Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Happened twice. Both times I opened my vest to reveal my concealed carry gun. I then advise them that folks have been shot for lesser offenses!! End of discussion!!
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RussRT View Post
    Happened twice. Both times I opened my vest to reveal my concealed carry gun. I then advise them that folks have been shot for lesser offenses!! End of discussion!!
    Seems a bit extreme and may be against the law.

Spyder Garage

Default half cover

Quote Originally Posted by Fonite View Post
    A few friends have mentioned that this has happened to them. They walk out of a store and someone is sitting on their Spyder snapping away with their phone. Is there a way to prevent people from sitting on a Spyder when the owner isn't around? If you have had a similar experience leave your story here if possible!
    We came back to our spyder, after walk the gorge at Watkins Glenn. There was a muddy track across the seat where someone's shoe drug across while getting on or off. My wife bought a lightweight half cover from Spydersisters. Very quick and easy to put on.
    Traded 2013 rt s se5 for pearl white 2015 RTS se6 .
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    Wife and I have been a couple since 1980
    32 years of wedded bliss

Spyder Garage

This worked twice you mean, because you were fortunate enough to be around the vehicle twice when it happened. Scaring people of is also not really a solution, it won't stop the next stranger trying to sit on the bike, at all, ever, until you bully them around with a gun again. Fighting symptoms, not the cause.

Spyder Garage

Default Good way to lose your CC.

As a fellow Ohio CC license holder I can tell you that what you are doing is called MENACING. I'm sure your CC instructor explained that to you in class.You will lose your Privilege to carry and you will be arrested IF someone reports your behavior. Randy

Spyder Garage

We have a cover meant to keep the seat cool. It is stretchy an attaches on the front edge of the wind wings, comes back over the bars and hooks behind the seat or trunk. Can't remember who made it, but when we get back next week I'll look. Have had no problems when I've used it. Have had mysterious foot prints when I haven't.
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gldwnger View Post
    As a fellow Ohio CC license holder I can tell you that what you are doing is called MENACING. I'm sure your CC instructor explained that to you in class.You will lose your Privilege to carry and you will be arrested IF someone reports your behavior. Randy
    Virginia calls it branishing... and will get you in the same trouble.

Spyder Garage

I had wild pigs sit on my goldwing one time . I was not too upset about it. Just cleaned up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    Seems a bit extreme and may be against the law.

In most jurisdictions it IS against the law. It is considered Menacing....serious misdemeanor/possible felony.
    You are taught in CHL Classes to NOT do this !

Craig From Albany Oregon

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just throw my Spyder Sisters seat cover on the bike: problem solved!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Yup - I've never had a problem with the Spyder Sisters Sun Shade on - it folds up, very small, and also does keep the seat from getting hot on a sunny day

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Had this happen to me once. I asked the guy where his car was. He pointed it out to me and I went and sat on the hood of his very expensive Lexus. Boy was he pissed! I pointed out that it was no different from him sitting on my Spyder, and that kinda took the wind out of his sails. I would have rather punched his lights out, but my darling bride advised me that I really would not want to get arrested. I now have a "sunscreen" that I got from Spyder Sisters, and it not only keeps idiots from sitting on my Spyder, it has the added benefit of keeping the seat from baking in the sun. Check 'em out.

http://www.spydersisters.com/
    I also have a sunshade from Spyder Sisters. It's very quick and easy to put on and take off and it takes up very little storage room. I highly recommend it.

Spyder Garage

Surely you are pulling our collective leg! I hope. If not, this is one unbelieveably stupid move. I hate to say this, but some people should have their guns taken away from them!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    what i really really hate are the parents who watch their kids touch others property and don't say anything too them and
    then get upset at you when you yell at the kid or the parent.
    We came out of the pet store and a very nice man said to his little girl "don't you have something to say". In a quiet little voice " I'm sorry I sat on your motorcycle ". The father explained how she ran from the car and got on before he could say anything. We never saw it happened and never would of know. There are a few of us parents trying to teach our kids. My wife thanked the little girl for being honest and let her know she should ask before. And most people would let her sit.
    Traded 2013 rt s se5 for pearl white 2015 RTS se6 .
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    Wife and I have been a couple since 1980
    32 years of wedded bliss

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    Surely you are pulling our collective leg! I hope. If not, this is one unbelieveably stupid move. I hate to say this, but some people should have their guns taken away from them!

I agree 100%!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As a Benefactor member of the NRA... also.
    If viewed in the proper context: it's just a motorcycle, and 99% of the time, no harm comes from it...
    The implied threat of violence is a bit "over the top"...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Sunshade

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Had this happen to me once. I asked the guy where his car was. He pointed it out to me and I went and sat on the hood of his very expensive Lexus. Boy was he pissed! I pointed out that it was no different from him sitting on my Spyder, and that kinda took the wind out of his sails. I would have rather punched his lights out, but my darling bride advised me that I really would not want to get arrested. I now have a "sunscreen" that I got from Spyder Sisters, and it not only keeps idiots from sitting on my Spyder, it has the added benefit of keeping the seat from baking in the sun. Check 'em out.

http://www.spydersisters.com/
    They have been out of stock for months, haven't found anywhere else to get one.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

I just tried to order as well, nothing.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    They have been out of stock for months, haven't found anywhere else to get one.
    Same here :-(
    Time to ask Deb to get the sewing machine out . lol

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Finless Bob video...

I ran across a Finless Bob video on youtube that shows him using a cover for an RS (I think) on an RT & it went on fairly quick. The only thing is he had to have the windshield down all the way.
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I just throw my Spyder Sisters seat cover on the bike: problem solved!
    Was lucky enough to get a couple of the last ones they made for our Spyders
    Last edited by hdlongrod; 07-24-2016 at 11:16 PM.
    His - 2013 RSS SM5
    Hers - 2013 RS SE5

Proud Army Veterans!!

Spyder Garage

Our spyders were parked by the windows at Taco Bell in Cortland. While we were eating breakfast a young boy (approx. 7-8 years old) ws standing with his father staring at my mistress. They were not touching the bike only trying to get a couple pictures and were not getting close enough to get good ones. I went outside and offered to put him on the seat for a few pictures, and thanked them for respecting my property.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Default Sit on my Bike I break your face !!

If someone was to sit on my bike I will warn them to remove themselves quickly before I break their face !!!

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

if you are going to do that, don't ask them not to sit on it, let them know that you believe they are trying to steal it
    since no one would be stupid enough to sit on another man's bike. that way if the police come you make charges of
    attempted auto theft, a felony charge.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had this problem in Holland MI. After walking around town, I was headed back to the Spyder and say a man sitting on it with his child, about 3, sitting on the back seat kicking the drivers backrest.
    Needless to say I came unglued.

I then purchased a Ultragard half cover for $40.00. I now leave my helmets on the seat, toss on the half cover, and walk away. I have not had anyone bother it since. Cover goes over windshield, and then has 4 hooks, I hook the rear 2 to the back fender, and the front side ones to the floor boards unless it is windy, then I hook them underneath. Quick, simple, and takes up VERY little room.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-RT-RT...lVBIEd&vxp=mtr
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue