Spyder Garage

Default Installing a CD player

I'd like to be able to listen to CDs on my RT. Is there info somewhere about how to do that? I know that there is a 12v jack and an audio jack in the rear trunk...so maybe this is easy? Remote control would be handy but not totally required.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SailnDive View Post
    I'd like to be able to listen to CDs on my RT. Is there info somewhere about how to do that? I know that there is a 12v jack and an audio jack in the rear trunk...so maybe this is easy? Remote control would be handy but not totally required.

Why use obsolete technology?

Just buy a used IPod on Ebay or Amazon and load all the CD's on it. The added benefit is that you can then use the technology on your RT sound system to control your music playlists. Can Am has included the stuff you need to just plug and play.

I have over 9,000 songs on this old IPod and am using only half of its' 120 GB of memory.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

On or about page 39 of the RT manual there's information about audio devices and connections. If you have a portable CD player that will accept the audio cable provided, you can try connecting it to your RT and playing it via the "Aux" option on the menu screen. If it works, you will only be able to control the volume from the handlebar cluster. I have no idea if it will work but if you're dead set on a CD player (instead of newer technology) give it a try.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited