Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Well a straight answer would be fine. But if you don't have the answer that's fine, But when you chime in with other off topic comments it makes the original post non existent IMO.
    Does the bulletin exist? Most of the time when there is an answer out there, it pops up pretty quickly. This seems like a straight forward thing.

I am also interested in hearing about the answer. Guess I will see if I can find anything.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I didn't read this correctly but here is the answer.. I thought maybe they would be more in detail about the alignment specs..
    I am trying to get more details on the bulletins

On 3/25/14 BRP issues a service bulletin to their dealers named Roadster alignment specifications, number 2014-6. In this bulletin BRP endorses The True Laser Track patented Laser System and recommends their dealers use this revolutionary new method to align the Spyder.

On 3/25/2015 BRP issues a additional service bulletin to their dealers named Roadster alignment specifications, number 2015-6, endorsing True Laser track for the 2nd year in a row

Last edited by trikermutha; 07-13-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Does the bulletin exist? Most of the time when there is an answer out there, it pops up pretty quickly. This seems like a straight forward thing.

I am also interested in hearing about the answer. Guess I will see if I can find anything.

It did last year. I saw it at the dealer when I was talking to him about having Squared Away come up and do alignments.

Here's a comment I made last year, www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?68270-I-ve-been-Squared-Away!-Front-wheel-alignment-done-right! regarding BRP's position about the laser alignment.

An interesting side note. The Moto Tech service manager said that in all his years of association with Can Am products, the Outlaw Laser Alignment system is the first non-BRP maintenance method or product that he has seen BRP endorse. Always before, he said, BRP has either developed the method and equipment, or bought out the system and made it their own.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I didn't read this correctly but here is the answer.. I thought maybe they would be more in detail about the alignment specs..

On 3/25/14 BRP issues a service bulletin to their dealers named Roadster alignment specifications, number 2014-6. In this bulletin BRP endorses The True Laser Track patented Laser System and recommends their dealers use this revolutionary new method to align the Spyder.

On 3/25/2015 BRP issues a additional service bulletin to their dealers named Roadster alignment specifications, number 2015-6, endorsing True Laser track for the 2nd year in a row

PS: The local dealer's appear to not know about either of the above.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default laser alignment

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    The alignment is based on the rotor, not the tires. The tires don't have to be on to be aligned. In fact, the BRP procedure requires the tires to be removed. They could do a laser alignment at the factory but they'd have to revise the procedure and/or tools as the tires would not be mounted on the bike and the current procedure is designed to be done with all the tires mounted.
    I had mine done at Spyderfest 2 yrs ago.....they did not take tires off.....they pulled center hub cap off and put a laser cap on the front wheels...totally different ride...no wander any more.....Lexington Motorsports in Ky does it when it assembles new ones.....I traded my 12 for a 15 GOOD PEOPLE....Aaron Cocker is the manager.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

.. Maybe someone will soon..

Spyder Garage

Kind of a bit disappointing. I purchased the manual from EBay. Seems pretty complete, BRP and all... Sadly, no procedure, whether BRP or anything else explaining how to align the wheels. Maybe I missed it going page by page, but search did not find it either.

PK
    Last edited by PMK; 07-14-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Kind of a bit disappointing. I purchased the manual from EBay. Seems pretty complete, BRP and all... Sadly, no precedure, whether BRP or anything else explaining how to align the wheels. Maybe I missed it going page by page, but search did not find it either.

PK
    In the 2013 service manual the BRP method to align to the frame is in Subsection XX (Steering (DPS) and Front Wheels)

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

The owner of Moto Tech did not know about it either. He searched the BRP tech bulletins while I was standing there and found it and read it. That's when he decided to let Squared Away use his service dept driveway to do alignments.

The tech told me earlier this summer he has gotten pretty fast and good using the factory method and was having good results, although he still agreed the laser was a better method.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

In the 2013 service manual the BRP method to align to the frame is in Subsection XX (Steering (DPS) and Front Wheels)
    Not to disagree with your 2013 manual, the same section is referred to in the 14 manual also. Check the image below for the wording. They use this same phrase for alignment many times and anytime a front suspension component is replaced.

Sadly the Steering (DPS) and Front Wheels section is only 4 pages long. There is one image illustrating the steering components and torque values. The following three pages all deal with Steering Angle Sensor troubleshooting and replacement. The chapter ends and goes into Front Suspension.

My 2014 RT manual does not have a front end alignment section, unless it is buried somewhere other than where they say it is.

PK
    Last edited by PMK; 07-14-2015 at 07:17 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not to disagree with your 2013 manual, the same section is referred to in the 14 manual also. Check the image below for the wording. They use this same phrase for alignment many times and anytime a front suspension component is replaced.

Sadly the Steering (DPS) and Front Wheels section is only 4 pages long. There is one image illustrating the steering components and torque values. The following three pages all deal with Steering Angle Sensor troubleshooting and replacement. The chapter ends and goes into Front Suspension.

My 2014 RT manual does not have a front end alignment section, unless it is buried somewhere other than where they say it is.

PK

I just looked at my manual and seen nothing for alignments..

Spyder Garage

I just looked at my manual and seen nothing for alignments..
    In the section I noted above, do you not have a section that begins ADJUSTMENT STEERING ALIGNMENT VERIFICATION? The first tool in the Required Items list is the PITMAN ARM LOCKING TOOL.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

In the section I noted above, do you not have a section that begins ADJUSTMENT STEERING ALIGNMENT VERIFICATION? The first tool in the Required Items list is the PITMAN ARM LOCKING TOOL.
    Not in my manual...

PK

Spyder Garage

Not in my manual...

PK
    Interesting! I wonder why not. Here's the section from the 2013 RT manual.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...02013%20RT.pdf

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Anyone have access to bulletin number 2015-6 about the laser alignments???

Not the bulletin requested (can't imagine it's that much different) but after a bit of looking my local service manager stumbled on "Service Bulletin 2014-6 Roadster Alignment Specifications" which states in part "True Laser Track is a recommended supplier of laser alignment kits..." The file size exceeds the limit imposed for posting it here but I have deposited it in a folder on "Box" which you can retrieve here.

Baja Ron - Dimple - Ultimate - Lamonster Garage - K&N - Smoothspyder - Amsoil - Hiflo - FOBO - Spyderpops

Sena - Dynaplug - Shoei - Tourmaster - Garmin

Spyder Garage

So much for my original post..Wish we stay on topic sometimes..
    Like gravity, you can fight it, you can get mad at it, you can even try to ignore it. But it will never go away.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Honestly, for the DIY person, the BRP info list specs for toe in regards to ride height.

That info along with this calculator can be used if you have the desire to align at home. Overall though, getting it done by those that have the tools and are familiar with the settings may be easier for most people.

The interesting part is that on newer vehicles, BRP is concerned about the rider weight in how it effects toe in or more correctly, bump steer.

To use this calculator for a three wheeled vehicle, simply combine the left and right rear wheels into one, and take the dimension shown. As with all Spyder alignments, the rear wheel must be positioned first to have the belt track properly.

https://robrobinette.com/DIYAlignmentCalculator.htm

PK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Cruysyn View Post
    Not the bulletin requested (can't imagine it's that much different) but after a bit of looking my local service manager stumbled on "Service Bulletin 2014-6 Roadster Alignment Specifications" which states in part "True Laser Track is a recommended supplier of laser alignment kits..." The file size exceeds the limit imposed for posting it here but I have deposited it in a folder on "Box" which you can retrieve here.

Thank you that answers my post. Good Stuff..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Honestly, for the DIY person, the BRP info list specs for toe in regards to ride height.

That info along with this calculator can be used if you have the desire to align at home. Overall though, getting it done by those that have the tools and are familiar with the settings may be easier for most people.

The interesting part is that on newer vehicles, BRP is concerned about the rider weight in how it effects toe in or more correctly, bump steer.

To use this calculator for a three wheeled vehicle, simply combine the left and right rear wheels into one, and take the dimension shown. As with all Spyder alignments, the rear wheel must be positioned first to have the belt track properly.

https://robrobinette.com/DIYAlignmentCalculator.htm

PK

Good Info !!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    The problem is, the company hasn't yet completely penetrated the dealer market, which makes it hard for many of us to get laser alignment without traveling hundreds of miles. In my case, the nearest dealer is in Las Vegas which is about 350 miles from me. I talked to Spyder Comfort and they said that Ride Now has ordered them for their stores here in the Phoenix area. Hopefully, they will be up and running sometime in mid July. I don't have any reason to believe my brand new Spyder is out of alignment, but based on what I've read here, it would be worth $125 for the peace of mind.

Pam
    Square Away has done two Laser Alignments here at my Hanger in Tucson for everyone. If enough interest is generated I am sure we will be doing another.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Like gravity, you can fight it, you can get mad at it, you can even try to ignore it. But it will never go away.
    Last edited by trikermutha; 07-18-2015 at 09:04 AM.