Thread: go pro mounting

Spyder Garage

Default go pro mounting

Ok folks I must be retarded because the search function never gets me what I'm looking for. I just got a go pro hero 3 and I have the JT mount on the dash. I know there was a whole thread on mounting but for the life of me I can't locate it. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I what to connect it to the JT dash mount but need to figure out what all I'll need to complete the project. Thanks in advance.
    Caution:When you argue with an idiot,You have to lower your standards and then you get beat by their experience

Spyder Garage

You'll need one of these to go from the gopro to a RAM arm to JT's thingy:
    http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-gop...-hol-gopr.html

and here's an example of a RAM arm (they are various lengths):

http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-med...am-b-201u.html

I get my stuff from gpscity.com.
    Last edited by wyliec; 07-19-2015 at 05:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

http://www.google.com/#q=gopro+mount...yderlovers.com

This link will take you to a bunch of spyderlovers.com threads on mounting the GoPro.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTDOC View Post
    Ok folks I must be retarded because the search function never gets me what I'm looking for ..... I know there was a whole thread on mounting but for the life of me I can't locate it.
    Probably because go is 2 letters and pro is 3 letters. The search function on this site, and others that use the same forum s/w, will not search on words less than 4 letters. In that case Google works good. Try a search like this using Google: go pro mount site:spyderlovers.com

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Here's what JT did; I have the parts listed above:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...l=1#post825837

gopro is 5 letters, and when you type in "gopro+mounting" in the advanced search here, you get the link above.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTDOC View Post
    Ok folks I must be retarded because the search function never gets me what I'm looking for. I just got a go pro hero 3 and I have the JT mount on the dash. I know there was a whole thread on mounting but for the life of me I can't locate it. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I what to connect it to the JT dash mount but need to figure out what all I'll need to complete the project. Thanks in advance.

I have the jt dash mount and tried the gopro on it and it worked great. The problem for me was too many bugs hit the windshield. Had the same problem when I had it mounted behind the windshield on my 2 wheeler. So I just used one of the adhesive mounts on top of the mirror on my rt and it works great. Was worried about it coming loose or off. No problems so far and have used it on many trips so far. I seldom have a bug hit the camera lense on the gopro, unlike the windshield. I also installed a couple of power plugs on the speaker covers and run power to the camera in good weather. I still use the jt mount for my gps with an X mount.

Spyder Garage

Every one!!!!! Thanks for the info the part is on order.
    Caution:When you argue with an idiot,You have to lower your standards and then you get beat by their experience