Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    There is almost nothing to be concerned about. The rear will slide a bit, but I don't think there is any way,short of driving off a cliff, that you can flip the bike over. Now I have had the front wheels off the ground, but but not for long yo will feel the nanny grab the baike and slow it down, and down comes that wheel. Pretty cool!
    My wife was driving and took an off-camber corner a little too hard at about 20mph. I was on the pillion.

We tipped over so far that when I put my foot out to bring us back I could easily touch the ground from the pillion seat. Had I not done so we would have been over.

It seems that two-up, and in a higher gear than normal, over-rides the stability control input, or at least confuses it. It is very easy to lift the inside front wheel under these circumstances when driving a little hard - even my wife has done it under my guidance.

We tend to push our RS and "normal" owners are unlikely to find these limits very quickly.

For the original poster the easy way to see what will happen is around sharp, right angle corners at 15 to 20mph. Make sure you are in second gear and apply power no later than half way around. The wheel comes up, you will get a fright and shut off, and the wheel comes down again.

The first time I did it there was a backfire as the stability control cut the engine briefly. Sometimes I can keep the wheel up for 5 or 6 feet or maybe more, at a height of 6" to 12" off the deck.

It's also harder to do it for very long now since the steering position sensor was reset when we had the electronic wheel alignment done. I now tend to get a lot of ignition cutout unless I am in second gear.

Spyder Garage

Default Relax the Butt

Quote Originally Posted by 109spyder View Post
    I'm also knew to the spyder and corner thing, sure is a workout
    I took my wife for an hour ride and she woke up with sore back muscles just from leaning into the corners lol
    Got our Spyder on Saturday and rode it two hours on Sunday. My wife said she was getting a workout leaning into the turns too. She said she had to keep telling herself to relax her butt. Then she enjoyed the ride much better. Practice, practice, practice. We'll get there. Lovin' it big time! My wife drove me to a restaurant 6 miles away on 4 lane divided highway (don't tell anyone). She did great. We have a huge church parking lot with lots of turns and straightaways to practice. I'm not sure she's going to let me drive any more! I might have to follow on my two wheeler. Or get another Spyder.