Thread: Highway PEGS

Spyder Garage

Default Highway PEGS

Does anyone have Lamonster highway brackets on there Sts. Are they comfortable ??
    2013 sts , Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

I do and I love them. I actually have a friend that has a brand new set of the brackets that he has for sale. No pegs. If you are interested.
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Default heat?

Any problem with heat near your right foot when you are using them. I just got done doing almost 400 miles on Sunday going from Chicago to Oshkosh Wi and back for the Air Show
    (BTW it was great) and tried relaxing my heels on my splash guards and it was kinda hot when the fan was on- but I have a feeling they would be really comfortable if heat was not an issue!

Spyder Garage

Default brackets

And I may be interested in your buddy's brackets

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mstella101 View Post
    Any problem with heat near your right foot when you are using them. I just got done doing almost 400 miles on Sunday going from Chicago to Oshkosh Wi and back for the Air Show
    (BTW it was great) and tried relaxing my heels on my splash guards and it was kinda hot when the fan was on- but I have a feeling they would be really comfortable if heat was not an issue!
    I do get a good bit of heat on the right side coming off the radiator. I don't have a problem with it if I wear my riding boots and pants but I can't wear shorts and tennis shoes. It hits about ankle high. I have considered adding a fan can like I had on my RS which totally redirects the heat down under the bike. They do not make one just for the ST but you can use one that was made from the RS. You just have to slightly modify the scoop to make the can fit. My worry is that the heat will then be directed to your foot on the floor board. I guess I will have to try it and find out. I still say the pegs are very worth it as I always wear my pants and boots if I'm on a long trip which is when you need the pegs. I had the rivco brackets and pegs on my RS and lamonsters brackets are much better because they are fully adjustable which allows you to stretch out more no matter your height. Hope this helps!
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

thanks for the reply- I'll check it out

Spyder Garage

I just got LaMonster's highway brackets/pegs back in October. I love them...I do not love the radiator heat on my right lower leg however. Even with thick pants and boots.

It's tollerable when it's cold out, but I cannot use the pegs when it's hot and that bites the big .

When I can get a lift/jack setup, I'm going to remove the bottom pan...but, I'd love to have some sort of air defelctor like what Spyder Pops has on hand, but for my year/model.

Have ya'll or anyone else figure out a good method to reduce the heat so to enjoy those pegs on hot days??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bayoumanPIBE; 01-26-2020 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to add photos of pegs
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!