Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y-Ryder View Post
    Did the dealer have to keep the adjustable wings for you to get credit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Yes. Why would they give you money for something you bought and kept that could be used on other models? You can't sell them for full price used but you can get MSRP credit for them.
    Not sure about that. The install instructions direct the dealer to discard the wings. There's nothing in the recall instructions requiring the dealer to keep adjustable wings in order for us to get credit. The credit comes from BRP, not the dealer. I haven't gotten my credit yet. The dealer missed that part in the instructions. I had them discard them into my trunk so we'll see what the end result is. I figure I just as well keep them rather than sell them as I hope to buy a '14 or '15 RT this fall. They'll fit on it.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Gotta send them back.

My service manager originally told me I could have the wind deflectors back. But after he talked to BRP , he said he had to send them back. He said the reason was that BRP reimburses 100% for them even without the receipt. For that reason BRP does not want them resold – either by the customer or the dealer. If that's true, and I have no reason to believe that it isn't, I think it's a bit petty of BRP. Really, what are they going to do with all those used wind deflectors?

Other reimbursements are not reimbursed at 100%. in addition to the credit for the wind deflector's, I only got $250 credit against about $1500 in labor that I spent to previously remedy heat issues. And I had receipts for that. (Of course, the cat bypass was completely out of the question. )
    Last edited by robmorg; 07-20-2015 at 09:46 AM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Wings

When I had my recall work done, my dealer asked me if I wanted a full refund or store credit for the adjustable wings, good customer service IMHO.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyron View Post
    When I had my recall work done, my dealer asked me if I wanted a full refund or store credit for the adjustable wings, good customer service IMHO.
    Wow, that IS good customer service, on the part of your dealer. BRP handles the refund as a credit to the dealer's offset account. It's up to the dealer to decide how to handle it with the customer.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

I had my recall done last Summer and am well pleased with the look and function of the air scoop. My one question is : How is it removed? Just in case the need arises.
    2013 RT-S SE5

Custom Dynamics high mount brake light
    LED rear marker lamps
    LED rear facing mirror mounted turn signals
    Homemade bright aluminum barend caps
    Leather mud guards
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Show Chrome Smart Mount backrest
    Dash mounted power point
    Prosport Performance Digital volt gauge and Digital clock
    RAM MOUNT gps mount
    XM Radio
    Leather dash bag
    Grip Buddies

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob231 View Post
    I had my recall done last Summer and am well pleased with the look and function of the air scoop. My one question is : How is it removed? Just in case the need arises.
    The scoop comes off with the panel. The panel is removed in the normal fashion, EXCEPT there is a fastener under a small plastic cover on the inside edge of the scoop.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Default "a fastener under a small plastic cover"

Any chance anyone has a picture of this "fastener under a small plastic cover on the inside edge of the scoop"?

Pitbull added the '13 vents to my '12 RT back in October and I recently took them off the side panels for painting to match the Viper red body. All I had to contend with was (5) screws holding the vent assembly onto the side panel and then remove (4) more screws to disassemble the four parts of the vent assembly. All (9) of those screws were standard self tapping screws with a T20 Torx head.

What am I missing here? Did BRP produce more than one version of these vents? Inquiring minds want to know.

Mike in KY

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by metman View Post
    Any chance anyone has a picture of this "fastener under a small plastic cover on the inside edge of the scoop"?

Pitbull added the '13 vents to my '12 RT back in October and I recently took them off the side panels for painting to match the Viper red body. All I had to contend with was (5) screws holding the vent assembly onto the side panel and then remove (4) more screws to disassemble the four parts of the vent assembly. All (9) of those screws were standard self tapping screws with a T20 Torx head.

What am I missing here? Did BRP produce more than one version of these vents? Inquiring minds want to know.

Mike in KY
    Gray is referring to a machine screw that has to be removed in order to get the panel off. It's in the same place the lower mounting screw for the air deflector used to be. Obviously, if you took the panels off to have the scoops painted, you had to have removed that screw!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Gray is referring to a machine screw that has to be removed in order to get the panel off. It's in the same place the lower mounting screw for the air deflector used to be. Obviously, if you took the panels off to have the scoops painted, you had to have removed that screw!
    Yes sir, guess I didn't read his post carefully enough.

Mike in KY