Spyder Garage

Default Adding a pad to the seat.

Went to see a local upholsterer to see if he could make a seat pad to raise me up a bit. He cut out a 2" hi-density foam piece for me to try out and it made a huge improvement. Relaxed my leg position and I can now easily reach the brake. I take it back to him next week for him to cover and affix hold down straps. He quoted $150 and it is well worth that.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I got a pad from Royal Riding for my VTX and love it. Rode 1100 miles on it the first part of June. No numbness at all. Great company, great product.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SO you have a sore butt.......

This is just what I have been telling everyone who does not live near my seat shop for years....
    If your seat is not good for you, Go find a GOOD "Automotive" Upholstery shop... one that does
    leather bucket seats in sports cars..... they can do your seat any way you want it for WAY LESS $$$$
    than buying a high dollar after market seat, and odds are you will get a better seat.
    I have been doing seats since 1967 and installing medical grade seat GEL into them since 1988
    and now I sell the Gel Seat kits that you can install yourself, but if you don't feel you can do it, the
    upholstery shop can.... I sell the Gel Kits for $75.95 it has everything you need except the tools to
    get your seat off and on...
    So if you do the math he spent $150.00 for the seat mod and if he put gel in it he is in his seat only $225.00
    think about it, a room full of engineers spent months designing everything you are riding including the seat
    there is nothing wrong with your seat pan or the foam all it needs is to be modified to fit you.....
    I will now step down from my soap box
    Ride Safe ( on a custom seat by Dave )

Quote Originally Posted by SailnDive View Post
    Went to see a local upholsterer to see if he could make a seat pad to raise me up a bit. He cut out a 2" hi-density foam piece for me to try out and it made a huge improvement. Relaxed my leg position and I can now easily reach the brake. I take it back to him next week for him to cover and affix hold down straps. He quoted $150 and it is well worth that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SailnDive View Post
    Interesting post. I have not seen that solution mentioned before for the problems you mention. Glad it is working out for you. Maybe others can benefit from being a little higher on the seat as well. Proper leg position can make a BIG difference. I'm fine on my RT but the position that my car inflicts on my left leg just drives me nuts - a real pain in the knee.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat