Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CLH View Post
    If it's in second gear and it's a SE5 it wont ever start until you get it back into first gear! I had a similar issue the first day that I brought my 2008 GS home
    I found a very short sentence in the book that stated it must be in Natural or first with the brake on to get the starter to be engaged
    I hope this helps!
    This issue was from ..... 2015 ...... But it's nice to know you wanted to help ...... Thanks ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Have you checked the level of the oil in the crankacase? It may be empty and hopefully the engine is not ruined. These things use oil and two years without checking it is a long time.
    Good luck. hope it is not too badly damaged.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vampyregirl View Post
    As I pulled up into my driveway, thank God!!! I'm thinking it needs an oil change, as one hasn't been done in a couple of years.

I must admit, it's been a couple of years since an oil change.
    You haven't done an oil change in a couple of years?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer51 View Post
    Have you checked the level of the oil in the crankacase? It may be empty and hopefully the engine is not ruined. These things use oil and two years without checking it is a long time.
    Good luck. hope it is not too badly damaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    You haven't done an oil change in a couple of years?
    Looks like you guys missed the date on the first post. It's July 2015! She's only had one post since Dec 2017.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)