Spyder Garage

Default Garmin map update 4.20¿

Fyi for those that dont know, & quite a aggervation for me,the recent map update v4.20 will NOT install on device! Instead they are going to try & MAKE us download basecamp & amap installer, then maybe get it installed. The garmin came with my spyder. I did not shop for it & for them to tell me I have to is just ! I have emailed them & already got "are uou sure?" comments, like I have the problem... Yes im redneck no im not the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

You do need Garmin Express installer to do the update. Base Camp is also a good mapping program and appears to be necessary according to your pic. They are both free. Mine is a BRP Garmin also. Have had it since 2010. Never had a problem using Express or Base Camp.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 07-14-2015 at 11:45 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Default Thx

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    You do need Garmin Express installer to do the update. Base Camp is also a good mapping program and appears to be necessary according to your pic. They are both free. Mine is a BRP Garmin also. Have had it since 2010. Never had a problem using Express or Base Camp.
    thx & I have express that was required to start to use my gps to begin with. Glad for info on base camp but I have problem with not being treated as a customer but being told (child like)this is only way!... Rebel redneck in me . They didnt offer explanation or apolgy ..just do this .(kind of thing irks me) will keep update as I get info, 72hr reply time per garmin sight fyi. To help make customers wait
    Last edited by Bfromla; 07-15-2015 at 01:05 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post

Really ?
    I dislike Base Camp.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Also, I think my 660 firmware is up to ver. 5.10
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Really ?
    I dislike Base Camp.
    I don't find BaseCamp that easy to use and a Garmin tech agreed it's not. FWIW, there's an excellent bicycling route software package I've used for years called Ride with GPS that comes in a free version that allows exporting .gpx files you've created. I imported one to BaseCamp and it converted it to a route with my motorcycling profile.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default What did you do?

I have never seen this screen before and you don't need Basecamp to download a map. Start over again. Make sure you have the latest version of Garmin Express 4.1.3.0. Update by clicking on the gear symbol and check for updates.

The latest firmware is 5.10 and the latest map is 2015.4.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default IDK

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I have never seen this screen before and you don't need Basecamp to download a map. Start over again. Make sure you have the latest version of Garmin Express 4.1.3.0. Update by clicking on the gear symbol and check for updates. Will check into. Would be all too ez answer.

The latest firmware is 5.10 and the latest map is 2015.4.
    all I did was like I normally (but not often, last was b4 spyderfest) do to download map. Getting ready for trips & bam!
    Last edited by Bfromla; 07-16-2015 at 05:14 AM.

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

he latest firmware is 5.10 and the latest map is 2015.4v this is correct

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    all I did was like I normally (but not often, last was b4 spyderfest) do to download map. Getting ready for trips & bam!
    So did it work this time?

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default More info

Ok yes my express was out of date, few hours lost there & thanks to garmin support staying around till it was right Thx for all comments and hope others wont have same headache fyi got all fixed now. Just to confirm with dealer about lifetime maps i was told I had but garmin says my siral number is not¿ GPS is handy but thankfully this redneck dont "need" it as I can find my way. Even know how to fold maps
    Last edited by Bfromla; 07-16-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Ok yes my express was out of date, few hours lost there & thanks to garmin support staying around till it was right Thx for all comments and hope others wont have same headache fyi got all fixed now. Just to confirm with dealer about lifetime maps i was told I had but garmin says my siral number is not¿ GPS is handy but thankfully this redneck dont "need" it as I can find my way. Even know how to fold maps
    Take out the battery and look at the model number. If it is a Zumo 660 no free map updates. If it is a Zumo 660LM it has free lifetime map updates.

2018 F3 LIMITED