Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Wiring Help

Looking to pull my Hannigan trailer with my RT so need help with the trailer to bike wiring.

I have the Can-Am wiring harness already attached to the RT with the 4 pin connector and the trailer have a 5 pin connector, the difference is the brake wire.

Bike side:
    Black - Ground
    Brown - Tail Light
    Green - RH brake/turn signal
    Yellow - LH brake/turn signal

The trailer side:
    Black - Ground
    Brown Tail Light
    Blue - RH turn signal
    Red - LH turn signal
    White - Brake

Questions:
    1) are the rear lights on the RT LED's, the lights on the Hannigan trailer are incandescence, if they are different not clear I can do a direct connection?
    2) the brake wire - trailer side, do I attach it to either the green or yellow or to both or ????? bike side.

Thanks!
    Kevin

Spyder Garage

The simplest solution is to rewire the trailer. Abandon the turn signal lights and split the left and right brake lights. That way you can use the brake lights as combination turn/brake.

Another option. There are converter modules available to convert the 4 wire back to 5 wire. You can try one of those wired into the trailer or made into an adapter.

Third option is to rewire the Spyder. I don't recall seeing one but they must exsist is a 5 wire isolator module. Get one and replace the 5 to 4 wire converter/isolator. That way you don't have to worry about the load of the trailer if hooked direct.

2018 F3 LIMITED