Spyder Garage

Default speaker setup for 2008 GS

I have a 2008 GS SE5. Have seen music setup with speakers molded to sides of instrument pod and speaker shells bolded to sides or to mirror stalks. Usually a 100 watt amp that a MP3 player attaches to with cheap arse 4 watt speakers that blow up/crack within a week. Hear of set ups for less than $100, but can only find the $300-500 set ups on internet so far. Help
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default look for these

Quote Originally Posted by obiwanbill View Post
    I have a 2008 GS SE5. Have seen music setup with speakers molded to sides of instrument pod and speaker shells bolded to sides or to mirror stalks. Usually a 100 watt amp that a MP3 player attaches to with cheap arse 4 watt speakers that blow up/crack within a week. Hear of set ups for less than $100, but can only find the $300-500 set ups on internet so far. Help
    Someone else just asked about similar.......Shark Audio ( advertises a lot on E-bay ) sells some 600 + watt set-ups that have FM ( but not good without a better ant. ) but great for an MP-3 ( which is what I did with mine )......be sure to get one with THE WIRED REMOTE CONTROL , not all have this option.....the AMP is very small , I put mine in the area on the right side above the frunk under the hood ( 08 GS )......you will have to mount the PODS somewhere ....I mounted mine to the windshield...............and YES the speakers aren't great but I swapped them for JBL GTO 350's which really made them terrific.......Mike

Spyder Garage

I would contact Dan Am, or just go buy a JL audio slam pak.

Sempert out,
    Sempyder out,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Someone else just asked about similar.......Shark Audio ( advertises a lot on E-bay ) sells some 600 + watt set-ups that have FM ( but not good without a better ant. ) but great for an MP-3 ( which is what I did with mine )......be sure to get one with THE WIRED REMOTE CONTROL , not all have this option.....the AMP is very small , I put mine in the area on the right side above the frunk under the hood ( 08 GS )......you will have to mount the PODS somewhere ....I mounted mine to the windshield...............and YES the speakers aren't great but I swapped them for JBL GTO 350's which really made them terrific.......Mike
    I found your reply...I put my question on two areas to try to get seen to get a reply peace brother
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow, a long time ago I posted info and beleive pics for individuals. I have a wireless remote Alpine deck mounted in the frunk and DWG water proof speakers mounted on the mirror stalks, been running with it like that since 08 , still works GREAT, even able to stuff 2 helmuts in there. I was questioned numerous on that one, but it works.

Spyder Garage

Why not skip the speakers & amp ,just get a SENA from Dave & Bluetooth your music & bonus you have coms if you want later

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights