Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CHEMOTHERAPY

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post
    Mike after that post I'm really disappointed in you. Maybe you could ask some questions to clarify how much heat he is feeling? Maybe offer up a suggestion that might help him with his concern ? Maybe the chemotherapy he's having is effecting him ? Jmho

I am deeply sorry.......I guess I am the only one here WHO WAS NOT INFORMED ABOUT HIS " CHEMOTHERAPY ".....If everyone else knew this why wasn't I told ????????......Mike

Spyder Garage

Default INTERESTING COMMENT

Mike after that post I'm really disappointed in you. Maybe you could ask some questions to clarify how much heat he is feeling? Maybe offer up a suggestion that might help him with his concern ? Maybe the chemotherapy he's having is effecting him ? Jmho

My post irritates you ...............but jcthorne's is OK ..........................Hippocrite
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-12-2015 at 11:08 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default YOUR COMMENT

Quote Originally Posted by freebob View Post

Freebob
    My post irritates you.......but jcthorne's is OK..........................................anothe r Hypocrite
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-12-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default REALLY

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    What helpful advice. Reminds me of the keyboard bullies who post all over the internet. JMHO
    It doesn't appear that you even own a Spyder. Be that as it may. I do and it has the 1330 engine which doesn't have any HEAT issues unlike all the previous Spyders that have the " V - TWIN " engines.......His was the first post about a Temperature complaint of the nature He stated that I've heard of........If you have followed my posts about Spyders I am not an a**kisser in regards to their quality.....If BRP fails to deliver on Quality I'll be the first to bring that forward.....................However I am not going to be overly sympathetic to someone who feels the temperature should be 85 degree's and not 95 degree's......................Mike

Spyder Garage

Default SLIGHT ADJUSTMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    Mike, you are so full of it. There is a slight adjustment there....
    Yes I am full of it .....The truth that is...........I just went out and checked your claim.....If you really loosen the bolts, the latch can be pried forward with a screwdriver.....However when you re-tighten the bolts it goes back to the original position......the wheels do the same thing when you loosen the lug nuts they can be moved quite a bit but when you re-tighten them the wheels return to a locked in position......If you think this is BS go out and try it !!!!!!!.....................Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-13-2015 at 08:57 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    My post irritates you ...............but jcthorne's is OK ..........................Hippocrite
    Actually; JC was just pleased to be able to suggest that a 2013 RT MIGHT be a cooler ride.
    (Well; at least one that's had the recall modifications completed! )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm not complaining but..

My 2015 was very hot to ride over the weekend with temps in the high 80's to 90 degrees. Everything inside the glove box was really hot to the touch. I tend to hug the machine with my legs and the inner thigh area was pretty uncomfortable. First time I've ridden it in any heat and I was a little surprised but figured it was the nature of the beast. I can see where highway pegs might position you for some cooling in that area...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How are you dressing for your rides?
    And please don't tell me that you pull your pants on; "one leg at a time!"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Just remember: you can move the seat a fair amount... but not the latches.
    Someone mentioned that you're undergoing some medical therapies: that also may certainly be affecting what you feel, and The Best of Luck to you!
    Hmm I seem to remember you CAN move the latch pin to fit the latch. Wrong answer again
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...Just not the entire inch, that had been mentioned...

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    How are you dressing for your rides?
    And please don't tell me that you pull your pants on; "one leg at a time!"
    Bob I was wearing Jeans, alpinestars boots, a tee shirt with a Columbia SPF50 long sleeve over shirt for my normal concealed carry outfit. Shoei Neotech modular helmet with the front latched open for maximum airflow.

I am normally a ATGATT guy but it was just too damn hot.

I was comfortable EXCEPT for the nether region which was cooking from the HOT air emanating from around the glove box. I slid back..... spread em out on the highway pegs..... did everything I knew to do to make it better...... As stated the ambient was 96° F..... Heat index 105° F, Digital display of sensor in frunk said 98° F.

Gonna see what AJ my service writer at Big #1 says next time I take it in.... maybe there is something BRP can do for me and the others that have experienced this. And to those that haven't felt this..... you lucky bastards! We envy you.
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default But

That wouldn't be Mike, now would it!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

One persons tolerance to heat is not the same as anothers might be. No different than anything else. I cannot last four hours in the seat without a few breaks. I "Want" to go four straight hours...

At the end of the day all one can do is as others have suggested.

Make sure all the heat shields are in place
    Make sure there are no leaks
    Look for a foreign object that may have been picked up from the road re-directing the airflow (Happens all the time)
    Wear gear in preparation for the "Heat Generator" your sitting on top of/behind
    Pull over more often and see the scenery you never would otherwise see
    Sell it to me for $1 and I will suffer for you!
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

We cut out an old windshield sun cover to fit the area under the seat. Made a real difference. We used the one that has the aluminum reflecting material.

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dbaucum View Post
    We cut out an old windshield sun cover to fit the area under the seat. Made a real difference. We used the one that has the aluminum reflecting material.
    Brilliant..... I KNEW I kept you guys around for some reason...... THANKS.
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Yes, the fix is to sell it and get a 2013. Oh how I have been waiting to say that.......
    I hear ya.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Default I did and do!

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor35126 View Post
    Went for a nice ryde today.... Ambient temp around 95° F....... Had a flow of HOT air coming up from my glove box area..... REALLY uncomfortable after a while..... Does anyone else have this? Is there a fix for this from BRP? Any feedback appreciated.

TIA
    I have the same problem. Mainly notice when I'm riding and no wind moving around or across me. I know sounds weird but Guessing the wind must be just at the right speed and direction behind you to cause this vacuum space. if the air moves across or around you well it's not bad. Lots of heat coming from around the glove box. Looking for a solution as well. May try the 2013 fix with the scoops?
    2016 RTS Special Triple Black, BRP Freedom Trailer, Spyder Pops Rear Lighting Kit, Spyder Pops Full view Turn Signals, Trunk Light, Rivco Highway Pegs. Doc's Spring Tensioners, Trunk Organizer, Magic Mirrors, Foam Grips, back to Stock Windsheild, Lamonsters cat delete, Bajaron sway bar, More Farkles to come !!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor35126 View Post
    Brilliant..... I KNEW I kept you guys around for some reason...... THANKS.
    I'm glad to hear that there may just be a solution for you!

Spyder Garage

Ursamajor, I have had a few times when the area gets hot. Most often it is after some slow riding or maybe a short stop where the seat heat up also. Overall though, I think the BRP wind deflectors, do make a difference in really hot conditions since I am able to direct airflow towards that area.

We also have a Corbin seat and the joint is sealed well, no doubt making this less of an issue.

I do need to add though, there have been a few times that when riding I have opened the fuel filler door and like a scoop it puts cool fresh air under the seat, cooling it down. Not often but on smokin hot situations I have done this.

So if your Ultimate seat has a fuel door, possibly you could use this trick and if you don't have them, get the BRP wind deflectors. I have seen several sets sell used here recently for very good prices, or maybe someone has a set you could borrow with intentions to purchase or trade for something else.

Simply ideas.

PK

Spyder Garage

Wanted to add, you could remove the oem deflectors above the upper grilles, these are the clear plastic items. I have done that prior to getting the adjustable BRP ones. Once you remove the clear plastic parts, I thought I reinstalled the screws. Just do that carefully since they may be a touch too long with the plastic removed.

Also, the adjustable deflectors had to be removed from the 2013 RT's when they got the heat reduction upgrade to the bodywork, as I mentioned, maybe a kind sole will step up and offer a set they no longer can use for a fair deal.

PK

Spyder Garage

Default My wife ...

Calls it ....a clam bake !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    Lol Took me a second to get it, good one!
    2015 RTL , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post

Good for her, and her marvelous sense of humor!!

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I've got similar issues in that the glovebox of my 2014 could poach an egg. Ursa - get a small piece of bubble wrap or a stack of 6 or 7 paper towels (maybe 10" by 8"), lay it across the open glovebox area and close the lid. Makes a pretty effective temporary seal. If it stops the baking, I'll help you work on a more permanent seal with door edging (after the swaybar).

Or .. you could decide to ignore the issue. Your wife is pretty well done needing that stuff, right?
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Ho Hum