Spyder Garage

Default Electronic Frunk Release

A question to people in the know. I have the electronic Frunk Release Kit from Can Am. I have a 2014 RT-S SE6. Will this install on this model? Do you know if the connections for it are on the 2014 models? Would like to know if anyone that has a 2014 RT has done this to theirs and how they did it. I would like to know before I start taking the spyder apart to do this! Thanks
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

I have it already installed on my 2014RTS, but it doesn't work. Haven't had the time to open it up and figure it out. I had put my own "kit" on my 2011 RSS, IMO waste of time, the key works fine.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

On mine (factory installed) the microswitch on the front does not always engage. I keep thinking I need to 3D print a little cap for the striker on the frunk cover to ensure it engages.
    2013 RT , Red

Spyder Garage

I installed mine and it works perfectly
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Try Play Dough

Quote Originally Posted by wd5gnr View Post
    On mine (factory installed) the microswitch on the front does not always engage. I keep thinking I need to 3D print a little cap for the striker on the frunk cover to ensure it engages.
    Put a small amount of Play Dough under the arm of the micro switch and close the frunk cover. This will let you "see" where the post on the cover is striking it . You may be able to use needle nose pliers to gently bend the spring arm to the correct position.