get too tired you are doing the same thing as someone who drinks and rides, since your reflexes are severely impaired. I have seen too many motorcycle accidents by people doing stupid things to think this activity is cool in any way.

You do realize that during the '24 hour' ones that most stop and sleep overnight for 8 hours don't you? Ride 8. Sleep 8. Ride 8. That means only 500 miles per 8 hour day of riding... which is nothing.
    Last edited by Firefly; 08-07-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You do realize that during the '24 hour' ones that most stop and sleep overnight for 8 hours don't you? Ride 8. Sleep 8. Ride 8. That means only 500 miles per 8 hour day of riding... which is nothing.
    Well, if that is the case, then you have to ride 62.5mph for 8 hrs straight. Which is impossible to do because of traffic and cities that the interstates go through. When do you stop for gas and when do you eat? Math does not add up. At most they are getting 4-5 hours sleep in 24 hours, or they are driving right through which makes you impaired.
    Anyways, you would get to see nothing because you would have to ride interstates only.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Well

The original poster said they averaged 64mph, so it can be done. You just have to plan the time you are in the cities!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Where did you get that information? That is entirely untrue.

On the saddlesore 1000 you simply have to ride 1,000 miles or more within 24 hours. You have to get gas receipts at the required checkpoints to prove you were there, but there is no requirement to stop for any period of time. I did mine in 17 hours, with only stops for fuel.

Pam
    Last edited by Pampurrs; 08-08-2015 at 10:56 AM.

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

Where did you get that information? That is entirely untrue.

On the saddlesore 1000 you simply have to ride 1,000 miles or more within 24 hours. You have to get gas receipts at the required checkpoints to prove you were there, but there is no requirement to stop for any period of time. I did mine in 17 hours, with only stops for fuel.

Pam
    What do you mean 'it's untrue'.???? You certainly CAN stop and sleep during any of the Iron Butt rides and many do. The other poster assumed it was being done in some dangerous way.... But it simply does NOT have to be done as 1,000 miles without a sleep break. As long as its within 34 hours and you properly log it all (receipts, etc.) then you should be fine.

Spyder Garage

Of course you CAN stop if you want. But it's not a requirement as you stated, and it's certainly not advisable. I did the 1,000 miles in 17 hours and that was really pushing it. Had I stopped for an 8 hour nap as you say is required, I wouldn't have made it.
    I'd like you to show me where in the IBA rules it says you are required to stop for 8 hours.

Pam

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

What I can't believe is someone would take the time to post this!!! What are you??? The road / anti fun Nazi?? To each his own... Seriously,,, chill out!!

Spyder Garage

It's a fun an challenging event. Some of us love a challenge, and others simply want to go on with their everyday lives. Those of us who have had the guts to do it have had fun, and have ridden safely. There is not one single documented case of a mishap due to someone performing a IBA event.

Enjoy your ride, whatever you do.

Pam
    Last edited by Pampurrs; 08-08-2015 at 08:20 PM.

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

Of course you CAN stop if you want. But it's not a requirement as you stated, and it's certainly not advisable. I did the 1,000 miles in 17 hours and that was really pushing it. Had I stopped for an 8 hour nap as you say is required, I wouldn't have made it.
    I'd like you to show me where in the IBA rules it says you are required to stop for 8 hours.

Pam

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    I NEVER said it was required! I merely said that MANY will do it that way... At least the smart ones.

Geesh.... Stop misquoted me and chill out.

Spyder Garage

I NEVER said it was required! I merely said that MANY will do it that way... At least the smart ones.

Geesh.... Stop misquoted me and chill out.

Really? I misquoting you? Here is what you said, verbatim:

"You do realize that during the '24 hour' ones that most stop and sleep overnight for 8 hours don't you? Ride 8. Sleep 8. Ride 8. That means only 500 miles per 8 hour day of riding... which is nothing."

You should not be disseminating information without first checking your facts.

The fact is that those of use who have completed the 1,000 mile saddle sore ride have done so without stopping for a "Nap". When you only have 24 hours to complete this 1,000 mile challenge, stopping for a rest is not a viable option. Again, I don't know where you get your data that leads you to an absurd statement such as, "........ MANY will do it that way... At least the smart ones".

I'm totally chilled out. I just don't want people to get the wrong information.

Pam

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

The Facts are that Pilots have to Have a Certain amount of Rest/Down Time for the Safety of their passengers and I will leave the rest to your imagination of someone trying to ride 24 hours without sleeping and the # of people that were killed when that person selfishly endangers their lives on the road?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default You can breathe easy until 2017, bscrive . . .

Well, if that is the case, then you have to ride 62.5mph for 8 hrs straight. Which is impossible to do because of traffic and cities that the interstates go through. When do you stop for gas and when do you eat? Math does not add up. At most they are getting 4-5 hours sleep in 24 hours, or they are driving right through which makes you impaired.
    Anyways, you would get to see nothing because you would have to ride interstates only.
    Hi - I'm the Doug Chasick who rode with BikerDoc and just wanted to assure you that since I live in FL, and prefer riding East to West to East, you won't have to worry about me running into you (no pun intended) until 2017, when I plan to attend the Owner's Event which is rumored to happen in Valcourt.

Oh, and the ride from Naples to Ft. Lauderdale on Alligator Alley at sunrise was one of the most gorgeous 90 minutes I've experienced in almost 50 years of motorcycling - even at 65 +/- mph . . .

BuddhaRyder
    IBA Premier #60956
    Silver MileEater