Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Fake excrement on the seat usually works downunder; my son is a practical joker, so I get these for free.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rosebelle View Post
    Fake excrement on the seat usually works downunder; my son is a practical joker, so I get these for free.
    Hey then we could shoot the fake s--t off with our Smith & Wesson!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rosebelle View Post
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steadyon View Post
    $15 eBay 24" spiked dog collar. I removed the buckle and associated hardware, then connected the ends with a 12" length of bungee. Easily slips over the seat, and when the seat is lowered it's captured and can't be moved/removed without the key.
    I believe the average person would read it as a "Do not sit here sign".
    Nice looking bike

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steadyon View Post
    $15 eBay 24" spiked dog collar. I removed the buckle and associated hardware, then connected the ends with a 12" length of bungee. Easily slips over the seat, and when the seat is lowered it's captured and can't be moved/removed without the key.
    I believe the average person would read it as a "Do not sit here sign".
    Spyder%20and%20spiked%20collar%20A.jpg

Is there any way that somebody with "bad intentions", could use that collar to damage your seat or paint?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Great thread

I suspect I may react in an unpleasant manner if I found someone sitting on my Spyder, but, most likely I would engage in a conversation. The end may be something like, "And, why the #^%$^$ do you think you can just sit on someone else's property without suffering consequences.

OK, the real solution is probably one of those seat covers, and as noted previously, keeps the black seat from getting so very hot.
    Msmoto
    2016 F3 Limited SS, Garmin 595LM, Sena 10S, Belt Idler Pulley, Custom Cherry Bomb Exhaust
    Previous Spyder No. 003008

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Fonite View Post
    A few friends have mentioned that this has happened to them. They walk out of a store and someone is sitting on their Spyder snapping away with their phone. Is there a way to prevent people from sitting on a Spyder when the owner isn't around? If you have had a similar experience leave your story here if possible!
    If you have your Bars turned and locked that should prevent somebody from getting on easily.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Hey then we could shoot the fake s--t off with our Smith & Wesson!
    And they would up here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Sitting on a Spyder without asking? Anyone have this problem?

Happened to me one time, young couple taking pictures of their little cuttie pie sitting on my spyder. I asked what they thought they were doing, and why did they think they could just put someone on my trike. They said they thought the trike was cool and were just taking a picture or two with their child on it and weren't hurting anything and to basically chill. I asked them where their vehicle was. The man pointed to a fancy SUV right beside my trike. I smiled, walked over to the drivers door, it was unlocked, so I got in and got my cell phone out. He comes over opens the door and starts yelling to get out of his car and what the hell did I think I was doing. I politely told him I was just taking a selfie of me in a cool SUV, and wasn't hurting anything....she grabbed the kid off my trike and................I think he got it.
    Baja Ron sway bar, Spyder Dock, Highway Brackets,Trident pegs, Spyder Decals, Signal Mirror led strips, Utopia backrest, 5 pc. Hopnel liner set, cargo nets side/rear doors. Mesh bag front trunk, foam grips, spare trunk key, passenger armrests/storage pouch's, ram mounts/GPS, Drink holder,Phone, Passenger clamp-on drink holder, rear trunk tap light, custom plate frame, spyder fastener bolts, adjustable lower mirror wind deflectors, F4 Customs windshield -wide,tall,clear,vent,Chrome Spyder grill.

Spyder Garage

In the US you carry ,i can not !!
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

I think this problem comes from parents not teaching their kids respect and discipline. Now a good number of these folks are now adults and are teaching their kids even less respect . Society is failing fast with the lack of respect, discipline and work ethic.

This is not a ride toy at the local park.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

sit in their car or on their hood, treat people like equals, if you do they will not like it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I only had one experience with a group of kids who surrounded my F3s and one kid was sitting on it.
    I politely explained the "rules" or educate of touching someone's ride.
    They were teens, mostly around 15 or 16 years old and we all left happy.
    Kids will be kids and learn as they grow.....no damage so no problem.

A few friends have mentioned that this has happened to them. They walk out of a store and someone is sitting on their Spyder snapping away with their phone. Is there a way to prevent people from sitting on a Spyder when the owner isn't around? If you have had a similar experience leave your story here if possible!

Spyder Garage

And another old moldy thread is dug up from the archives to breathe life again!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd ask if they would like me to take their picture on the bike. And, I have done that. And, they're usually very grateful and pleased.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I walk out to my truck once and this guy was sitting on the hood, My words to him," Do you like sitting on that truck, do you want to buy that truck, then get the **** off it."

Spyder Garage

The problem i have is you should not have to explain common sense or respect to someone unless they are under your charge.

Ok, so you are in a strip club and the new girl comes out on stage, she has the most perfect set of silicone ta ta's you have ever seen,
    you jump on stage and touch them, the girl slaps you, the bouncer forcibly grabs you and throws you out and does not give you back
    your admission fee, should you get upset?

Don't like that scenario then how about this one: you are having a backyard bbq, the front door is open and you don't have a fence or
    gate, someone walks in and uses your bathroom, they are washing their hands when they are done, you walk in the house and see
    this person in YOUR bathroom. They tell you they didn't want to poop in their pants what would you do? Is it your fault that you left
    the front door open and don't have a pitbull for protection?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    The problem i have is you should not have to explain common sense or respect to someone unless they are under your charge.

Ok, so you are in a strip club and the new girl comes out on stage, she has the most perfect set of silicone ta ta's you have ever seen,
    you jump on stage and touch them, the girl slaps you, the bouncer forcibly grabs you and throws you out and does not give you back
    your admission fee, should you get upset?

Don't like that scenario then how about this one: you are having a backyard bbq, the front door is open and you don't have a fence or
    gate, someone walks in and uses your bathroom, they are washing their hands when they are done, you walk in the house and see
    this person in YOUR bathroom. They tell you they didn't want to poop in their pants what would you do? Is it your fault that you left
    the front door open and don't have a pitbull for protection?
    Yeah ... like that ... exactly
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

And another old moldy thread is dug up from the archives to breathe life again!

Jack
    It does happen. There have been a lot of "new" people aboard since 2015. New for them, and sometimes I like to go back and read what others have said. The resurfacing of older threads from time to time keeps it interesting for me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I'd ask if they would like me to take their picture on the bike. And, I have done that. And, they're usually very grateful and pleased.
    Yep, yep, yep, Pete. Doesn’t bother me.....it’s only happened once, and they were just resting against the seat for a photo. I did mention that it was not a good idea to do it again though, as some people can be very aggressive......and if someone thinks you’re looking to steal a bike or car, the results can be awful.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I have an alarm attached to the seat when I park my Spyder. If somebody tried to sit on seat they would need to move alarm which would siren. Does the job I want it to do and prevents people from sitting on my Spyder.
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

I see the "Herd" gets a little nervous when this happens!

A toy Rattlesnake left on the seat usually prevents this.

Jack

What do you mean toy Jack--a real one is more impressive. I had a neighbor 12 yrs kid come into my garage and ask if he could sit On my turbo hayabusa. I said OK , unfortunately he thought that meant he could turn the key on--then he hits the air shift button & the trans dry shifts with a very ugly loud clank noise. I found out later the kid had OCD after I invited him to leave. Live & learn--huh :-(
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Bungee cords

Buy two bungee cords long enough to stretch from rear handles to the handlebars. Stretch one from the left rear handle to the right handlebar, and the second one - the other way.
    Nobody will sit on your Spyder anymore.

You're welcome

Spyder Garage

I had 2 woman sitting on my bike. I asked them who gave them permission to sit on it? I then asked them if they had a $31000.00 deposit? Told the thats what that bike costs and if you damage it in anyway, you get to buy it! They got off real quick!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by limited14 View Post
    I had 2 woman sitting on my bike. I asked them who gave them permission to sit on it? I then asked them if they had a $31000.00 deposit? Told the thats what that bike costs and if you damage it in anyway, you get to buy it! They got off real quick!
    How old were they?