Thread: windshield ....

Spyder Garage

Default windshield ....

does anybody already have an opinion on the Madstad v s. F4 shield? an honest opinion. not a promo please. I am 5 foot 7 inches , ride mostly 2 up. thanks.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Love my Madstad one

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I dont like either one. I went with the BRP BR with an tour x-creen extention. Made a huge difference.

Spyder Garage

Default windshield ....

I went with the Blue Ridge and x-creen sport. Lovin it! I simply did not like the look of the madstad even though I loved the one on my RS.

Sam Mancuso
    2015 F3-S and 2009 RS
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Spyder Garage

I.m not liking the looks of Madstads or F4s offerings. Mountings looks tossed together from Home Depot...
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Spyder Garage

Default Madstad vs Blue Ridge

I ordered a Madstad when I found that Blue Ridge did not keep the wind from buffeting my head. Honestly, the Madstad works but I don't like the looks or the way it wobbles with it's cheap mounting system. I'm seriously thinking of going back to the Blue Ridge and getting the x-creen tour.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ca8920 View Post
    I ordered a Madstad when I found that Blue Ridge did not keep the wind from buffeting my head. Honestly, the Madstad works but I don't like the looks or the way it wobbles with it's cheap mounting system. I'm seriously thinking of going back to the Blue Ridge and getting the x-creen tour.

The Blue Ridge with x-creen is solid, no wobble

Spyder Garage

I added the x-Creen Sport to my Blueridge... No-doubt a significant difference in buffeting, but not
    a total solution. (I will add that I've not yet explored all of the variations for the angles and such on
    the X-Creen). I did it with Clamp-On 1st, and liked it so much, swapped and used the bolt-on pkg that
    comes with the unit. (A side comment that, the template they give can be used BUT, must be at a lower
    position on the BlueRidge due too the top flipped angle. Tool a little time to get that just right).

You need to use the bolt-on mounts on the first availability of "flat" on the screen, which I did by
    placing some painters tabe on the screen, carefully sliding the bolt-on backers down the front of
    the screen and using my thinnest feeler gauge. If it could slide under NO. If it could not, that is
    the place! (I can measure how far down it was on my screen). I bet I spent 1hr just making it the
    perfect place to put the template. (Measure once, twice...90x, and drill ONCE)

The X-Creen, when mounted with the bolt-on option looks like it is made for the BlueRidge.
    2015 F3-S SE6 (Rorange)w/BlueRidge windscreen, +2 UFIT, pass backrest, pass floorboard, CrossCountry Saddlebags, BajaRon sway w/links, BANDC 12v under seat, BANDC USB left of key plug, GripPups, x-Creen Sport, 2-Up Rear

2008->
    Victory Vision Tour Premium
    Ducati 900 SS Full-Fairing
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS1000-E (1st Tri-State Area)
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Suzuki GT550 (3Cyl 2-stroke Street)
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Trail 70 (1st year of hand clutch model)
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

I'm 6'1" the sport was too small. Tried the tour it's perfect. Rode 250+ miles yesterday and loved it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by one2doo View Post
    I'm 6'1" the sport was too small. Tried the tour it's perfect. Rode 250+ miles yesterday and loved it

That is excellent. (I think it was your previous review that the sport was just too small... and 100% agree that if
    someone wants the perfect solution, get the Tour like you did). The product really is nicely thought out and very
    well made IMHO. I was out for about 240m yesterday, and even the deflection with the Sport made the wind on
    the helmet... even for what did hit... MUCH quieter. I think with both, you have to fine that sweet-spot on the
    adjustments that works for you. It's pretty amazing how just 1-click of rotation makes a difference.
    2015 F3-S SE6 (Rorange)w/BlueRidge windscreen, +2 UFIT, pass backrest, pass floorboard, CrossCountry Saddlebags, BajaRon sway w/links, BANDC 12v under seat, BANDC USB left of key plug, GripPups, x-Creen Sport, 2-Up Rear

2008->
    Victory Vision Tour Premium
    Ducati 900 SS Full-Fairing
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS1000-E (1st Tri-State Area)
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Suzuki GT550 (3Cyl 2-stroke Street)
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Trail 70 (1st year of hand clutch model)
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How about a photo of the X creen tour attached on the BRP wind screen? I saw the standard one mounted on an F3 while in Deadwood (on a CO white F3-S): looked great!
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This post was one of the first to try the Tour x-creen with the Blue Ridge with posted pictures. After I saw it and it was getting good results I did the same setup and loved it.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-my-Blue-Ridge

Spyder Garage

Default problem is

Quote Originally Posted by ca8920 View Post
    I had the blue ridge AND the x-creen ( from my) Honda ncr) ,I am 5 foot 7, thought I get my head handed to me, it wads terrible on the Autobahn, around 85/90 was the max. No comparison to my st ltd

Spyder Garage

X-creen Tour. Used the clamp on method and see no reason to change it, very secure. Also went with the double pivot connection which gives you more adjustability. I'm sure the Madstad and F4 are functional but can't get past the appearance. Also as far as the F4 when you charge more than BRP does that's an issue.
    Rick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=hsteil;1009105]I had the blue ridge AND the x-creen ( from my) Honda ncr) ,I am 5 foot 7, thought I get my head handed to me, it wads terrible on the Autobahn, around 85/90 was the max. No comparison to my st ltd[/QUOT

was it a Tour or Sport x-creen big difference

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    How about a photo of the X creen tour attached on the BRP wind screen? I saw the standard one mounted on an F3 while in Deadwood (on a CO white F3-S): looked great!
    That may have been mine that you saw. I have the x-creen tour mounted on the BRP blue ridge windshield, with the single hinge clamp on. I'm considering switching to the double-hinge just to see how much more adjustable it is, but the single hinge mounting worked great for this trip.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Madstad

[QUOTE=hsteil;1008613]does anybody already have an opinion on the Madstad v s. F4 shield? an honest opinion. not a promo please. I am 5 foot 7 inches , ride mostly 2 up. thanks.[/QUOTE
    Started with Blue Ridge.....not enough wind control.
    Padded X-Creen....big help, but I wanted better for freeway speeds. Could've lived with just that if I had to.

Got Madstad-18".... I LOVE IT!...It is infinitely adjustable by varying height and tilt. You can go for maximum blockage of wind blast, or put it all the way down for lower speeds of touring and cruising. I like the way it looks like a floating "force field" leading me down the road. Ha. I'm 5'10""

Ron

Spyder Garage

Just ordered F4 customs 32 inch shield can't wait till it gets here. Jim

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    This post was one of the first to try the Tour x-creen with the Blue Ridge with posted pictures. After I saw it and it was getting good results I did the same setup and loved it.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-my-Blue-Ridge
    Thanks for the link!

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

I just finished a 2700 mile ride with the F4 windshield from KC to the Black Hills in South Dakota. I had the BLue Ridge windshield until last week.

I can finally hear my intercom and XM radio above 40 mph. I also talked to Don Frank at F4 on the Bluetooth while on I-90 Even up to 80 mph(which is legal in South Dakota). I can also read the highway signs at higher speeds too.

I had the finished windshield and nearly done hardware. I saw the other aftermarket windshield for the F3 and thought there was too much hardware. I saw everything on all our trips through the Black Hills area.

I am 6'1" and the 32" windshield was great! It was set to see over the top of the windshield. It is adjustable. Now onto a Pro PA sound system is next.

BobImageUploadedByTapatalk1437605684.362442.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default touring...

[QUOTE=Tazzel;1009168]
    Quote Originally Posted by hsteil View Post
    I had the blue ridge AND the x-creen ( from my) Honda ncr) ,I am 5 foot 7, thought I get my head handed to me, it wads terrible on the Autobahn, around 85/90 was the max. No comparison to my st ltd[/QUOT

was it a Tour or Sport x-creen big difference
    sorry for late reply. touring version.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rditsch View Post
    I just finished a 2700 mile ride with the F4 windshield from KC to the Black Hills in South Dakota. I had the BLue Ridge windshield until last week.

I can finally hear my intercom and XM radio above 40 mph. I also talked to Don Frank at F4 on the Bluetooth while on I-90 Even up to 80 mph(which is legal in South Dakota). I can also read the highway signs at higher speeds too.

I had the finished windshield and nearly done hardware. I saw the other aftermarket windshield for the F3 and thought there was too much hardware. I saw everything on all our trips through the Black Hills area.

I am 6'1" and the 32" windshield was great! It was set to see over the top of the windshield. It is adjustable. Now onto a Pro PA sound system is next.

BobImageUploadedByTapatalk1437605684.362442.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah sound like it worked out for you, glad your happy, I just cant stand the looks of it, plus I cannot afford to put another $500-$600 into another windshield and the x-creen solved the problem for me.