Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New Problem with RT Limited, no help in manual, PLEASE HELP ME

Well, after all these years of trouble free RT spyders (12 Limited, 13 Basic, 14 RT-S, and now a 15 RT Limited) i finally run into a problem that has not been discussed on this forum, let me explain

1 got dressed and walked out to my Spyder, turned the key on and waited for the computer to do it's thing, 12 seconds or so later it says "before operating read safety message then press mode button"

Now i intend to stay within my warranty guidelines and don't want to get in trouble so................. i reach up for the safety card and it is stuck, it will not come out.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?????????????????? PLEASE HELP.

so embarrassed by this situation that i won't even sign my name so you won't know who this is

Anonymous
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

dear Anonymous

make sure you read all the sub titles and in between the lines b4 you ask questions

NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    dear Anonymous

make sure you read all the sub titles and in between the lines b4 you ask questions

Thank you so much for that very helpful information, do you think i should call for a tow truck or just buy a new battery cable??
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Good one..!!

hope all your problems are as complicated as this one...you really want to fix this or just ryde on without the wisdom printed on the card..?? You been doing good so far.. I do use mine to shade the cluster in the hot sun (hoping the print will fade away so it will reflect better)....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

i never thought of that, could be a loose battery cable
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Carefully squirt some WD40 into all the open orifices and wait four hours. If things don't loosen up you may have to return to your dealer.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Anonymous,
    Be thankful that the 2016s are being announced in only seven weeks...
    It's time for you to order a new bike!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Well now, this post looks familiar, hmm, like I've seen it before. Yes I have, pretty much word for word. Hate to tell you this my anonymous friend but loks like dementia. Just pointing that out so you can get some help before you aquire the '16 RT basic (seems to be a pattern here with the aquisition of Spyders, probably another undiagnosed problem).
    Dan

2014 RT-S SE6, 2012 RT-622 trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Anonymous,
    Be thankful that the 2016s are being announced in only seven weeks...
    It's time for you to order a new bike!
    Yes, would be guaranteed to be ready for pick up at Spyderfest 2016!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Anonymous,
    Whatever you do: DON'T ride the bike with that card stuck!!
    It's been know to cause the VSS to stick also!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NovaSpyder View Post
    Well now, this post looks familiar, hmm, like I've seen it before. Yes I have, pretty much word for word. Hate to tell you this my anonymous friend but loks like dementia. Just pointing that out so you can get some help before you aquire the '16 RT basic (seems to be a pattern here with the aquisition of Spyders, probably another undiagnosed problem).

It is a cut and paste with a few additions, i had so much fun with the old one i decided to do it again. (Good Catch)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Carefully squirt some WD40 into all the open orifices and wait four hours. If things don't loosen up you may have to return to your dealer.

I hope you are talking about the Spyder's orifices.

Anonymous

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think that he did...

Spyder Garage

dear anonymous, have you been partying with bobby "d"? i think you might have gotten into some of his secret "stuff!"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    dear anonymous, have you been partying with bobby "d"? i think you might have gotten into some of his secret "stuff!"

Spyder Garage

Dear Anon:

I do not usually offer technical mechanical advice, but...

You can bypass that stuck safety card for now...don't read it...just push the mode button when it tells you to pull out the card, and then the starter button. The whole thing will come to life.

However, if you are looking for an excuse to dump the 2015 for the upcoming 2016--looks like you have a legitimate excuse. You will probably like one of the new colors better the current.

Good luck with your solution. Let us know how it works out.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

personally, I think you should file a complaint with NHTSA... this is unacceptable and should warrant an immediate recall... BRP will prob install air scoops and rework the entire engine mapping system to correct this problem...this is a true safety hazard!!!
    Jonny
    Jonny
    2013 Spyder RT Limited
    • TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Light
    • Spyderpops Bumpskid with TricLED LED kit
    • GloRyder Wheel Lights
    • Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    • Corbin Arm Rests
    • TricLED Turn Signals

Spyder Garage

Joe, I mean Anonymous, your biggest problem is always getting a new machine. My God man, find one that works and hold onto it for a while.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

To be fair; this one has lasted almost a full year...

Spyder Garage

Default Stuck safety panel

Could it have been accumulated granite dust?
    2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    2017 Honda Pilot
    2018 Maverick Trail 1000 DPS
    2015 RTS SE6 Intense Red Pearl
    2014 35' Keystone Fuzion Impact Toyhauler
    Ultimate Seats passenger backrest, Adjustable wind deflectors, Minitrailer USA trailer, Can Am driver backrest, Corbin passenger armrests, after market hitch, DIY bump skid, LED turn indicaters, cup holders, frunk decal stripes, DIY GPS mount, DIY Gopro dash mount, aux 12v & USB outlets, DIY belt rock shield, BajaRon swaybar, frunk 12v outlet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    To be fair; this one has lasted almost a full year...

They all lasted almost a year , i blame it on Len at Pitbull, every Spyderfest he makes me sit on a new RT while we discuss the new model year. He is devious.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He makes you SIT on them???

I've got the solution: leave your rear-end at home this year!
    He keeps making as Ass of you...

Spyder Garage

Default I've got the fix for that

I'll send you the left handed pipe wrench my blond haired sister was told to buy by my dad at the auto parts store. They doubled the price and sold it to her to get at my dad after their befuddled look disappeared when she VERY seriously asked for it.

I'll never forget the look on my dads face when he asked her if she got it and she said "yes, but was more expensive than the right handed one." And pulled it out of the bag and handed it to him.

That wrench fixes everything. Even negative attitudes as I can attest to from some lumps during my teenage years.
    Rawhide Kid
    2014 Spyder RT Limited. Cognac
    Goodyear, AZ

Spyder Garage

Joe,
    You need to fix that problem asap. If you start your bike to many times without pulling that card out it causes serious problems. I think after 250 starts without pulling out the card nanny throws you curves and won't let you start or drive your bike till the problem gets corrected.
    I think if you get the Spanish over ride module it will also correct the problem.

Spyder Garage

if you had a 10 dollar bill taped to it, i bet you would of gotten it open
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME