Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT Ltd.... Cooked crotch

Went for a nice ryde today.... Ambient temp around 95° F....... Had a flow of HOT air coming up from my glove box area..... REALLY uncomfortable after a while..... Does anyone else have this? Is there a fix for this from BRP? Any feedback appreciated.

TIA
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is a new one... Are you SURE that you didn't get a 2013???
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I know what you mean. It leaks from around the seams. More noticeable at highway speeds.

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You DO realize that there's an engine underneath all of the bodywork... you're gonna get a certain amount of heat; dress for it!

Spyder Garage

The last two hours of yesterday's ride the Spyder thermometer registered 102-107o. Ambient temp was in excess of 95. Everything was hot including glove box when I stopped to refuel. Never gave it a thought.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We've only gotten up around 90 so fa this year... Everything is cool and copacetic!

Spyder Garage

chestnuts roasting on an open fire

baker wings direct the air exactly where YOU want it
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Leaks...!!

Good time to check for leaks (exhaust and cat type) or missing heat shielding. There will always be some heat ...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor35126 View Post
    Went for a nice ryde today.... Ambient temp around 95° F....... Had a flow of HOT air coming up from my glove box area..... REALLY uncomfortable after a while..... Does anyone else have this? Is there a fix for this from BRP? Any feedback appreciated.

TIA
    How close are you sitting to the glove box? It will blow some warm air from around the door openings but really not noticeable..

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

....I'm sorry, if you have any Complaints about the 2014 RT and any HEAT issues. You should not be riding any motorcycle at anytime, anywhere.....Stay home, and watch TV or something.....There are NO perfect Motorcycles, and this is not a perfect world .....GET OVER IT....................................jmho.......M ike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-11-2015 at 10:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

The BRP adjustable vents will help move that hot air away, although i did not have that problem with my 14 and don't have it on my 15.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    ... Everything is cool and copacetic!

so that's how you spell that word C O P A C E T I C, thanks

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Talk mi foreteen ties too gut et write...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor35126 View Post

TIA

Yes, the fix is to sell it and get a 2013. Oh how I have been waiting to say that.......

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bravo!!!

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Seat Adjustment

You can make a slight adjustment with the two rear seat bolts. They are slightly slotted and will allow the seat to moved forward slightly. The way I know this, last year when I had to remove the seat to install a trailer hitch harness, when I put it back together I had more warm air coming up between the seat and the glove box. I loosened both bolts and shifted it slightly forward and it stopped about 90%. If you go too far the seat will not latch correctly, so tread carefully.
    I have been thinking for fall shifting the seat back so that I can get a little of that warmth on a cold ride......

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SLIGHTLY !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    You can make a slight adjustment with the two rear seat bolts. They are slightly slotted and will allow the seat to moved forward slightly. The way I know this, last year when I had to remove the seat to install a trailer hitch harness, when I put it back together I had more warm air coming up between the seat and the glove box. I loosened both bolts and shifted it slightly forward and it stopped about 90%. If you go too far the seat will not latch correctly, so tread carefully.
    I have been thinking for fall shifting the seat back so that I can get a little of that warmth on a cold ride......
    As in maybe 1/100 th of an inch, because the latch mechanism prevents any movement of the seat. It's fixed and not adjustable..................and I've tried .........Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....I'm sorry, if you have any Complaints about the 2014 RT and any HEAT issues. You should not be riding any motorcycle at anytime, anywhere.....Stay home, and watch TV or something.....There are NO perfect Motorcycles, and this is not a perfect world .....GET OVER IT....................................jmho.......M ike
    Mike after that post I'm really disappointed in you. Maybe you could ask some questions to clarify how much heat he is feeling? Maybe offer up a suggestion that might help him with his concern ? Maybe the chemotherapy he's having is effecting him ? Jmho

SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post
    Mike after that post I'm really disappointed in you. Maybe you could ask some questions to clarify how much heat he is feeling? Maybe offer up a suggestion that might help him with his concern ? Maybe the chemotherapy he's having is effecting him ? Jmho

Freebob

Spyder Garage

Default Hmmm... may have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post

After replacing the seat on the 11 RT due to a torn seam, I have noticed a little more heat around the front of the seat at the glovebox gap. I remember that the latch post was adjustable., but didn't pay much attention to the hinge slots.

There are times like after a nice downpour that the subtle warmth is appreciated...
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

OMG Great Balls of Fire !

Moving the seat forward helps greatly. Noticed the issue was gone after the install of the Corbin seat. The new seat fits tight against the body panels.
    2015 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Default Keyboard bully

What helpful advice. Reminds me of the keyboard bullies who post all over the internet. JMHO
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I will try moving the seat..... I have the Ultimate seat.... not Tall boy.... There is about an inch of adjustment in the seat...... Good advice from the group....... SOME ..not so much..... Oh well.
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just remember: you can move the seat a fair amount... but not the latches.
    Someone mentioned that you're undergoing some medical therapies: that also may certainly be affecting what you feel, and The Best of Luck to you!

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As in maybe 1/100 th of an inch, because the latch mechanism prevents any movement of the seat. It's fixed and not adjustable..................and I've tried .........Mike
    Mike, you are so full of it. There is a slight adjustment there....