Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Spyder Garage

This was NOT supposed to be the September Show Sooo how did we get convinced it was going to be?????
    All I Know is I got $$ BUT if the F3 is NOT Depreciated $3-4 Thousand by October 1st I will keep my 09GS and they can Pay the interest on that F3 I would have bought with that BIG Rebate till Spring!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    I bet H-D is laughing all the way to the bank????????????????????
    HD needs a good laugh after that huge recall that is underway for their bikes!

Spyder Garage

Once again BRP is out of touch with its customers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk
    2011 Pearl White RT Limited
    HMT Brake Light, Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Lights, GloRyders, Seal Floorboards, Powerlet 12V, Garage Door Momentary Button, Bump Skid, Elka's Stage 1, Ultimate Sea, Air Wings

Member of the Woodstock Spyder Ryders (Illinois)

Spyder Garage

I like how it looks but it isn't available with the SM6.

The 2016 Can-Am Spyder F3-S Special Series in Triple Black will feature the Can-Am Spyder performance-driven SE-6 transmission, and will be available in limited quantities starting in January 2016.
    I was worried my F3-S would be obsolete with the new announcement, so I am kinda glad it is just a graphics package.

I suspect selling (the idea of) an auto transmission vehicle to Sturgis bikers is like selling ice to Eskimos.

Spyder Garage

I actually thought the announcement was appropriate. Why would any hardcore Harley folk care about a new three wheeler? Frankly this is how the F3 should have been released (Meaning color/look/fit finish) originally. If anything at least they are making an effort, even if it is a year to late. They can build from it...

That F3 is the first one I would consider owning...

However, only SE6? That is silly...
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

and to think Lamont was part of this Fiasco ..........well I think you can make up your own minds on that one ........jmho....Mike [/QUOTE]

Lamont has no choice he is a paid ambassador for BRP....he has no say ....they tell him where to jump and where to travel to and he has to do it or throw the paycheck away....

Spyder Garage

The initial release from BRP (which seems to be changed now), stated that one new product from the 2016 lineup would be introduced.

Many were thinking that it meant a new product--not a new paint job. Therein lies the unhappiness.

A day has passed, I for one am going to let it go--life is to short. We do have an enthusiastic customer base here. Many were chomping at the bit to see the latest and greatest--myself included. This particular situation was a bit disappointing.

I guess we wait until September like in previous years.

What's another couple months? Just think of the extra interest your bank accounts will earn in a couple months. It can go towards the purchase of the latest and greatest.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default 2016

Disappointed with what the unveiling detailed, it was not my cup of tea.
    Perhaps it will boost BRP's spyder line with the two wheel crowd, time will tell.

What would really boost the spyder is more dealers who actively try to sell the line.

Stopped in at one dealer today and spent nearly an hour perusing the 9 spyders on their floor and no one even bothered to ask us if we needed help or had any questions.
    Sad with a floor full of product and all the sales staff were too busy chatting with each other to be bothered with customers. Not the first time this has happened and probably not the last time either.

Seems it may be harder than one may think to find a dealer to trade the 2010 for a 2015.
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

AK... I agree!
    After spending a day painting this ing house of ours; I'm ready to just get back in the saddle...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbirds View Post
    Disappointed with what the unveiling detailed, it was not my cup of tea.
    Perhaps it will boost BRP's spyder line with the two wheel crowd, time will tell.

What would really boost the spyder is more dealers who actively try to sell the line.

Stopped in at one dealer today and spent nearly an hour perusing the 9 spyders on their floor and no one even bothered to ask us if we needed help or had any questions.
    Sad with a floor full of product and all the sales staff were too busy chatting with each other to be bothered with customers. Not the first time this has happened and probably not the last time either.

Seems it may be harder than one may think to find a dealer to trade the 2010 for a 2015.
    There is a lot of that going around. I talked with a person who stopped us on the street to ask questions about our 's. He had been to the dealer that I do not support, spent 30 minutes looking over 's and could not get anyone to help him.

Another sale lost by non-caring sales personnel. Texting and lunch are so much more important.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I really like the paint job quite a bit. If I didn't already own a spyder I "might" consider it. However, it's not something I'd trade into. Now, throw 35+ more hp at it as a limited edition and I'll swing by the dealer with cash......no joke.
    Come on brp...give us some real power!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

This one wasn't for us - this was an excuse to show off the F3 to a group that is primarily two wheeled who might want one. They needed something to announce, so they picked a paint color.

Here is what I think we know and many of us can likely agree on:

The F3 is the most likely model to appeal to the people at Sturgis. Unless there is a radical re-design of another model, the F3 is the bike to promote.

The F3 was just introduced and isn't going to get any real upgrades in its second year.

You get more attention with an introduction than by showing what you already have - they needed an event of some kind.

So, play with the color and use it as an excuse to get people to look at what you already have that many of them haven't really taken much of a look at yet. This is really an introduction of a model that's been on the streets for six months, not of something six months away. As they used to say about repeats on NBC, "It's new to you!"

That's it - we wait for September (and for many of us keep what we have though several more of the new model year introductions).
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    There is a lot of that going around. I talked with a person who stopped us on the street to ask questions about our 's. He had been to the dealer that I do not support, spent 30 minutes looking over 's and could not get anyone to help him.

Another sale lost by non-caring sales personnel. Texting and lunch are so much more important.
    Possibly 2 sales they had a 2015 ST Limited in blue the wife said we should trade our ST for. That in addition to a 2015 RT-S to replace the 2010 RT

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Major upgrades are coming???

Good luck; please let us know how the negotiations conclude!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black