Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Question PROBLEM: Need Help Changing Headlight

I have a 2012 RS SE5. The Headlights will not come on. Fog lights work fine as well as turn signals, brakes etc. I change out the fuse underneath the seat. I have removed the front cluster and the housing cap for the bulb. However I cannot figure out how to detach the bulb so that I can insert the replacement. The manual says: "Remove the bulb by releasing both clips with a small flathead screwdriver." I am unable to find the clips that it's referring to. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

Have you check the relay in the fuse box? I know my 2011 has a relay, I imagine the 2012 does as well. It could be loose or even bad.

Jim

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jimsturges View Post
    Have you check the relay in the fuse box? I know my 2011 has a relay, I imagine the 2012 does as well. It could be loose or even bad.

Jim
    Thanks for your reply Jim. To answer your question, no I haven't checked the relay. To be honest I'm not sure where it is even located. This is my 1st attempt to do any sort of mechanical adjust on my bike. I was able to follow the manual and access the headlight housing. The problem is trying to access the connector to get it to turn counterclockwise so I can release the bulb itself. It's a tight fit trying to get my fingers in there. A buddy of mine seems to agree with you that it's strange that both headlights would go out at the same time, Instantly. I took it to get serviced a while back but didn't know the lights weren't working until I went on a ride and a buddy told me they weren't on. Its possible the dealership may have knocked something lose. Can you let me know where the relay is? In the mean time I'll see if I can locate it thru the manual.

Spyder Garage

Again, not sure if the 2012 is the same but if you open the frunk there is an additional fuse/relay box on the left side. I would check those and make sure they are all tight. Your owners manual should tell you the exact location. As for removing the bulbs, I can't help you there, I've not yet tried to remove one. Good luck!

Jim