Thread: wont start

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default wont start

2015 RT-L wont start, I am sure I wont get a response today, because all you guys and gals are out enjoying a ride, and I am stranded in my house. I rode it yesterday worked fine. Go get on it today and The gauges cycle on the dash, lights on dash work, but the computer screen in between the gauges does not come on. also the head lights do not come on. Not sure if they come on though without the bike running. Anybody else have this similar problem???? Thanks for your help.

Spyder Garage

Take a look at the kill switch. Many times it is the culprit.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

the headlights come on when the bike starts. is the kill switch on. any messages come on the screen, is the bike in gear and have you tried stepping to start it and lastly did you take the key out of the bike and walked away for a lil than tried it again. this is a start till the smarter spyder people try and help you
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Battery is good had that tested, kill switch is on, my digital screen does not come on so not sure of codes. Have taken the key out of the ignition but not walked away, cause I want to ride .

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Problem solved...Well?

Went out put battery in after having it checked, pulled the key out of the ignition walked away,(for a minute or two) with key in hand. Got back on put key in ignition and it started up. Although it did not ask me to read safety card. got going out the driveway and noticed no digital reading yet. put it back in the garage, shut it off waited ~5 minutes turned the key back on and now the digital dash and radio start working. So problem solved ???? I don't know for sure.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

could be worse, the springs on my garage blew apart last night, can't open it. waiting for repairman to come on mon. or tue.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Pull the red chord and open it by hand? We cant be in these perdiciments