Spyder Garage

Default Is there a after market Rear shock for the F3 ?

Hi all!!!
    I cant get my better half off the rear seat of the F3.. I am finding I am bottoming out a bit too much... PLEASE no weight jokes!! LOL!!! well... just for the record, I weigh 185 and my baby doll weighs around 125. We live in the Boston area and the roads... well are WAY less than desirable!!! Any info or links on a rear shock that fits the F3 would be GREATLY appreciated !

Spyder Garage

Elka is a sponsor here and the upgraded shock from BRP is a Fox Podium. I went with the Fox Podium and after preload was set it is working out great. I needed a couple extra hands and a body when setting the preload.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

After my experience with the Elka
    I would consider the Fox.

Spyder Garage

Default Elka and Fox

I went with the Elka Stage 4 rear to get around my size issues.
    After I sell the Fox shocks I will purchase the Elka stage 5 for the fronts.

I have a brand new in the box Fox Podium shock set for sale. (Front set and rear).
    I am a large boy and the Fox didn't allow for my size.

Spyder Garage

I went with the Elka stage two.. Would have gone with the stage 4 but their mounting of the reseviours was not to my liking

Elka unlike the fox will come sprung according to your weight. I was told by Fox that the shock sold by the dealers for the F3 has the same weight spring as the OEM one, 360 lb. Now when you add up the portion of your weight, the bikes weight and any add ons etc. the average sized person will quickly eat up a 360 lb springs

Mark
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by latinojj View Post
    Hi all!!!
    I cant get my better half off the rear seat of the F3.. I am finding I am bottoming out a bit too much... PLEASE no weight jokes!! LOL!!! well... just for the record, I weigh 185 and my baby doll weighs around 125. We live in the Boston area and the roads... well are WAY less than desirable!!! Any info or links on a rear shock that fits the F3 would be GREATLY appreciated !
    We weigh the same and have hit a couple of holes and bottomed out with original shock.
    have the brp Fox Factory series 2.0 podium rc2 rear shock. It has plenty of spring preload left after setting to recommended 314 mm (12-3/8 in) between upper and lower shock mountings.
    i set up damping to rebound 10, low speed compression 13 and high speed compression to 10. Works well for us.
    not sure how Elka adjust their shocks off the bike and how they set up rebound etc. Elka do make good shocks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nyparrothead View Post
    I went with the Elka stage two.. Would have gone with the stage 4 but their mounting of the reseviours was not to my liking

Elka unlike the fox will come sprung according to your weight. I was told by Fox that the shock sold by the dealers for the F3 has the same weight spring as the OEM one, 360 lb. Now when you add up the portion of your weight, the bikes weight and any add ons etc. the average sized person will quickly eat up a 360 lb springs

Mark
    Mark
    Did you do any adjusting to the preload. is yours a one or two spring setup. Also do you know had much sag you have?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    Mark
    Did you do any adjusting to the preload. is yours a one or two spring setup. Also do you know had much sag you have?
    Thanks
    I got it just as I was moving to another state so I just went with the setup Elka set it up at.. The shock is a dual spring unit. When I get some time away from unpacking boxes I will do a proper setup

mark
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Spyder Garage

Default Excellent info guys!!!!

You all ROCK ! ! !

Spyder Garage

I’m interested in just the rear shock if you want to sell it

Spyder Garage

This thread is 6 years old...

Spyder Garage

Hahaha.......nearly every new member gets caught out by the date of a post at some time, mjamesk . I certainly did..... but hey, you never know, it may still be for sale

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red