Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default C.H.A.D. windshield

Those of you that have the CHAD windshield what are your opions of it? I had one on order but canceled shortly before they came in. Do they do the lob as advertised? Does it look ok?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just fitted mine today but its 100deg F at the moment and 90% humidity so I am not going to get dressed up to try it out. I will sit in the pool till it cools off a bit.
    So far, brackets and screen look good quality wise. It certainly seems to have great hand coverage as well. It looks "different" and it may take me a while to get used to that but I will.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder13 View Post
    Those of you that have the CHAD windshield what are your opions of it? I had one on order but canceled shortly before they came in. Do they do the lob as advertised? Does it look ok?
    See http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8071
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default chad great

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    Just fitted mine today but its 100deg F at the moment and 90% humidity so I am not going to get dressed up to try it out. I will sit in the pool till it cools off a bit.
    So far, brackets and screen look good quality wise. It certainly seems to have great hand coverage as well. It looks "different" and it may take me a while to get used to that but I will.
    I'm with you Martin, but I fitted mine and road in 35 degree and 100% humidity. Did the highway run last weekend for Australia day weekend towing my Camper Trailer. Full protection from head buffeting, no back preasure, cool breeze on the body coming from under the screen, and better fuel economy. The C.H.A.D is the best, Alan from Oz.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

this may not be appropriate answer to this thread but if you are looking to get new windshield take a look at f1 slider.
    i think its a good compromise between a full touring fairing and a sport windshield. i ryde with slider down mostly and have slider up only on freeway. i had a slight problem with adjusting mechanism. it was bit sticky and i called f1 and marcel said he will ship replacement and said dont bother to sent current one back because it will cost alot to ship it back to him and i will have spare slider!!!
    now you can not ask more than for customer service when you buy things online.

slider does have hand protection as well

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default my CHAD

Quote Originally Posted by spyder13 View Post
    Hi my name is Alan from Queensland in Oz. I have a CHAD screen and have just done a 4550 kilomiter trip at speeds up to 130KPH towing a camper trailer though hot humid weather to cold weather and the screen worked fantastically. It also helped with fuel economy as it neutralizes itself as it is away from the bike. I have had many bikes, many screens, and 4 screens on My Spyder and the CHAD is by far the best, hope it helps, Alan from OZ.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by adrims View Post
    Hi my name is Alan from Queensland in Oz. I have a CHAD screen and have just done a 4550 kilomiter trip at speeds up to 130KPH towing a camper trailer though hot humid weather to cold weather and the screen worked fantastically. It also helped with fuel economy as it neutralizes itself as it is away from the bike. I have had many bikes, many screens, and 4 screens on My Spyder and the CHAD is by far the best, hope it helps, Alan from OZ.
    Thanks, everybody for the input.

I am on my third version of my second windshield, and am leaning toward the CHAD from all your positive remarks

Spyder Garage

I keep looking at these but I'm just not sure what it would take to make it look good to me. I cut my Cal Sci down 4" and painted it black on the back side and I like the looks of it but I wouldn't mind a little more rain and cold wind protection from time to time. Thought about rounding the corners up a bit and having real flames painted on the inside and then black over that. That may look good or it may be a very expensive experiment.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Thanks, everybody for the input.

I am on my third version of my second windshield, and am leaning toward the CHAD from all your positive remarks
    What does that mean? You keep cutting it down and it still isn't tall enough?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    What does that mean? You keep cutting it down and it still isn't tall enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    He cut it three times and it's still too short......
    Yeah, but I'm also getting older and so I am shrinking.

So I take a container of milk out of the fridge and take a gulp, but spit it out 'cause it's sour.

I look at the container and the expiration date reads "February 24th."

I shrug, put it back in the fridge and say, "Eh. Maybe it'll be better tomorrow..."

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Never know- maybe as we get closer to Feb 24 of next year it'll start improving.....

Have a safe and enjoyable trip to Niagra
    Thanks. Want a T-shirt?

"This guy I make fun of on a messageboard rode his motorcycle all the way to Niagara Falls with a too-short windshield, and all I got was this stupid shirt."

I think they have those in the more upscale souvenir shops...

Spyder Garage

Put one on W's a bit ago. Looks great (to us, anyhoo), like Spyders were designed for 'em. It is set for W (short), and I get smooth air off of it, can ride with my visor open, etc. W noticed on latest ride that she was getting a bit of buffeting (first run at high speed), so she adjusted it up a bit. Still pleased with the product!!
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

I don't think there is any comparison between the CHAD and the F1 slider. The CHAD is made of DOT approved polycarbonate and is a very professionally made product. The F1 is made of warped arcryllic that you can 'adjust' with a hair dryer.

I'm not sold on the looks of either, but the CHAD seems to be a much more professional product.

It's really hard to find the right balance between looks and function for a shield on the Spyder. I've tried F1, CalSci, and have a GIVI on order. The Calsci works pretty well. The F1 was crap. The GIVI looks really nice - I just hope it works as good as it looks!

I've never heard a CHAD owner give a negative review.

Spyder Garage

The CHAD is well made and does a great job up top, adjustable for almost any rider, and does a pretty good job at the hands too. Putting on the stock windshield to ride the 35 miles to the dealer for the warranty replacement showed me that the CHAD is likely go back on to stay. Looks are as good as you can get for any of these sails, better IMO than most. Another advantage was that I was able to adapt a RAM mount to one of the adjusting knobs to place the GPS in the center just above the instruments...very convenient!
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Another advantage was that I was able to adapt a RAM mount to one of the adjusting knobs to place the GPS in the center just above the instruments...very convenient!
    -Scotty

Scotty, when you can, I would love more information on the GPS mount on the Chad hardware. What you did, used, etc. Pic wouold be nice also.
    Juice
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjuice View Post
    Another advantage was that I was able to adapt a RAM mount to one of the adjusting knobs to place the GPS in the center just above the instruments...very convenient!
    -Scotty

Scotty, when you can, I would love more information on the GPS mount on the Chad hardware. What you did, used, etc. Pic wouold be nice also.
    Juice
    Pics in the Nancy's Mods section of my picture album here, and also in my post in the My Spyder Mods forum here. PM me in a couple of weeks when I get out of the hospital and my wife is also released, and I'll look up all the numbers. Can't do it from my hospital bed, I'm afraid.
    -Scotty