Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question The button that does nothing

Anyone else got one of these on their Spyders?

I think it is supposed to be the lights override switch (RH front), which I see no point in having in the first place. Even so, mine would rather play dead, instead of actually do it's intended job!

Spyder Garage

If you've got the Spyder turned off and press the button and hold it your lights come on. Best use for that is getting in the trunk at night. With you trunk open in the dark if you press this button the reflection will help illuminate your trunk.
    "I'm the only hell my mama ever raised"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
    Anyone else got one of these on their Spyders?

I think it is supposed to be the lights override switch (RH front), which I see no point in having in the first place. Even so, mine would rather play dead, instead of actually do it's intended job!
    Sounds like you are talking about the light switch that allows you to see into the trunk when it's dark.

(yeah.... what Sleepman said above - we must have been typing at the same time Lol!)
    - Greg

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow Metallic

Previously owned...

2008 Spyder GS (Full Moon) 32,800 miles
    2011 Spyder RS-S (Magnesium/Black) 31,230 miles

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ah OK thought it might be something simple like that but I've actually never used it so never knew!

On another note about lights does anyone know if all the lights can be used simultaneously, or is it full beam and low beam separately only?

Spyder Garage

...On another note about lights does anyone know if all the lights can be used simultaneously, or is it full beam and low beam separately only?
    Added: For the US models: One or the other... but not both. Each side is the same and there's only one bulb in each... high/low is controlled by shutters.

Last edited by ataDude; 01-04-2009 at 06:38 PM.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Hi jetskier, It seems that we have a different light set up to some of the Canadians and Americans. From what I have read in the past it appears that we have the two lower lights as dipped beams and the upper two are our main beams. Well thats how it is on mine anyway, so we cant have them on together unless you squeeze the button on the right bar, Beware of blowing a fuse, (ask me how I know.)
    Across the pond it appears that the dipped and main are both in the top lights, I may be wrong. Tell me if I am .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    One or the other... nut not both. Each side is the same and there's only one bulb in each... high/low is controlled by shutters.

Euro Spyders have a different set up, as was said. Their upper lights are high beams, where ours do both functions via a shutter arrangement. Where the US would have optional foglights, they have their low beams. Work the same, they don't both function at the same time. In the US, this is because the light remains the same and only the shutter position changes. Elsewhere, the four lamps pull too much juice for continuous use together.
    -Scotty

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks johnboyjohn. I should have realised that each country would have different lighting requirements.

At present my RH front switch only switches on the lights for me to see in the storage compartment when the engine and ignition is off. It does nothing when the engine is running. Is it the same for you? The LH light toggle is the only way of blipping high beam from what I can see.
    Last edited by jetskier; 01-04-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks johnboyjohn. I should have realised that each country would have different lighting requirements.

At present my RH front switch only switches on the lights for me to see in the storage compartment when the engine and ignition is off. It does nothing when the engine is running. Is it the same for you? The LH light toggle is the only way of blipping high beam from what I can see.
    Same in the US.
    -Scotty

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default R H switch

The switch is there to shine in the storage at night. Its other function is the head lights have to be on to retrieve fault codes without being hooked up to the D.E.S.S. box at the dealership!
    Quality, Service, Price. Choose two.

Spyder Garage

Jetskier

That darned switch has a mind of its own I think, anyhow I have now forgotten about it in the main.
    You may also see various comments regarding spare bulbs and relays, but so far Ive found side,tail , numberplate easy to get. Havent had head or dipped out yet to look so dont know about them. Cant find any relays locally but have not tried very hard yet.
    By the way, I run Ultraseal in all three wheels, and it does not affect the balance at all.

Spyder Garage

i added a strip of L.E.D.s under the hood very bright ....
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    i added a strip of L.E.D.s under the hood very bright ....
    good idea