Spyder Garage

Default Test ride a F3 what a blast!!!

The dealer in Ruckersville Virginia encouraged me to test ride a F3 while waiting for an oil change for my 2014 RT (I got the RT a year ago this last June). What a blast. I only had my shorty helmet with me and of course the F3 had no windshield. Lots of wind, loved it. The bike is much lower than the RT which feels more like a motorcycle. Just throw your leg over and go. The exhaust sound got me all pumped up while going through the gears. It must be lighter than the RT because it felt like it was a lot faster. It also felt better on the curves (not sure if it has a different suspension). Ruckersville Virginia is right at the base of the Blue Ridge mountains, so it a beautiful place to ride. I got a bunch of looks from the automobile drivers (what's this old guy doing riding a hot rod)? The best oil change wait I've ever had. If you RT owners want a good rush and a heck of a flow of adrenaline, test drive a F3 if you get a chance.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by byker View Post
    The dealer in Ruckersville Virginia encouraged me to test ride a F3 while waiting for an oil change for my 2014 RT (I got the RT a year ago this last June). What a blast. I only had my shorty helmet with me and of course the F3 had no windshield. Lots of wind, loved it. The bike is much lower than the RT which feels more like a motorcycle. Just throw your leg over and go. The exhaust sound got me all pumped up while going through the gears. It must be lighter than the RT because it felt like it was a lot faster. It also felt better on the curves (not sure if it has a different suspension). Ruckersville Virginia is right at the base of the Blue Ridge mountains, so it a beautiful place to ride. I got a bunch of looks from the automobile drivers (what's this old guy doing riding a hot rod)? The best oil change wait I've ever had. If you RT owners want a good rush and a heck of a flow of adrenaline, test drive a F3 if you get a chance.
    I did the same thing waiting for my 1st service to be done. The dealer was putting on a hotdog/hamburger lunch as well.

Spyder Garage

No thanks! I don't want to get the "I wants" for another year or so!

Spyder Garage

Some of the dealers are getting smarter. Beware!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So... How tempted ARE you???
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default F-3

Quote Originally Posted by byker View Post
    We have Congac, RT 2014, we went to Spyderfest in Springfield, Mo. did take test ride on F3-S. Had to get one, dealer cut $3k off. I have had it 2 months now, my "wife" loves having her own Spyder and now I hate it when I have to ride the RT.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sue & Mike
    RTS-SE6 Limited (Congac)
    Hot Springs Village, Ar.

Billet Spyder license plate, grip buddies, Shortee antenna, XM Radio, air deflectors, cb radio, sheepskin seat cover.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nice picture!
    And some REALLY nice bikes!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Nice picture!
    And some REALLY nice bikes!
    I was at Coyote Powersports in Boerne yesterday after having a little work done on my 2010 Spyder RT. They absolutely LOVE you taking test rides on the F3 demo they have AND the 2015 RTs! I, of course, refused and took a test ride on a used 2012 RT-S they have in stock; mainly because it has a heated Corbin with driver backrest and the passenger had the wrap arm rests/cup holder and the spider stitching. I WILL NOT get on a 1330 bike and test ride until I can afford it otherwise I will end up financing the difference. Brandon the service manager has my name written down for the first 14 RT-S SM6 used that they take in trade. My next purchase will be with Coyote for sure. By the way, it was easy to not like the 2012 as it didn't have the BajaRon sway bar or Elko shocks my 2010 does and the 2010 feels transformed by comparison. I almost forgot what it was like to wallow hehe. The 2012 was the proper color though... that red with a hint of orange... lordy I have a hard time saying no to any RED (or BRG) bike!

PS: I like my stock saddle far better than the Corbin which didn't provide much inner thigh support for sporty cornering and I slipped all over the thing.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5

Spyder Garage

Default Just dreaming

Bob Denman
    So... How tempted ARE you???

Bob, It sure would be fun to have two Spyders, but I'm now on a retirement budget. When I retired from the Nuclear Power Plant last year the 2014 Spyder RT was sort of a retirement gift to myself. I had been saving for it for a few years. I may test drive another F3 at the other local dealership if I can get away from the house. I will say there for a few minutes I thought I was back on my big Yamaha Roadstar. It would really look good sitting in the garage next to the RT. The RT would probably only be used when the wife and I rode together if I purchased an F3. The test ride was for about an hour and I couldn't get the big smile off my face for the whole day. It looks way better to me also.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It sounds as if you were more tempted, than you wanted to be!

Spyder Garage

There is a lot of that temptation going around. I test sat, but did not fire up the engine. I also turned down a test drive. The pills are working. The pills are working.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So many bikes... so little garage space!

Spyder Garage

I sat on one a week ago, and to be honest, I think my back issues would flare up with the feet forward sitting position. I like my feet under me I guess. I'm pretty sure I could tolerate a little rip for a test ride though...LOL Giddy Up!
    2016 RTS , Pearl White