Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vee Rubber

Spyder Garage

[COLOR=##000000]ARACHNID rear : 225/50 R15 are $148 EACH

These tires are designed for all makes and all years of Spyders EXCEPT the 2014 1330 ACE RT….because of the extra weight of that model of Spyder, a new rear tire is being designed for it ( we have had NO problems but there are some “concerns” in Spyder World) Vee Rubber is currently working on a Touring tire for the 1330 and are also designing a front Spyder tire size 165/55R15 for the 2013-2014 models
    [/COLOR]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hillybillyheaven View Post
    I just called Spydercomfort…I believe they are the only ones with the NEW rears,,,and “correct” the 15 inch fronts will be coming by August 1st

Just to clear up info: this is a quote from Kristal

Okay the number VTR 350 refers to ALL ARACHNID TIRES and many websites out there are tricking you….

You have to ASK……what serial number you are buying..Vee Rubber factory is telling me the websites might be selling the old style…the rears have the same sizing…BUT LOOK AT RATING

#V35001 is original fronts 165/65 R 14 the old front is rated 47 H

#V35002 is original rear 225/50 R15 the old rear is rated 68 H

The new ones are

#V35003 is the new fronts 165/55 R15 the new front is rated 55H

#V35004 is new rear for the 1330 225/50 R15 the new rear is rated 80 H
    They are correct...I wasnt tricked..I knew this info before they did..It is on the Vee Rubber Web Catalog..
    I did find someone else with the correct tire.
    Last edited by trikermutha; 07-07-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    and I paid $ 114.00 for two " V " rated Toyo's that stick like glue...............I'll bet I'm Happier ......Mike ......... and the I'm posting this because we always have New people here who aren't savvy about things and I wouldn't want them to think you got a GREAT tire at a GREAT price........there are other options .......

As long as you are happy thats all that matters.... 10 bucks extra a tire is not going to break my piggy bank. I wanted to stick to a tire that was made specifically for the spider..I know some out there are all running other tires and dont have any issues.. If this tire dont work the way I like I will try something else next.. I am sure the peeps out there can fiqure out what is best for them.. I just wanted to spead the word of the new tire made for the 1330's models..I know some out there can appreciate that..
    Last edited by trikermutha; 07-07-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I just got 2 for $249.00
    Let us know how you like them.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Vee rubber dealer

A good Vee dealer is Outlaw laser alignment at http://www.spydercomfort.com/tires.htm

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post

As long as you are happy thats all that matters.... 10 bucks extra a tire is not going to break my piggy bank. I wanted to stick to a tire that was made specifically for the spider..I know some out there are all running other tires and dont have any issues.. If this tire dont work the way I like I will try something else next.. I am sure the peeps out there can fiqure out what is best for them.. I just wanted to spead the word of the new tire made for the 1330's models..I know some out there can appreciate that..
    Math was not my best subject BUT ...you paid $ 249.00 for TWO TIRES.................I paid $ 114.00 for TWO TIRES .......My math says the difference is $ 67.50 extra per tire ...........which is considerably more than $10.............just sayin.......Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was given a Vee Rubber "new" compound and while it handled as well as a Kenda, it wore out in about the same time. The Vee tire wore on the outside with 28 psi so I bumped it up to 30 and rode it a few thousand miles more than I probably should have.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Math was not my best subject BUT ...you paid $ 249.00 for TWO TIRES.................I paid $ 114.00 for TWO TIRES .......My math says the difference is $ 67.50 extra per tire ...........which is considerably more than $10.............just sayin.......Mike
    He bought "Vees"; what tire did you buy?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I enjoy these tire threads when people offer their personal experience with a particular tire like many have done here. However, there are one or two people that seem to continuously imply that if you don't go with their brand then somehow you are being foolish or wasting your money. I don't find these type of comments helpful or even forum friendly.

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

if Vee Rubber is like Kenda... I would not install either on my lawnmower...

osml

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But we don't really know that for sure; do we?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

OK...I got your math now....LOL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I was given a Vee Rubber "new" compound and while it handled as well as a Kenda, it wore out in about the same time. The Vee tire wore on the outside with 28 psi so I bumped it up to 30 and rode it a few thousand miles more than I probably should have.
    I Got your PM...How long have you been running the New Version Vee Rubber? How many miles..?
    If it last longer than the Kenda then I am going in the right direction..

either way I have two bikes we are putting these new version vee tires on and time will tell..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    He bought "Vees"; what tire did you buy?
    Looks like these..

and I paid $ 114.00 for two " V " rated Toyo's that stick like glue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lets see how the Vee Rubber Tire works out before we formulate all kinds of opinions. Like I stated earlier I just wanted to get the word out that we had another option for the Spyder tire made for the Spyder..

Spyder Garage

#V35001 is original fronts 165/65 R 14 the old front is rated 47 H

#V35002 is original rear 225/50 R15 the old rear is rated 68 H

The new ones are

#V35003 is the new fronts 165/55 R15 the new front is rated 55H

#V35004 is new rear for the 1330 225/50 R15 the new rear is rated 80 H

I've got a '12 RTL. These new fronts are 15's....I need 14's right? My stocks are 47H as well (according to Ops Guide), but earlier posts about Arachinds stated something about weight rating not being up to snuff for the orignal Arachnid fronts. Was that for models newer than '12 due to some increased weight?
    Are the "original" fronts okay for my RTL? I can get a set for a good price from a fellow club member. Or do I get the Pontenza's for twice the $$$?
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup! You've got 14" front wheels on your 2012.

Spyder Garage

I've been working with the owner for months and helped him with making sure we had the right tire for the RT. The ones he sent me didn't have the sidewall needed for such a heavy bike. He's pretty sure they got it right this time and I have another tire to test on the way. If I like it we'll be stocking and selling them in the www.ShopSpyderLovers.com store

Spyder Garage

Default sounds like...

From what Lamont stated, I'm gleaning that it'd likely be better off to go with the Potenza's over the original version Arachnid fronts, even for a '12. I'll more than likely be needing 'em before his evaluation would be complete.
    I hope the new Arachnids meet with approval! We can always use better and more varied choices.
    Last edited by NorCalBud; 07-08-2015 at 03:47 PM. Reason: addendum
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights

Spyder Garage

TIRES…..TIRES…..TIRES…. everyone has a opinion

I for one will chose safety over the excessive miles some riders are bragging about

The biggest problem with car tires on a Spyder is hydroplaning….a car tire is NOT meant to be mounted on a motorcycle…it is too stiff. That is why many BRP dealers WILL NOT mount a car tire on a Spyder. Plus a car tire does a number on the chassis by the constant jarring a car tire applies to the Spyder chassis.

The Arachnid is made for SPYDERS and is a motorcycle tire

They can be bought at www.spydercomfort.com

They tell me they will be having a summer blowout sale on Arachnids soon….and they can ship…IMHO

Spyder Garage

Default This is why we discuss....

While I do agree with you, Hillbillyheaven, and I would prefer the MC tires, having a sidewall that is too pliable could result is handling issues. Not too much Safety in weak sidewalls not working for the size of the machine. I hope the new ones are better.I've also read here that the "original" Arachnids have had some reported rim slipping issues.
    The possible problem I have with the OEM tire is a likely separation in the tire causing a wobble. This seems to have occurred frequently (according to quite a few postings here for the same issue) and has only been remedied by new tires.
    There are not many choices recommended by BRP.
    Would you go back to that same tire?
    Last edited by NorCalBud; 07-09-2015 at 12:34 PM.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HYDROPLANING

TIRES…..TIRES…..TIRES…. everyone has a opinion

I for one will chose safety over the excessive miles some riders are bragging about

The biggest problem with car tires on a Spyder is hydroplaning….a car tire is NOT meant to be mounted on a motorcycle…it is too stiff. That is why many BRP dealers WILL NOT mount a car tire on a Spyder. Plus a car tire does a number on the chassis by the constant jarring a car tire applies to the Spyder chassis.

The Arachnid is made for SPYDERS and is a motorcycle tire

They can be bought at www.spydercomfort.com

They tell me they will be having a summer blowout sale on Arachnids soon….and they can ship…IMHO
    Stiff sidewalls are very , very far down on the list of reasons " WHY A VEHICLE WILL HYDROPLANE ".....The mistake people make after mounting a car tire on the Spyder is they inflate to the BRP specs for the KENDA....I have a Michelin Hydro-edge that has 21 PSI and rides very nice.......I have actually DRAG RACED with it as low as 14 PSI without slippage........A short while back I posted " HYDROPLANING "......It was meant to inform and educate, a few people read it ................I know " paint color opinions " are far more interesting .......Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-09-2015 at 04:04 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Vee Rubber

I wanted to get some new tires prior to our Alaska trip and had some difficulties with the tires mentioned on this blog. Tire Rack and other major tire online retailers said the Kumho rear tire was no longer made and the Yokohama was unavailable as well. Also they said they would not knowingly sell a car tire for use on a motorcycle. The rear tire size is one that is mostly made for racing. I could understand dealer squeamishness. Though not widely known, Vee Rubber makes tires specific for the Can Am! I ordered a set today, $245.49, free shipping to California from Motorcycle Tire Maniac. I saw some mentions on this blog and have faith it is good. Some what of a leap of faith, but they had a nice video on the MC Tire Maniac site that looked legit. They specialize in bicycle and MC tires as well as small trucks. Time will tell? Any experience out there with these tires?
    Thanks,
    Santa Ken

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

trikermutha is getting a set, and SpyderAnn01 ran the early version of their rear tire...
    These are relatively new to the market, so we'll be waiting to hear your thoughts about them.
    Good Luck!

Spyder Garage

I found the Kumho Ecsta AST 225/50 15 at Discount Tire for $81 with free shipping. I'm getting a belt tension gauge and bubble balancer so that I can change my own tires. I plan to put lots of miles on the Spyder and I don't want to spend $300+ and a 160 mile round trip to the dealer each time I need a new rear tire.
    I wish I knew for sure that the AST was a good option. I wonder if the rolling radius is close to the same as the OEM tire.