Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Limited or Special?

Hi all, I'm new here and looking to get my first Spyder. I've been watching them for some time now and think they have finally perfected it enough to consider purchasing. I'm torn between the Limited and the Special and would like to hear the pro and con to both? Also, what should I expect to pay for a brand new one? I see the MSRP for these two are 30k and 29k for the base models. Thanks for any comments!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you talking about the RT model?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThresholdOne View Post
    Hi all, I'm new here and looking to get my first Spyder. I've been watching them for some time now and think they have finally perfected it enough to consider purchasing. I'm torn between the Limited and the Special and would like to hear the pro and con to both? Also, what should I expect to pay for a brand new one? I see the MSRP for these two are 30k and 29k for the base models. Thanks for any comments!
    I'm looking also and the best price on a Special I've found is right under $22k and on a limited is about $24k.

Spyder Garage

They are both the same 's as far as mechanics go. Differences in trim and colors offered between the flavors is what makes the MSRP's a bit different.

Both are pretty close in trim levels.

Prices are all over the board right now because model year is coming to the end. The more searching you do, the better the results.

You can go to the BRP web page and do a comparison of both flavors. The nuances are there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Which trim and color do you like best? Chrome or no chrome? GPS and a suitcase or not? Short tinted windshield or regular?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThresholdOne View Post
    I bought the 2015 RT-SS special edition and my friend of mines in Arkansas Joe he bought the RT-L. I absolutely love my special edition of course I also love Joe's here's a picture of both of them side-by-side we're hoping they would get together and produce a baby F3 but that didn't happen. The RTL comes with the GPS which is a great option. The new 2015 is a fantastic machine you'll absolutely love it I'm having the time of my life on my. This is my second RT I traded my 2012 RTL in for the 2015. The choice is yours but whatever choice you make you'll be satisfied I'm sure.

ToM
    Life is Great
    Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is Great
    ToM

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Which trim and color do you like best? Chrome or no chrome? GPS and a suitcase or not? Short tinted windshield or regular?
    Functionally; they're the same.

It's the appearance of the package, that should guide your decision.

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

If possible, I would test drive both of them in a variety of conditions. It seems that several people with the shorter windshield complained about excessive wind buffeting at speed. If you are a taller rider, then I would think that the shorter windshield would be less advantageous. Both others have said they are essentially the same Spyder.

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    If possible, I would test drive both of them in a variety of conditions. It seems that several people with the shorter windshield complained about excessive wind buffeting at speed. If you are a taller rider, then I would think that the shorter windshield would be less advantageous. Both others have said they are essentially the same Spyder.
    I installed the F3 brand windshield on my RT-SS that I removed from my old 2012 RTL. I didn't like the shorter windshield.

ToM
    Life is Great
    Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM