Registered Users ScreaminMeanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Another heat issue recall success story!

Not that I've had mine long enough for the heat issue to become overly daunting, but, oh, what a difference there is!

Immediately I noticed the torque band is much broader. Feels a lot quicker all the way through the gears from 0-65. The shifting is noticeably smoother, too. Took it for about a 50-mile spin, both in town and highway, in 93*F temps. At no time did the glove box area become hot to the touch. The plastic panels over the glove box and in front of my legs remained only slightly above ambient temps throughout the ride, instead of being 20-30* warmer as they were before. The black seat, absorbing the sun, was noticeably hotter to the touch than any of the plastic parts wrapping the engine compartment. My lower legs didn't get warm at all, and my right foot stayed much cooler than I remember from the '09 RS-S I had previously (which I remember as being annoyingly hot). Basically, I was hot wherever the sun was hitting me directly, but the rest of me stayed perfectly comfortable.

Also, I love the look of the new scoops. I think it's a huge aesthetic improvement over the original design!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now can you can really get serious about enjoying your ride!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that you are another happy customer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Recall for?

Was the recall for the RT? I have a 13 RT-S that has the recall for the Heat issue but have not done it yet.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deecheff View Post
    Was the recall for the RT? I have a 13 RT-S that has the recall for the Heat issue but have not done it yet.
    Yes, all 2013 RTs, all models. Do it! 'Nuf said!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RTS

My dealer told me that the air scoops would not fit my 2014 RTs. From previous comments on this forum I thought they would fit.
    What are your thoughts.

Pat "EAGLE27"

2016 F3 Limited
    Ultimate drivers backrest, baja ron sway bar, LED headlights, Wolo horn, highway pegs from Pitfall, trailer hitch and 590 GPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They most certainly WILL fit!
    Dealers...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE27 View Post
    My dealer told me that the air scoops would not fit my 2014 RTs. From previous comments on this forum I thought they would fit.
    What are your thoughts.
    Show your dealer these pics of them installed on Louise 2015 RT-S. They fit fine and work VERY well.

Attached Images Attached Images

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I've put close to 4,000 mile on my RT and I agree with the OP. More torque, smoother shifting, better gas mileage and NO HEAT!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default My 2013 and wife's 2014 RT's

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE27 View Post
    What are your thoughts.
    They definitely fit on the '014 (my wife's '014 has them), and work just as well on it as they do on my '013.

Spyder Garage

Default Heat Mods

I too agree with the OP the recall made a huge difference on my 13 RT-S no more heat shield on the right leg!