Spyder Garage

What's your riding style?
    For long distance
    Center comfort the answer is yes.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

27 male here and I love my RTS SE6, first bike that I had was RS SM5 and I can tell you this is an upgrade by far. You have more comfort, more power and what's not to love about a radio? I know there are other models but at times I ride 2 up and it's far better on my RTS 2 up than my RS. I would test drive both and see what you think. The 998 is a great motor and was fun on my RS. I do love the 1330 as most people do here. Could it use a little more power? Meh, I would't mind seeing around the 1500cc range but I think at this point they are looking for power, MPG and also mastering exiting of heat. I don't think you could go wrong with either machine but if I had to do it all over again I would still stick with my RTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbee93003 View Post
    Hi there:
    I test drove an RT limited last weekend and loved it! I am a beginner rider and probably won't be making any long distance trips with it any time soon. I was originally thinking about the ST semi-automatic but my husband thinks the 1330 is a far superior motor. However, I don't plan on having a passenger on most rides so the seat will be empty most of the time. He will be on his Yamaha. For whatever reason, having that back seat and storage behind me makes me feel more comfortable and safer... Any thoughts on this? Thanks!!
    2014 Black RTS SE6
    2012 Black RS - Sold 7/24/2014
    2011 Sonata LTD

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default What is thunk???

Quote Originally Posted by tobor9 View Post
    My wife and I each have our own RTas nether one of us are good passengers and when we go shopping we can strap down extra things(that won't fit in frunk,thunk or saddlebags) to the passenger seat.
    I understand what the frunk is (front trunk) and the saddlebags are self explanatory. What is the thunk? I know it is the rear trunk so why not call it a trunk?

Spyder Garage

Hi there:
    I test drove an RT limited last weekend and loved it! I am a beginner rider and probably won't be making any long distance trips with it any time soon. I was originally thinking about the ST semi-automatic but my husband thinks the 1330 is a far superior motor. However, I don't plan on having a passenger on most rides so the seat will be empty most of the time. He will be on his Yamaha. For whatever reason, having that back seat and storage behind me makes me feel more comfortable and safer... Any thoughts on this? Thanks!!
    Extra storage on RT could be handy. ST I 100% solo & if u feel need for backrest Smoothspyder is greatImageUploadedByTapatalk1439448369.854514.jpg moves from driver to passenger, no tools needed. Lets me carry sissy bar bag if I have something too big for frunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I have a 2014 RTL, love the extra storage, adjustable windshield, rear air sup for smoother ride.

Spyder Garage

I would definitely go with the RTS-SE 6 like everyone else has said the storage, maintance free, less fill ups, power, ( even riding solo) quick acceleration , 1200W- Alternator, etc. comfortable on long/short trips. Adjustable shocks, fog lights, lights on the front fenders, am/FM radio, blue tooth/ I pod capability. Abs, traction control, stability control, safer.

I ride solo all the time I have a 2014RTS-SE6, sometimes I ride my spyder to work, 1330 ACE engine is quite, I like having the storage space and everything the else that the RT offers.

My first spyder was a 2012RTS-SE5, it had the 998 engine. Good luck! Keep us posted on what you get.
    Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 08-22-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I understand what the frunk is (front trunk) and the saddlebags are self explanatory. What is the thunk? I know it is the rear trunk so why not call it a trunk?

I believe that is a typo. Thunk is what the tranny does when it's cold.

Whomever may be shopping right now, I would be patient, prices on the 15s will drop when the new models come out shortly.

Spyder Garage

More space to store an additional bag, and heaven knows you ladies need it!

AJ

Hi there:

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Depends on how you are gonna want to ride..

My RT serves the purpose perfectly for touring with my wife...But if health issues force my wife to quit riding altogether, I think I will switch to the new F3...

I liked riding twisties aggressively on 2 wheels and the RT is a little top heavy for me in the Ozark twisties, especially 2 up, so we just ride with slower groups now and that is fine for her and I..

But riding by myself, I could pop a hitch on the swingarm and haul a small trailer for carrying my junk for camping.......Then drop the trailer AND hitch temporarily(see note) while at location and eat those twisties up with my more aggressive riding 2 wheel acquaintances again...If I was a solo rider I believe that is the route I would have went instead..

Note..That hitch makes the swingarm feel funny/bouncy on the RT and I drop it now anyway when I am not towing.....

Spyder Garage

I think the RT is fine for single riders. Plenty of storage room and comfortable as anything.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Hi there:
    I had a 13 RT LTR and a 14 RT LTD. THEY WERE BOTHSFLAWLESS AND THENSTORAGEIS WONDERDErful

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The rear perch on the RT is a MUCH better place to put a passenger; should the need arise.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2014 rt and ride solo 99% of the time. With that being said, it is 100% better if you ever plan on taking a passenger. I chose the rt over the st mainly for the 1330 engine. If there was a 1330 in the st, I would have probably gone with the st limited.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

if i were your husband i'd get you the f3! lots less storage for those shopping trips!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Chuck
    Most stores now offer free shipping!
    Just ask my Missus!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Chuck
    Most stores now offer free shipping!
    Just ask my Missus!
    dang!

Spyder Garage

Default YIKES - Dead Engine #1

Quote Originally Posted by Brogers57 View Post
    27 male here and I love my RTS SE6, first bike that I had was RS SM5 and I can tell you this is an upgrade by far. You have more comfort, more power and what's not to love about a radio? I know there are other models but at times I ride 2 up and it's far better on my RTS 2 up than my RS. I would test drive both and see what you think. The 998 is a great motor and was fun on my RS. I do love the 1330 as most people do here. Could it use a little more power? Meh, I would't mind seeing around the 1500cc range but I think at this point they are looking for power, MPG and also mastering exiting of heat. I don't think you could go wrong with either machine but if I had to do it all over again I would still stick with my RTS.
    What's the story with that? Is it fixed yet? I had to leave a GL1800 in Corpus Christi, take the bus back home to Georgia, wait 8 weeks for the repairs (under warranty), and fly back to Corpus to ride it home. My lawyer told me to pull a trailer out there, load it up, and have it repaired at home.

Hope you have better results.

-Billl

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hi there:
    I purchased a used 2014 last month and it was my first motorcycle. It is just great. The cost of a new one is high but a used 2014 is more approachable for a first timer. Great ride and lots of fun. Good luck.
    Greg Gorgone
    Franklin, TN
    gpg28712@gmail.com
    828-708-2681

Spyder Garage

Should be done tomorrow. Dealer was going to test drive and let it sit overnight to be sure everything is good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Black RTS SE6
    2012 Black RS - Sold 7/24/2014
    2011 Sonata LTD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Charlotte,
    When you ride together on the Spyder; do you put him in the rear seat?
    I let him drive it, sometimes. Going from his mcycle to the Spyder, I always remind him about the brake pedal.
    I don't want him to scratch my "baby"
    2015 Spyder RT Limited, Red Pearl
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    Contigo Cup
    Cup Holder
    Cargo Nets
    Additional turn signals mounted behind speaker grill
    12v cable for heated clothing
    Sheepskin seat cover
    Baja Ron Sway bar

Myles of Smyles!!

2011 Spyder RT
    Viper Red

Spyder Garage

Rt for comfort and space - hands down

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up RT Spyder

I have a 2012 RT Limited SE5 (semi-automatic transmission) and I love it! I ride mainly single, but when someone else want's to join in on the ride, I have the room. I like having the storage on the bike, so I would go with the RT instead of the Sport bike (single seated)! But you choose what's best for you and don't worry about who else can ride, it's about YOU and your fun!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 F3T-LTD , Light Blue

Spyder Garage

Hi there:
    Those things are Chick magnets or Man magnets, and yes even Grandchildren Magnets. Alright all seriousness aside. Don't even think twice about this. Get the RT. It is much more comfortable to ride and has a lot of extra storage. Mmmm lets see, extra clothes, curlers, (do women still use those things) large purses etc. You might regret buying the ST but you will never regret buying the RT. Don't know how old you are and dare not ask but if you were in your late teens or twenties I perhaps would recommend the ST. Nothing beats comfort in my book.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flaggerphil View Post
    I think the RT is fine for single riders. Plenty of storage room and comfortable as anything.
    I agree with the storage, and comfortable. Deanna
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Deanna777; 01-07-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Cool Trying to decide myself

I just bought my wife a 2015 RT in Sept. She will not touch my 2 wheels. After riding hers and teaching her to ride I am now trying to decide if I give up my 2 wheels which version I would go with. The Rt has the storage that I love. I think when I have hers paid off then she will be about ready for the new model and I will get the hand me downs..

2017 Can Am Spyder F3-Limited

Lamonster front fender LED light kit, Madstad adjustable windshield, Lidlox Helmet Lock, Techmount phone mount

Previous 2015 Can Am Spyder RT-SE6

Bajaron Sway Bar w/links, Rivco Dual trunk mounted flag poles, Custom Dynamics Long Amber Brightsides, Custom Dynamics Long Red Brightsides, Custom Dynamics LED RT HMT Brake Light w/Magic Strobes Brake Light Flasher, Techmount phone mount