Thread: Exhaust?

Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust?

Hi guys, I'm looking at buying a 2014 RSS SE5, just wondering what bolt on exhaust sounds best, I know this question will vary from personal preferences. Voodoo sound like a good exhaust.

Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust

There are lots of threads on this topic on the gs RS boards. Many sound really good. Lots of sound bite videos on you tube. The hmf pipe seems to be the best bang for the buck, but there are also bargains to be had on e bay. The voodoo is pretty loud. That's fun at first, but annoying after a while. I use a yoshi muffler from a Suzuki 1000 that I adapted to fit. Many many different ways to go. Good luck with your search.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Default Choices choices..!!

I had the hindle and loved it but wore it out. I noe have the Yoshimura R77 which I like even better and comes with an additional removable baffle...happy hunting...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I had 2 bro and it needed repacking, so instead went with the Spyder1Attitude and that never needs repacking. its a glass pack and many of my Harley friends like the sound.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post
    I had 2 bro and it needed repacking, so instead went with the Spyder1Attitude and that never needs repacking. its a glass pack and many of my Harley friends like the sound.
    Repack with this stuff. I packed my 109 pipes with it, doesn't burn good stuff expands with heat
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-AU

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 109spyder View Post
    Hi guys, I'm looking at buying a 2014 RSS SE5, just wondering what bolt on exhaust sounds best, I know this question will vary from personal preferences. Voodoo sound like a good exhaust.
    spyder1attitude works great for me, simple & cool look with sweet sounds.............tons of options nowadays, good luck figuring it out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 109spyder View Post
    Repack with this stuff. I packed my 109 pipes with it, doesn't burn good stuff expands with heat
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-AU

I gave the 2 bros to a friend, who put it on his Dune Buggy. He didn't bother repacking it and likes the sound and I always know when he is around.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

Default Pipe

I'm between HMF or spyder1 ...I don't have enough imput to decide yet , any thoughts are appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Akrapovic is an option. HMF are a great sounding muffler, but putting an aftermarket muffler on a 2014 RS/RSS will still
    sound a little quiet until you do something about the pre-exhaust muffler, replace with a Pit Bull
    Cat Delete before changing your muffler.
    Just my opinion
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Default HMF for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    I'm between HMF or spyder1 ...I don't have enough imput to decide yet , any thoughts are appreciated.
    Great looking, and great sounding pipe. Good price too- under 300
    it was fun while it lasted.