Spyder Garage

Default Gutted RS-S Muffler!

I obtained an RS-S stock muffler (free) for modification. I have plasma cutter and mig welder in Foggy Bottom Motor Werks. I cut a strip from the bottom too see what was going on inside. One really needs to open up rear half of the bottom. I cut the center plate and all piping to the rear just leaving the outlet pipes stock. I welded the inner bottom plate in place placed the glass matt, then welded the outer in place. Tarted it up with a grinder and painted with high temp black paint. The muffler is now an expansion chamber with a low note. It does not interfere with my tunes.

The inlet is to the right. This pix is at the beginning of inner removal. The center plate and aft piping was removed. At the top right you can see the double wall construction (why it so heavy). Money spent none. Happy yeah! 3 down and gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Default What..!!

Thats what you put back on.... a picture of your finished product would make it complete and a sound clip would be tops... congrats I'm visualizing a nice sounding pipe...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Thats what you put back on.... a picture of your finished product would make it complete and a sound clip would be tops... congrats I'm visualizing a nice sounding pipe...
    Not that much sound increase, but the fuel light comes on about 20 miles later.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!