Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    On the Alaska trip I think I was the only one who didn't cover their Spyder at night. I had to wipe off the dew but that wasn't necessarily a problem since I also got to wash off the bugs and dirt at the same time. I have a full cover, from my 2010, and it is nice but it takes up valuable space so I don't take it with me.
    I was thinking the very same thing. I've taken some 2 or 3 day trips, and have found plenty of room on the Spyder to carry everything I need (including rain gear for me, which takes up a bit of room). But I'll be gone for a week when I go to Spyderquest this fall, and have been thinking about how to carry everything I'll need for that trip. I've concluded that a couple of terrycloth rags will be much more efficient than a half-cover for the Spyder (which probably doesn't care all that much if it gets wet at night).
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

I have an inexpensive full cover that I bought on eBay - I only use it on trips when I am parked in motel parking lots. It deters people (and kids) from climbing all over it. It takes all of two minutes to put it on. by myself - in fact, it is easier to do it alone than with help. I put the part over the windshield on, first, pull the front over the frunk, then put it over the back and sides. The front wheels are the last part to get covered, and the first to get uncovered.

Attached Images Attached Images

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Registered Users ScreaminMeanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got the Nelson-Rigg half cover I ordered, and I think it's going to be perfect for what I need it for.

Pros:
    It folds up small enough to fit in one of the sidecase lid recesses (my RT came with the Hopnel cargo nets already installed - handy).
    It takes a minute or two, tops, to put it on.
    It allows for a lot of air circulation beneath it so I don't anticipate it will become an oven under there.
    It was $40 (including shipping).

Cons:
    It's not exactly a custom fit. Based on the box and flyers that came in the box, it will fit virtually any Spyder from a GS to an RT. Still, it covers everything I think it needs to cover, and it fits well enough that it was a) clearly made for a Spyder, and b) isn't going to blow off in a windstorm, so I'm not bothered by it.

Spyder Garage

Default Nelson-Rigg half cover

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminMeanie View Post
    I got the Nelson-Rigg half cover I ordered, and I think it's going to be perfect for what I need it for.

Pros:
    It folds up small enough to fit in one of the sidecase lid recesses (my RT came with the Hopnel cargo nets already installed - handy).
    It takes a minute or two, tops, to put it on.
    It allows for a lot of air circulation beneath it so I don't anticipate it will become an oven under there.
    It was $40 (including shipping).

Cons:
    It's not exactly a custom fit. Based on the box and flyers that came in the box, it will fit virtually any Spyder from a GS to an RT. Still, it covers everything I think it needs to cover, and it fits well enough that it was a) clearly made for a Spyder, and b) isn't going to blow off in a windstorm, so I'm not bothered by it.
    Thanks for this feedback. Just ordered the same one from Amazon a few minutes ago... ($40.99) Free same day shipping so I should have it this afternoon.
    -iSpyder
    2014 Spyder RTS - Cognac

2012 Spyder RTS - Blue (17,700 miles)

Current Mods:
    BRP Backrest

ISCI Hand Brake w/ cup holder

ISCI center screw RAM mount w/ universal holder

ISCI driver and passenger floorboards

FZ-1 fuse block

Powerlet 12-volt socket installed in front speaker grill

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn

Hopnel dash bags and saddle bag nets

Spyder Garage

Default Half Cover

We like the half covers as they keep alot of dust and or dew, rain off when we stop for the night. At home they are parked in the heated garage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default 1/2 cover, whos best

Not to start a war but overall who's cover seems to be the best built? Here in southern New Mexico the sun eats most vinyl in a year or less.
    Whos have good luck with what, and would recommend for the long term