Spyder Garage

Default What to do with an old wheelchair?

I have a wheelchair that I no longer need (thankfully) and I'm not sure how you get rid of it in a helpful manner. It's a Quickie GT that has a rigid frame and the back rest folds down and the wheels pop off. It's in great shape with a few scratches from me attempting to load it in the back of my truck once. Any ideas? Anyone need one? What's it worth?
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Maybe contact The Wounded Warrior Project, local VA Hospital or local rehab center..
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Salvation Army ?

osm

Spyder Garage

You can donate it to one of the many local organizations that serve those with disabilities. A Vets help organization may be a very good choice--since someone who needs one quickly can get one without the usual hoops and red tape added.

Most sell used for a couple hundred--but if you are not in the business, that is a long shot.
    Glad to hear you no longer need the use of one.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-11-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Maybe contact The Wounded Warrior Project, local VA Hospital or local rehab center..
    Oddly enough, we have the same dillema. My wife broke her left leg in late April, needed a wheelchair, now does not need it. As a veteran who supports the Wounder Warrior Project, that would be my first choice. Realistically, the VA , a local hospital or senior center might be a better option. Get in touch with all, and donate it to whomever you wish.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Guys, I met a guy yesterday who is in desperate need. He's currently using a huge steel hospital pile of crap so his wife is doing all the pushing and breaking down/loading into car etc. They are absolutely lost so let me now what you got and I'll pass you on their email. They don't have a pile of money and he's delusional when it comes to the insurance and healthcare system!

Cheers,
    roller

Spyder Garage

Suggest donation to Salvation Army or similar activity. Many facilities will not buy used medical equipment of any type for liability reasons.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

You mount a fish cooker and an LP gas bottle on it and make it a portable cook out. I got a picture of one somewhere.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Preowned wheelchair Sports Equipment group on FB. I would think that would be an acceptable listing. That is a good/great/classic street chair and if it's in new condition like you state someone needs one somewhere.

Spyder Garage

Contact your local American Legion post. They will make sure it is used!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system