Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

YOu have NO idea how long I've been keeping this one in my hip pocket...waiting for just the right time!
    Bob Can you give us a little hint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's me; all dressed-up for my Junior Prom!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default paste it into chrome... = 1327 cc.

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    81 x 2.54 x 2.54 x 2.54, whatever that is! I'm too lazy to punch the numbers into a calculator!
    so I would guess a 1330 engine size
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Default wasnt there a teaser in the 2015 catalog about a hybrid?

I can easily see an electric or hybrid RS.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Default Colors for the 2016 Spyder ????????????????????

What colors does everyone think that the 2016 RT Spyders will be???????????

I hope the colors will be eye catching.
    We will have to wait and see.
    Come on Friday 31st. I am curious
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I would like to see a $3,000-$4,000 Rebate on ALL 2015 Spyder Models so the dealers Don't have to Pay Interest on All the ones that sit in the dealership ALL winter? Less than that and I will keep what I have!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    What colors does everyone think that the 2016 RT Spyders will be???????????

I hope the colors will be eye catching.
    We will have to wait and see.
    Come on Friday 31st. I am curious
    Deanna
    How about a true Orange/White combo OR a Turquoise/White combo?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I would like to see a $3,000-$4,000 Rebate on ALL 2015 Spyder Models so the dealers Don't have to Pay Interest on All the ones that sit in the dealership ALL winter? Less than that and I will keep what I have!
    I was at a dealership last week and they were offering a $4K discount on 2015 RTs that were in the upper end of the model line up and $3K in the lower end. RIGHT NOW. A $28K MSRP dropped to $25K still keeps a new one out of reach.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5

Spyder Garage

I would think the main attraction is probably going to be a variation of the F3, something along the lines of an F3 Special Edition with unique paint and accents or even an F3 Limited that comes decked-out and factory equipped with the windshield, saddlebags, footboards, chrome, and maybe a stereo. If you want it to appeal to Harley guys at Sturgis, you gotta' throw some chrome on it. They won't call it a "touring" model to step on the toes of the RTs, you will see "Special Edition" or "Limited" badges instead. Just don't think they would go as far as having a "Sturgis Special Edition", but who knows. Maybe they could get somebody like ZZ Top to ride one up on stage, that might open up some eyes?

Past that, think "Spark" like what BRP did with their PWC line-up and the Spark. Drop a 900 ACE into a new-styled RS and we have just "Sparked" the Spyder entry-level buyers. Have to get riders on the brand, maybe at a low-profit sale to begin with, get them addicted and then upsell them. Kind of investing in the future.

My vote would be for an ST with a 1330 ACE engine. We have four distinct riding positions (ergonomics) so those who say the F3 will kill the ST are wrong because the ST is a unique riding position, and the best one out of the four for taller riders. If they come with an ST 1330 I will buy one immediately and max out the warranty.

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I keep wondering if they'll drop it right down to the ACE 600?
    If they re-task the RS as an entry-level bike; I would think that 60 horsepower would get the job done nicely...

Spyder Garage

I'm heading out in the morning for Sturgis and Joan and I will be there with BRP for the unveiling. Time is 1:00 pm at 4th and Main downtown Sturgis on Friday the 31st. We're right across the street from the Police Station and the One Eye Jack. Hope to see you there but either way we will post pics here and on Facebook as soon as we can.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not even a teeny-tiny little hint for us?
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 07-28-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I'm heading out in the morning for Sturgis and Joan and I will be there with BRP for the unveiling. Time is 1:00 pm at 4th and Main downtown Sturgis on Friday the 31st. We're right across the street from the Police Station and the One Eye Jack. Hope to see you there but either way we will post pics here and on Facebook as soon as we can.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I keep wondering if they'll drop it right down to the ACE 600?
    If they re-task the RS as an entry-level bike; I would think that 60 horsepower would get the job done nicely...

Power to weight ratio would be the issue. If it was a 600 ACE (60 HP) then it would be a smaller, lighter platform altogether. If the RS was to stay full-sized, then the 900 ACE (90 HP) would be more logical. I just don't know about the whole less expensive angle here. I don't see that as the primary objection from potential buyers. Look at what is sold now and what the owners are doing to them, what kind of rig are they creating? Look at what people are doing to their F3s right now - that should be our best indicator. This is what steered the RT from what people were doing to their GS/RS models right from the start.

I keep coming back to the question of who they are trying to sell units to - the current group of us Spyder owners, or that great big aging demographic that is on two wheels right now. That is the nut they so desperately want to crack open. We have already bought into the 3-wheel thing, so we are not the main target. How do they make a Spyder "cool" and "desirable" to the masses? How do you make it horny and lusty, something that people want worse than anything else? That is the multi-million dollar question here.......thus, with an intro at Sturgis it has to be something that will appeal to THAT demographic.

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're right... (Again! )
    "Parts Bin" engineering would suggest that they'd use the existing chassis, and they'd need more strength in the engine bay for that...

...just thinkin' out loud...

Spyder Garage

This does keep getting more interesting as Friday approaches. I guess I am lucky. By the time I come online at about 9:00 AM--the announcement will be waiting for me to read.

Does the person who guessed the scenario correctly get a new one?? That would sure be a nice gesture.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledmaster View Post

I keep coming back to the question of who they are trying to sell units to - the current group of us Spyder owners, or that great big aging demographic that is on two wheels right now.
    The original inception of the spyder was (I thought) for that great big aging demographic that was on or used to be on 2 wheels. Yes, I know that not everyone that purchased fit into that one category. How is the current aging demographic any different than what it was in 2007/2008 when the spyder debut?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledmaster View Post
    Power to weight ratio would be the issue. If it was a 600 ACE (60 HP) then it would be a smaller, lighter platform altogether. If the RS was to stay full-sized, then the 900 ACE (90 HP) would be more logical. I just don't know about the whole less expensive angle here. I don't see that as the primary objection from potential buyers. Look at what is sold now and what the owners are doing to them, what kind of rig are they creating? Look at what people are doing to their F3s right now - that should be our best indicator. This is what steered the RT from what people were doing to their GS/RS models right from the start.

I keep coming back to the question of who they are trying to sell units to - the current group of us Spyder owners, or that great big aging demographic that is on two wheels right now. That is the nut they so desperately want to crack open. We have already bought into the 3-wheel thing, so we are not the main target. How do they make a Spyder "cool" and "desirable" to the masses? How do you make it horny and lusty, something that people want worse than anything else? That is the multi-million dollar question here.......thus, with an intro at Sturgis it has to be something that will appeal to THAT demographic.

You are always spot on Sledmaster.

I do have a question for everyone though. Some of you talk of a lower priced "stripped down" Spyder as an entry level bike. I get that but everyone always says put a smaller motor in it. That's the part I don't get for two reasons.

Reason one being, would anyone really be happy (even the first time, low buck rider) with a smaller motor in the Spyder. The 990 is not blazing fast now and I'm not sure how much smaller you could go and still offer acceptable performance. Having used/ridden the 900 ACE in the BRP snowmobiles I for one would not even attempt putting it in a Spyder. It's only about 90hp (maybe) and in a 500 lb sled its does not offer decent performance at all. I hate to even image what the performance would be like in a heavier Spyder.

Second reason, is it really any cheaper to produce and install a 900 ACE than the current 990? The 990 has been around since day one and I have to believe its paid for itself many times over so continuing to produce and use them should be money in the bank.

I just don't see how using a smaller engine in a stripped down Spyder really saves BRP and therefore the buyer and $.

Spyder Garage

Looks like the package has been delivered

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I left my X-Ray glasses at home today...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELL

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    You are always spot on Sledmaster.

I do have a question for everyone though. Some of you talk of a lower priced "stripped down" Spyder as an entry level bike. I get that but everyone always says put a smaller motor in it. That's the part I don't get for two reasons.

Reason one being, would anyone really be happy (even the first time, low buck rider) with a smaller motor in the Spyder. The 990 is not blazing fast now and I'm not sure how much smaller you could go and still offer acceptable performance. Having used/ridden the 900 ACE in the BRP snowmobiles I for one would not even attempt putting it in a Spyder. It's only about 90hp (maybe) and in a 500 lb sled its does not offer decent performance at all. I hate to even image what the performance would be like in a heavier Spyder.

Second reason, is it really any cheaper to produce and install a 900 ACE than the current 990? The 990 has been around since day one and I have to believe its paid for itself many times over so continuing to produce and use them should be money in the bank.

I just don't see how using a smaller engine in a stripped down Spyder really saves BRP and therefore the buyer and $.
    Hi Rob....I agree with Sledmaster ( as usual ).......On the sno-mobile comparison thing tho.....The amount of friction and power loss needed to over-come it on a snowmobile is HUGH compared to what it takes to move a Spyder ....any Spyder.......and I think the engine from their basic Sea-Doo may be a better candidate for an entry Spyder.........I may be wrong but doesn't it have the Turbo ( or super-charger ) up-grade available For it ???????...........Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-28-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Looks like my key fob guess was wrong--unless you have a whole bunch to give out.

The expression on your signature picture says it all. Perfect for the situation.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

OMG
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

Bolt cutters, I need bolt cutters...! 😜

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage