Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Every F3 has the Ufit system- but for the position of the bars or pedals to be moved you have to switch out the center of the bars and links on the controls. It's not an easy adjustment that can go between the different positions.

Sam Mancuso
    2015 F3-S and 2009 RS

Spyder Garage

I own an F3 (actually the wife does), the adjustment is easy and shouldn't take anyone more than about 15 minutes from beginning to end after the second time you do it. I have changed my wife's pegs and bars three times and anyone can do it and do it quickly and easily. What about the swap do you find difficult and time consuming?

Also, you misunderstood about my reference to the system. A number of dealers have an F3 on the showroom floor with the U-fit demo system installed. It allows the pegs and bars to be moved through their entire adjustment range quickly and easily. Here's a video of it in action:

Quote Originally Posted by qasamm View Post
    Every F3 has the Ufit system- but for the position of the bars or pedals to be moved you have to switch out the center of the bars and links on the controls. It's not an easy adjustment that can go between the different positions.

Sam Mancuso
    2015 F3-S and 2009 RS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thebrainn View Post
    I own an F3 (actually the wife does), the adjustment is easy and shouldn't take anyone more than about 15 minutes from beginning to end after the second time you do it. I have changed my wife's pegs and bars three times and anyone can do it and do it quickly and easily. What about the swap do you find difficult and time consuming?

Also, you misunderstood about my reference to the system. A number of dealers have an F3 on the showroom floor with the U-fit demo system installed. It allows the pegs and bars to be moved through their entire adjustment range quickly and easily. Here's a video of it in action:
    Sorry, I misunderstood. Still, you can't adjust anything on the fly and changes require the appropriate links and bar. I have switched between handlebars and it is fairly quick. Just not something practical to do when switching pilots on the F3.

Sam Mancuso
    2015 F3-S and 2009 RS

Spyder Garage

Very true. While possible, I wouldn't want to do a roadside swap. I actually mentioned to my wife a while back that it would be nice if you could adjust at least the pegs on the fly. We both agreed that it would likely be a small portion of F3 owners who would use this feature. Most will change it to their desired position and it will never move after that. I may fabricate an adjustable brake linkage that would be on the fly adjustable (roadside but without disconnecting the linkage), but again, I don't see it being something many others would want.

Quote Originally Posted by qasamm View Post
    Sorry, I misunderstood. Still, you can't adjust anything on the fly and changes require the appropriate links and bar. I have switched between handlebars and it is fairly quick. Just not something practical to do when switching pilots on the F3.

Sam Mancuso
    2015 F3-S and 2009 RS