Spyder Garage

Default What's your opinion of your F3 Cannonball Seat?

For those of you who have purchased the Cannonball seat.

I know it seems a bit over priced but cost is really not a factor. Just looking for your real world experiences.

Mahalo.
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

my dealer had one of these installed on his demo. He let me ride it to see if I liked the seat but was not that impressed. I am happy with the Stock seat on the F3s
    Last edited by Tazzel; 07-25-2015 at 11:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Corbin less expensive and much better comfort.
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikind7 View Post
    Corbin less expensive and much better comfort.
    I have the cannonball seat.i like the original better but it comes with a passenger seat that my wife likes better.
    the cannonball seat would fit a larger butt better than the original.
    so happy wife , happy life. I put up with the cannonball.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhammy View Post
    I have the cannonball seat.i like the original better but it comes with a passenger seat that my wife likes better.
    the cannonball seat would fit a larger butt better than the original.
    so happy wife , happy life. I put up with the cannonball.
    The sacrifices us guys have to make...eh?!

Spyder Garage

I tried the Cannonball seat at a demo event and don't know why they even bothered. I didn't check out the passenger difference because..well..I'm not riding as a passenger.
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Spyder Garage

Personally I always found the stock RS and ST seats very uncomfortable. I find Corbin too hard. Straight from the showroom to my garage my F3 was outfitted with the cannonball seat and backrests. I have to say I like it well enough. My wife finds her throne fine and has been on a few 100+ mile runs with me while her RS is in the shop and said she'd be willing to go further. Yes, it was way too expensive but I decided I was going to do all of my major upgrades through the dealer when I bought it and the stock seat was just too "meh".

Sam Mancuso
    2015 F3-S and 2009 RS
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all who replied.

The fact that so few have them speaks volumes.

Spyder Garage

I do have it, I do like it...

But it was part of the touring package and I don't think the little added comfort and the different stiching justify the high price of buying it separately...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Cannonball Seat

IMO it's marginally better but not worth the expense. I don't know if the Corbin is better but I do know if you get an Airhawk for about $200 and inflate it correctly for your comfort, being careful to not put a lot of air in it, it will perform better than the Cannonball.

Spyder Garage

I went with a Russel Day long saddle for my F3.

I test rode a Cannonball and it just was not all that much better than the stock seat. I did a gel insert in the stock seat and again, was better but could not ride more than a couple hours without significant discomfort.

I need to post some pics of my RDL but I am VERY happy with the way it looks and feels. Very high quality work too.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I have the cannonball seat, and again, it was purchased for the wife's comfort. what people have failed to tell you is that when you get a cannonball seat, the drivers seat is shorter (front to back) and the passenger seat gets elongated to a 2" or greater size. i'm only 5'10" and I have the fifth position linkage for brake and shifter. supposedly I should be riding the third position according to brp. that's how much further forward the cannonball puts you. not really impressed. if ultimate would get off their duffs and put one out there, i'd buy it! had one on the rss and loved it.

Spyder Garage

Default Cannonball seat

Quote Originally Posted by HIspyder View Post
    For those of you who have purchased the Cannonball seat.

I know it seems a bit over priced but cost is really not a factor. Just looking for your real world experiences.

Mahalo.
    I liked mine just fine. It is a bit stiffer than OEM, but is very comfortable. I took it off because I am using. Air hawk now, and it works fine with standard seat. I'm thinking about sellin mine for about $550

Ron

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    I have the cannonball seat, and again, it was purchased for the wife's comfort. what people have failed to tell you is that when you get a cannonball seat, the drivers seat is shorter (front to back) and the passenger seat gets elongated to a 2" or greater size. i'm only 5'10" and I have the fifth position linkage for brake and shifter. supposedly I should be riding the third position according to brp. that's how much further forward the cannonball puts you. not really impressed. if ultimate would get off their duffs and put one out there, i'd buy it! had one on the rss and loved it.
    I found a very good deal on eBay which I couldn't pass up, so I've been riding with the cannonball for about 3 months now. I purchased the seat mostly for my wife's comfort as the stock seat has virtually no padding for passenger comfort.

I didn't notice any loss of legroom so when I saw this post, I took some measurements and also rode a few miles with the stock seat reinstalled. After riding with the cannonball, I don't care for the stock seat anymore.

I took a reference point from the handlebar clamp to the back of the drivers seat at the bottom seam and as you can see the difference is only 1/4". The cannonball drivers seat is a bit stiffer and is most definitely wider in the seating area, which I like because it lets be slide back and forth when I lean in on hard fast turns. The passenger seat now has substantial padding for comfort and a nice ridge at the back as well.

I'm happy with it, both for my riding style and my wife's comfort.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HIspyder; 12-13-2015 at 01:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

I would like to move an inch or so closer to the handlebars and for a minute or so thought that maybe the cannon ball seat would do the trick. If it only moves me a 1/4 inch or so for the price probably won't be cost effective. The cannon ball seat sure seems pretty pricy to try on a whim.

Somewhere I read there was a company that could re do your seat that would move you closer but can't for the life of me remember where I read it. Since my F3 is in hibernation mode right now I could send the stock seat off.

Thanks for posting the pictures with the tape measure. That helps a lot!!
    Last edited by Mike Ard; 12-15-2015 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Add thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ard View Post
    I would like to move an inch or so closer to the handlebars and for a minute or so thought that maybe the cannon ball seat would do the trick. If it only moves me a 1/4 inch or so for the price probably won't be cost effective. The cannon ball seat sure seems pretty pricy to try on a whim.

Somewhere I read there was a company that could re do your seat that would move you closer but can't for the life of me remember where I read it. Since my F3 is in hibernation mode right now I could send the stock seat off.

Thanks for posting the pictures with the tape measure. That helps a lot!!

Russel can do that. Was one of the options when I ordered mine.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Anyone know if a 2015 will fit a 2020 F3 Limited?

Spyder Garage

I have the cannon ball seat but I only use the passenger seat...I think ive only used the driver seat a couple of times and went back to the original because it was more comfortable...I agree with the panel its not worth the expense and the comfort of the front seat is only marginal..