Spyder Garage

Default Tyres For my Australian RS

Hi guys, just been talking to a few dealers and they recommend kenda tyres on the RS spyder..... Probably because they are selling them ?

Anyone have any issues with dealers using different tyres?

I've just been reading the owners manual before I pick up my spyder on Friday, notice front tyre pressure 18 psi?
    Doesn't seem a lot to me, I guess it's right if it's in the owners manual?

Thoughts?

Spyder Garage

Hmmmm looks like No one is changing tyres lately

Spyder Garage

Probably more likely that everyone thinks all the other threads on the subject already more than adequately answer the question....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 109spyder View Post
    Hi guys, just been talking to a few dealers and they recommend kenda tyres on the RS spyder..... Probably because they are selling them ?

Anyone have any issues with dealers using different tyres?

I've just been reading the owners manual before I pick up my spyder on Friday, notice front tyre pressure 18 psi?
    Doesn't seem a lot to me, I guess it's right if it's in the owners manual?

Thoughts?
    Things may be a bit different in Australia. A lot of dealers say that non-BRP tires constitute a safety issue and therefore they will not mount them for you.

Here, some dealers will, some wont. There are a lot of way to get around the issue. My recommendation, to read a couple of the latest tire threads will give you some ideas.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Watch out..!!

There are hundres of tire related threads here. If your just picking up your spyder friday you will have time to read them all before you need new tires. Most if not all dealers will recomment the Kenda tires because they were designed for the spyder. They have worked well for many of us and I continue to use them. There was a production change for the 14 RT with the new engine and gearbox. That lot was short lived. They have since corrected the compound. There are many who feel that they are better off with car tires and there are many out there that work. You will not find many dealers that will install them but you can have it done at tire shops if you bring the the wheels.

I run 17 lbs up front and have seen some running 20 lbs. You have to find what suits you best but start with the recommended by can am and not the tire manufacturer...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black