Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

It should; they haven't changed too much thru out all the years!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-28-2024 at 02:03 PM.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    There are a few threads on this topic. I would first try having someone push on the lid surface up by where it latches while you attempt to open it.
    & maybe simultaneously trying all 3 latches at same time for hopefully lil extra movement If no work has been done to the trunk that would make it out of square or anything, overstuffed would still open with helping hand pushing down otherwise can try looking at parts layout on cheap cycle parts & get idea of what else may hang upgood luck

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I am glad that you got that handled. Gl 1500 Goldwings had a similar issue. I was trying to decide if it would be too mean to send this.

I hope you have a sense of humor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-28-2024 at 02:04 PM.

Spyder Garage

I saw this conversation about rear trunk stuck closed & you noted the "fix" suggested did not work on your '16 RTY. I am having the same problem with my '16.
    How did you get yours open? Thanks!
    Last edited by AnthonyG; 02-05-2024 at 04:59 PM.
    2016 RTS SE6
    '64 Honda CA95 "Dream"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Old Prof View Post
    I saw this conversation about rear trunk stuck closed & you noted the "fix" suggested did not work on your '16 RTY. I am having the same problem with my '16.
    How did you get yours open? Thanks!
    Old Prof, Fuzz only ever made one post on this in 2019, and I have not seen a post from him since, so he may not even log on any more. You would be better served starting a new thread with your question, if a search doesn’t turn anything up.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Back panel tab not seated. Raised panel puts tension on latch. Trunk won't open.
    Take a standard 2" putty knife, the flexible kind. Slip in the center of the gap above the latch and below the trunk lid. Insert until you can press the black inner panel with the hole in it for the back panel tab to drop into. Remove putty knife. Open trunk.

from cptjam
    2016 RTS SE6
    '64 Honda CA95 "Dream"

Spyder Garage

Back panel tab not seated. Raised panel puts tension on latch. Trunk won't open.
    Take a standard 2" putty knife, the flexible kind. Slip in the center of the gap above the latch and below the trunk lid. Insert until you can press the black inner panel with the hole in it for the back panel tab to drop into. Remove putty knife. Open trunk.

from cptjam
    WELL...it sure sounded like it should work. Tried it this morning on my '16 RTS...no luck!
    I think I'm going to start a new thread (link below) & see what comes of that. At least it doesn't prevent me from riding!!!

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ition-Solution
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-29-2024 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Link
    2016 RTS SE6
    '64 Honda CA95 "Dream"

Spyder Garage

WELL...it sure sounded like it should work. Tried it this morning on my '16 RTS...no luck!
    I think I'm going to start a new thread & see what comes of that. At least it doesn't prevent me from riding!!!
    Unusual for cptjam’s solutions not to work, Old Prof. Hopefully your new thread might get a few more answers for you……at least you can ride, as you say

Pete

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ition-Solution
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-29-2024 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Link
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Took this picture with installing my home brewed flashing third brake light with timer to turn it steady on after 5 or 6 second. It shows more detail of the latches.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.