Spyder Garage

Default After Market Exhaust Slip On for 2014 ST-S

I want something that is louder for safety reasons and for coolness reasons. Not thrilled with the OEM exhaust. Has anyone added an aftermarket slip on to their machine?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jglencurry View Post
    I want something that is louder for safety reasons and for coolness reasons. Not thrilled with the OEM exhaust. Has anyone added an aftermarket slip on to their machine?

I went with the Two Brothers. I initially I reported that it was not obnoxiously loud. But after hours of riding We find that the "droning" can become annoying. THAT being said I also have the CAT bypass which may be contributing to the sound. After all it made the OEM exhaust slightly louder.

We are leaving on a 5 day 2000 mile ride and I decided to go back to the OEM muffler for our vacation. We find it much easier to communicate and listen to music on our head sets with the oem muffler. I will put the two brothers back on when we get home. It is about a 20 minute swap.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Ive got the Akrapovic sport silencer with both baffles removed. They are on sale for $350 at selected CAN AM dealers thru 7/31/15. Regular price is around 900 buck. Pricey for sure, but looks great, fits great and sounds AWESOME. Not annoyingly loud but gets your attention. You can hear it coming. My wife says on long rides over 50 mph the sound gets a bit old. Otherwise she even loves it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Spyder ST Limited...Akrapovic Sport Silencer, Fog Lights, Backrest, Spyderpops BumpSkid, 2014 cooling panels, BajaRon swaybar, Fox shocks, RS-S mag wheels...
    2014 Spyder RT-S, Spyderpops BumpSkid, BajaRon Swaybar, TricLED lighting, Magic Mirrors, Akrapovic Sport Silencer...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Actually the Akrapovic mufflers are $350 off the regular price. I love mine and enjoy the rumble but still hear the radio. Not sure if you need the coupon mailed to owners to get the deal. They come with new bolts and removing the old bolts can be difficult. I used a bit of WD40 and after an hour I muscled them off. Some owners have had to grind the bolts off.

Susie
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Two Brothers

I purchased the two brothers single carbon fiber on my st ltd. Many to choose from. You tube has some sound clips of spiders with aftermarket pipes. Check it out. Ride Safe

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!

I appreciate the responses. I went with the Two Brothers Carbon Fiber M-5.
    Update: Got it installed, very happy with it. I was SHOCKED at how heavy the factory exhaust is. I bet the weight of the machine decreased by at least 20 pounds.
    Last edited by jglencurry; 12-13-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

I appreciate the responses. I went with the Two Brothers Carbon Fiber M-5.
    The cat delete will do more of you in terms of heat reduction as the surface temp of the cat delete pipe is over 150 degrees cooler than the surface of the cat converter
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default STS Exhaust

I have the HMF and cat bypass on my 2013 ST and love it. Not nearly as loud as my friend's Two Bros yet very throaty. Acceleration is much better but when I changed the exhaust I also added a juice box fuel management system.

Spyder Garage

my wife and I HAVE THE SPYDER ATTITUDE WE LOVE THE SOUND

Spyder Garage

Default Nice Machine!

Great looking machine!

Quote Originally Posted by NSPYTE View Post
    Ive got the Akrapovic sport silencer with both baffles removed. They are on sale for $350 at selected CAN AM dealers thru 7/31/15. Regular price is around 900 buck. Pricey for sure, but looks great, fits great and sounds AWESOME. Not annoyingly loud but gets your attention. You can hear it coming. My wife says on long rides over 50 mph the sound gets a bit old. Otherwise she even loves it.

Spyder Garage

I had a two brothers carbon fiber dual exhaust on my 2013 st-s. I loved the sound. Not obnoxious IMHO plus I believe it looked great.
    Attached Images Attached Images