Thread: Crazy pricing!

Spyder Garage

Default Crazy pricing!

i have seen some crazy pricing but this takes the cake. I found a dealer in OK, Dick Lanes, that still has several 2013's, for the fantastic list price of $29,700. Has a few 2014's also. It's not a misprint on the year either because it lists the 998 engine. Why would anyone even bother listing a soon to be a three year old "new" bike at that price when you can buy a 2015 $7000 cheaper?
    I understand that's not what he will probably sell it for but seems like if you really wanted to move it you would post your BEST price.
    Guess that's why I'm not a dealer. So much I DONT know.
    😳

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's fun; ain't it?
    No doubt; the local dealerships set the pricing... and sometimes you have to wonder what they were thinking??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

If you found the ad on the internet, sometimes I find that they are not updated very often.

Spyder Garage

Default Really..!!!

Give a whole new meaning to "Sticker Shock" but think how great you would feel if you happen by and he says...for you I'll knock off $7,000.00. this is the time you are going to see prices going crazy. If buying, set you limit and happy hunting your spyder is out there...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    If you found the ad on the internet, sometimes I find that they are not updated very often.
    It popped up on Cycletrader this morning. I get notifications when new bikes for sale are posted. Crazy...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Give a whole new meaning to "Sticker Shock" but think how great you would feel if you happen by and he says...for you I'll knock off $7,000.00. this is the time you are going to see prices going crazy. If buying, set you limit and happy hunting your spyder is out there...
    I still wouldn't feel good about $7k off when I could get a 15 for the same price.
    Im waiting on a 2015, I just thought I'd post this crazy price to see if anyone else could see the logic in it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Madrebel View Post
    It popped up on Cycletrader this morning. I get notifications when new bikes for sale are posted. Crazy...
    There is a yellow 2013 RT-S on the dealers front page for about $28K. I thought the OP was smoking some funny stuff as this dealer bills himself as the #1 powersports dealer in Okie. By #1, he must mean prices.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5

Spyder Garage

I just got back to AZ from 1.5 years of working in OKC...they have A LOT of motorcycle back stock all over that OK area. Actually found new 2009 bikes on a few lots, 2010's...really takes off from there. All had the original price on them, a few said it's great wiggle room to use for trade-in. Numbers start dropping fast if you start asking questions.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
    There is a yellow 2013 RT-S on the dealers front page for about $28K. I thought the OP was smoking some funny stuff as this dealer bills himself as the #1 powersports dealer in Okie. By #1, he must mean prices.
    Its got to be the same dealer...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AMTJIM View Post
    I just got back to AZ from 1.5 years of working in OKC...they have A LOT of motorcycle back stock all over that OK area. Actually found new 2009 bikes on a few lots, 2010's...really takes off from there. All had the original price on them, a few said it's great wiggle room to use for trade-in. Numbers start dropping fast if you start asking questions.
    Wow, you would "think" they would want to get rid of their old stock to have room for the new. Just doesn't make sense...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Madrebel View Post
    Wow, you would "think" they would want to get rid of their old stock to have room for the new. Just doesn't make sense...
    In Texas and most places I know of, there is a vehicle inventory tax... like part of one percent of the value of the vehicle each month. Can add up for a dealer so they are usually ready to move older stuff that has been taking up space in their show rooms. An unscrupulous dealer will also try and pass this tax onto the consumer.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=wiredgeorge;1014351]In Texas and most places I know of, there is a vehicle inventory tax... like part of one percent of the value of the vehicle each month. Can add up for a dealer so they are usually ready to move older stuff that has been taking up space in their show rooms. An unscrupulous dealer will also try and pass this tax onto the consumer.[/QUOTE

Definitely not the thinking of some of the good dealers we have on this forum. Crap, imotorsports will ship it to you or fly you in, and for WAY less than that 2013 model!

Spyder Garage

Caveat Emptor--Let the Buyer Beware. Do your due diligence so you do not get burned.

I would be wary of any dealer that plays around with $7K markup and then may come down on price if you know what reality is all about. Pity those that walk in and have not done their research. They get tagged for an extra $7K.

Was looking at a used Caddy STS yesterday. Dealer had it priced for only $18K. The internet says fair price is $12K. Looks like a bit of playing room to me.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-30-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Crazy Pricing

This dealership is having to pay for his floor plan for this old product. If they borrowed money for the floor plan then they are paying interest plus the floor plan. The only out is to buy the inventory. Not a good way to run this type of business.

Reese
    2010 RT-S SE5 Orbital Blue